What's new

Nawaz to visit China on July 4

Man, shut the fucck up! No one asked for an Indian's opinion.
And I didn't ask for your opinion whether I should STFU or not! Shows the abysmal level of your intellect by that nonsensical one-liner. Made you look pretty silly.

Dunderheads sitting in the States or wherever, bashing their keyboards with such gems, just shows the enormous amount of fart stuffed in their braincells. Why don't such numskulls stay away when they don't have anything to contribute instead of asking others to STFU? Jeeez! :angry:

And hey, I ain't going to STFU on your orders! Get that into your head.

@cb4 - Yaaar Butt do we have Uranium Resources to power these behemoths ? :what:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nonsense, China is the single biggest trade partner of Pakistan and it is also the biggest lender to Pakistan (after the international banks).

Give me the figures if you can refute me.
Bhai, what you've linked are just ESTIMATES! And I'm not talking about trade. What I said was that China, compared to other world lending bodies has provided little or no aid to Pakistan! Investments, and aid to tide over the financial woes afflicting Pakistan, are two different things. China has shown little interest in propping up Pakistan’s economy and has not provided substantial economic aid, even during times of need.

Pakistan’s portrayal of its relationship with China features exaggeration of the economic dimension of the relationship. Pakistani media routinely reports huge numbers for investment and financing with China, numbers that cannot be verified by any independent source, including by the Chinese government or the Chinese companies supposedly involved. While Pakistani officials talk of a total of $25 billion in Chinese investment in Pakistan so far, the PRC’s official figure of direct investment through 2010 is a meagre $1.83 billion.

The limits of the China-Pakistan financial relationship is the PRC’s not-so-gentle shunting of Pakistani aid requests to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). China denied large-scale aid requests made by Pakistan immediately after the September 2008 financial shock, forcing Islamabad to run to the IMF for a multi-billion-dollar loan amounting to $7 billion (later enhanced to $11 billion) with stringent economic conditions. In the end, China did agree to provide just around $500 million in concessionary lending to Pakistan, but its refusal to provide large-scale loans indicates clear limits on China’s willingness to take primary responsibility for Pakistan’s financial woes.

Nawaz Sharif in China on five-day visit

Islamabad: Nawaz Sharif arrived in Beijing on Wednesday on a five-day official visit to China, his first foreign trip in his new term as the prime minister of Pakistan.

Chinese Deputy Foreign Minister Zhang Yesui received Sharif and his delegation at the Beijing airport.

Sharif is accompanied by Balochistan Chief Minister Abdul Malek Baloch as well as Minister for Planning and Development Ahsan Iqbal and special assistant to the prime minister on foreign affairs Tareq Fatimi, the Dawn reported.

According to Pakistan’s Ambassador to China Masoud Khalid, the premier’s visit would further strengthen strategic bilateral ties.

http://gulfnews.com/news/world/pakistan/nawaz-sharif-in-china-on-five-day-visit-1.1205142

1372870719-pm-nawaz-sharif-arrives-for-5day-visit-to-china_2220015.jpg

1372870719-pm-nawaz-sharif-arrives-for-5day-visit-to-china_2220019.jpg

1372870721-pm-nawaz-sharif-arrives-for-5day-visit-to-china_2220039.jpg

971312_10151547055107462_1994483014_n.jpg

Bhai, what you've linked are just ESTIMATES! And I'm not talking about trade. What I said was that China, compared to other world lending bodies has provided little or no aid to Pakistan! Investments, and aid to tide over the financial woes afflicting Pakistan, are two different things. China has shown little interest in propping up Pakistan’s economy and has not provided substantial economic aid, even during times of need.

Pakistan’s portrayal of its relationship with China features exaggeration of the economic dimension of the relationship. Pakistani media routinely reports huge numbers for investment and financing with China, numbers that cannot be verified by any independent source, including by the Chinese government or the Chinese companies supposedly involved. While Pakistani officials talk of a total of $25 billion in Chinese investment in Pakistan so far, the PRC’s official figure of direct investment through 2010 is a meagre $1.83 billion.

The limits of the China-Pakistan financial relationship is the PRC’s not-so-gentle shunting of Pakistani aid requests to the International Monetary Fund (IMF). China denied large-scale aid requests made by Pakistan immediately after the September 2008 financial shock, forcing Islamabad to run to the IMF for a multi-billion-dollar loan amounting to $7 billion (later enhanced to $11 billion) with stringent economic conditions. In the end, China did agree to provide just around $500 million in concessionary lending to Pakistan, but its refusal to provide large-scale loans indicates clear limits on China’s willingness to take primary responsibility for Pakistan’s financial woes.

Well, first of all China was not created to babysit Pakistan, neither Pakistan was created to be babysit by China.

There are literally thousands of infrastructure projects happening in Pakistan at any one time, whether they be governmental or by the private sector.

Pakistan, where necessary asks other countries for help either with technology, know-how or financially. The financial help comes in the form of either soft loans, or the costs of the projects is shared with the helping country.

Your previous post assumes Pakistani Government goes around the world asking for charity - that's not the case. Pakistan had $60 billion debt as of March 2013 just like India had a debt of $390 billion as of March 2013.

On the other hand, in Pakistan's hour of need , it's allies have always provided help and lots of it where possible. For example, the first 50 JF-17 Thunder aircrafts that Pakistan is acquiring today are pretty much gifted by China, just like our Saudi brothers gifted us with 40 F-16 Fighting Falcons in the 1980s.

There's a long, long list of gifts which I'm sure you're well aware from nukes to dams to satellites.

Secondly, here's something that every Hindu Indian fails to understand... Why do the Pakistanis love China so much? I find the Indians extremely frustrated by our behaviour in this regard.

Insha'Allah I will attempt to explain it you, but you as an Indian will not be able to grasp it no matter how hard you try.

Muslim Pakistanis' relationship with China does not go back to the 1940s neither it has been strengthened because both countries see India as a common enemy. It in fact goes back 14 centuries.

In one of many hundreds of thousands of Hadith Sharif of the Beloved Prophet of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa-Alihi Was-Sallam, he said something like, In pursuit of knowledge, travel as far as China if you have to. These are not the exact words so please do not quote me.

Despite the words were in regards to distance a Muslim should travel in pursuit of knowledge, the mere mention of China by the Beloved Rasool of Allah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa-Alihi Was-Sallam put a lot of respect in hearts the Muslim Ummah for China.

It is our culture to love China despite that country has never been a Muslim nation. Our grandparents, parents and the Muslim people around us talk only good things about China. We only prefer to hear good things about China. Even in our Masaajid, our Imams and the Muslim scholars talk positively about China. Our children are taught only good things about China. But more importantly, people get extremely offended when someone tries to mention anything negative against China.

We have no interest in hearing negative things about China, hence you see why so many Indians get banned on Pakistani military forums just for being too critical of China or having a negative attitude towards the Chinese members.

Therefore, like the Indians who have been trying so hard to create a wedge between Pakistan and China for so long with no success, can carry on as nothing will change. You don't understand our culture or our religion, that's why Indians continue to fail in this regard. Even if China ever declared Pakistan as an enemy, it will be very difficult for us to adopt a negative attitude against China.

This phenomenon of Muslim love and respect for China for the past 14 centuries doesn't just happen in Pakistan only but its same all over the 56 predominantly Muslim countries.

Having said all that Mr OrionHunter, again, I do not expect you to understand any of it.

@cb4 - Yaaar Butt do we have Uranium Resources to power these behemoths ? :what:

Some of my friends whose relatives who were working with National Research Center said, we have enough resources of power up around 25k MegaWatt Power Plants. Just Peshawar alone has good enough resources. And by 2025, Technology will become so advance, Human can reach to first layer of the earth, then Pakistan is expected to have much more reserves. Even if required Pakistan can get them from Kazakhstan for now.

PS: uranium alone is not a fuel to run the Power Plants.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haven't we heard all this before? How many times are these same issues going to be discussed? Like it is going to be the umpteenth time that Pakistan will discuss 'economic cooperation'. But unfortunately, China hasn't given a dime to Pakistan as yet for tiding over its economic crises, making it run every time to the World Bank and IMF instead.

China will however do what's in its interest only. China's control of Gwadar is the latest move towards its ambitious plan to safeguard its Persian Gulf route, through which over 60 per cent of its oil supplies flow. China also gets a potential naval base in the Arabian Sea, linked by road to its eastern Xinjiang province by the rapid expansion of the energy corridor along the Karakoram highway, which links Gwadar to Kashgar in China.

China always gets the cake while Pakistan is left holding the spoon!

The usual indians bs Chinese only do what is in our interests as though no other countries is looking after their own interests except china, simply pathetic.
anyway welcome china

Muslim Pakistanis' relationship with China does not go back to the 1940s neither it has been strengthened because both countries see India as a common enemy. It in fact goes back 14 centuries.

Having said all that Mr OrionHunter, again, I do not expect you to understand any of it.
SUPARCO bhai, I unfortunately don't, for the simple reason that what you just mentioned makes it as though Pakistan's relationship with China goes back 14 centuries when Pakistan came into being only in 1947!!!

Here's what 'India' looked like 14 centuries ago. I don't see Pakistan nor any Muslim influence in the region. It wasn't even called 'India' back then!

Map_of_Vedic_India.png

Lol@ the way shahbaz shrief is standing in that photo and whatever it is that he's wearing.

4th of July seems to be a date that sticks to NZ for doing imp things.

Years ago he went to US too on this date.

"Gentlemen! Thank you very much for gracing our Independence Day". That is how President Bill Clinton greeted Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and his team at Blair House, the US Presidential Guest House, on July 4, 1999. Coming at the height of the Kargil crisis, the visit was critical. Just across the road from the White House, the almost 200 year-old Blair House has long been associated with events of monumental importance in world history.

The prime minister’s arrival in Washington was shrouded in mystery. The first reports of the visit came to the Pakistan Embassy not from our foreign office but the State Department. Everyone was caught unawares. Hurried meetings were called, confidential internal memos dug up, and briefs developed to be able to lay down all the necessary ground work for the emergency high-octane meeting. Nawaz Sharif arrived on July 3 at Andrews Airbase and was received by Prince Bandar Bin Sultan, the Saudi Ambassador to the US, and then taken for intense briefings.

It was evident at that time that Gen Musharraf’s unauthorised, illogical and non-strategic adventurism had pushed the situation to the precipice and a full-fledged war between two nuclear rivals was imminent. Musharraf’s claim that the prime minister had approved ‘Operation Badr’ (Kargil) is not true. The PM was briefed about the Kargil operation for the first time only around mid-May 1999 when a lot had already happened. Gen Majeed Malik, a military veteran and cabinet minister who attended the briefing, is reported to have strongly opposed the idea and bitterly criticised the operation calling it “silly and utterly illogical”.

By the time Nawaz Sharif touched down in Washington to defuse the situation, the entire world had descended on us in the Pakistan Embassy with Pakistan being criticised heavily, both in the print and the electronic media. In this backdrop, Nawaz Sharif battled his way up – pleading with the world to give diplomacy a chance.

The Americans are known for treating their holidays as sacrosanct and Independence Day is the veritable sanctum sanctorum. US functionaries were visibly ill at ease. Bringing President Clinton to the table to bail Pakistan out of the imbroglio on that day was not, therefore, business as usual. It was made possible in the face of the real and immediate danger of an all-out war. Saudi intervention on Nawaz Sharif’s SOS call made this possible. And the man who could work this miracle was Prince Bandar Bin Sultan.

The unsung hero of Kargil - Malik Zahoor Ahmad

Is any defense deal expected to be signed in this visit ?
Not likely because apparently no high level military official is accompanying NS. Firstly focus on investment and economy. As both improve, so would be the defense relationships too

Back
Top Bottom