What's new

Nawaz Sharif pushing Pakistan back to 1999

My guess is that Pakistanis are quite impatient people in general. They need a govt with magic powers. In India if a govt is not performing most of us root for the opposition in the next election. In Pakistan they root for 111 brigade to take over and blame democracy.
Well the last PPP government completed its tenure and they did NOTHING
and then Nawaz was elected again thanks to saudis and turks and he is doing nothing except that he has almost surrendered infront of taliban and other terrorist outfits and not to mention the Tahafuz-e Pakistan Ordinance which gives the police the freedom to kill any one, they just created a law to kill their political opponents and if we are supposed to watch and wait for our deaths for 5 more years in the name of democracy then i would prefer a military dictator taking over the country

Then wait for the next elections and vote him out.
Bhai aaj kal to cricket bhi 20 overs ka ho gya hai. 6 saal ka saber kon karay. Wo bhi is umeed pe Kay agla wala theek ho ga. that how we role here in Pakistan.

Once Pakistan's foreign reserves are depleted and is bankrupt, then people will realize that they made a mistake. So wait for it.
image.jpg

a serious question .. do average Pakistani really dislike Democracy or is it because of ZArdari and Nawaz types !

Yes, many do, and it's because of two reasons. The first being that the military governments have always offered better political stability, ruled with an iron fist, kept everyone in line, kept relations with the west good, and it works very well in the short term. But that's the thing, it is only short term, eventually, power needs to be handed back where it belongs, in the hands of the people. And unfortunately, democracy has not been around long enough in Pakistan for it to mature, and for the people and their rulers to learn how to govern their nation.

This is the biggest problem plaguing Pakistan, long term political chaos.

Demo Crazy cannot work for Pakistan. The 6.4 years of on going demo crazy has proved it again. Compare these years of demo crazy with Musharraf era & you will find out that from Rupee value to economic growth to law & order everything was 1000 times better in Musharraf era.

6.4 years is nothing. If Pakistan turns back now, all will be lost.
We wont be the nation we are meant to be for at least another generation.

Military rule was not Quaid's vision of Pakistan.

Yeah I know him.He used an id named Pakistani Exile before (or have been using both). I recognize one from his/her posts.

They're two different people, take my word for it.

We Pakistani are waiting for 6 years that democracy will perform but those looters cant be changed. this is 3rd time of nawaz sharing to becoming premier. but I am sure he wont do anything in welfare of people. They are just a gang of looters.

The idea of democracy is not for the looters to change, the idea is for the people to change. Stop blaming democracy when you (we) the people are bringing them in to power.

Democracy is not a magic pill that works instantly, it takes time above all.

Last edited:
thts why i was amazed. its only recently that Nawaz sharif was elected with clear majority. give him some time.

Problem with Nawaz Sharif is he does politics like a Tom, dick and harry. He hasn't learned anything from his 14 years of Bewilderness. The way he uses power make a lot of establishment circles unhappy.

This guy will never learn from his past. It is like he is bound to make same mistakes over and over again.

My guess is that Pakistanis are quite impatient people in general. They need a govt with magic powers. In India if a govt is not performing most of us root for the opposition in the next election. In Pakistan they root for 111 brigade to take over and blame democracy.

Agree with you,
Heh wrong, half of my family belongs to armed forces yet I want fair democracy instead of dictatorship so please don't blame every person who belong and is related to armed forces. nawaz sharif can't make Pakistan heavens not in a million years hell he couldn't turn punjab in paris what to talk of heavens/paradise with 6 times rule in Punjab and 3rd timers federally, so definitely all the bad mouthing is due and right.

PS. this nawaz that some people worship has multiple huge malls in saudi arabia, turkey, UK, europe, dubai yet he can't open cheap nawaz utility stores in Pakistan for common Pakistanis such as dollar store. Change is not roads, bringing taxis or stupid metro bus service...change is that poor people have food to eat, education schools/colleges, technical training schools, free medicine and treatment, low cost dwellings, clean water and alot of other things which mr. sharif is ignoring.

Nawaz hasn't learned anything from the past. He has proved it that man can't be changed. Anyhow, even right now he has start boiling establishment, judiciary and army.

Not all dislikes. Check the voting turnout in last general elections. This is a defence forum, so hate against politician is obvious
sorry for your knowledge about pakistan, electoral process ?
its was all started with the illigal formation of election commision, after that it was fake voting, so the planted structure came out, to bring back the most crouptest with fake votes.
plz, dont throw white towels , even the match hasnt started yet?

I disagree with negotiating with the TTP terrorists, but may be NS is trying to buy some breathing space to get the economy back on track? Just my guess.
breathing space to bring economy back, then again terrorists may destroy & demand more, i mean its a brutal joke, for murdered 60,000 innocent pakistanis?

Demo Crazy cannot work for Pakistan. The 6.4 years of on going demo crazy has proved it again. Compare these years of demo crazy with Musharraf era & you will find out that from Rupee value to economic growth to law & order everything was 1000 times better in Musharraf era.

But you have to see larger pic as well. The era of Musharraf coincides with world wide economic rise ( pre-global slowdown times) so the economic condition of pakistan was just following global patterns. Law and Order is obviously local phenomenon and depends on leader. Army Rule as some poster pointed out is good for short term benefits but its not a solution you have to give democracy a chance.

But you have to see larger pic as well. The era of Musharraf coincides with world wide economic rise ( pre-global slowdown times) so the economic condition of pakistan was just following global patterns. Law and Order is obviously local phenomenon and depends on leader. Army Rule as some poster pointed out is good for short term benefits but its not a solution you have to give democracy a chance.
At least 15 killed, 30 injured in Islamabad blast
DAWN.COM
5344ccbe99920.jpg

Locals and law enforcement gathered at the Sabzi Mandi blast site - Photo by Irfan Haider
Updated 2014-04-09 09:31:16
3 Comment(s)
Print
ISLAMABAD: At least 15 people were killed and dozens injured, some critically, on Wednesday when an explosion occurred behind the Metro Shopping center in the Sabzi Mandi area of the capital city, DawnNews reported.

Police and rescue teams rushed to the site of the incident after the explosion occurred.

Initial reports suggest that the explosive material was planted inside a box containing fruits.

Police initiated a search operation and cordoned off the area.

Police personnel claimed that the incident appeared to be an act of terrorism.

Police also arrested a 'suspicious' person from the location of the blast.

5344cca73926f.jpg

Locals and law enforcement gathered at the Sabzi Mandi blast site - Photo by Irfan Haider
This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.

thnks damocrazy?

sorry for your knowledge about pakistan, electoral process ?
its was all started with the illigal formation of election commision, after that it was fake voting, so the planted structure came out, to bring back the most crouptest with fake votes.
plz, dont throw white towels , even the match hasnt started yet?
Atleast all my family, neighbor, colleagues and frnds voted. Dont know abt others

At least 15 killed, 30 injured in Islamabad blast
DAWN.COM
5344ccbe99920.jpg

Updated 2014-04-09 09:31:16
3 Comment(s)
Print
ISLAMABAD: At least 15 people were killed and dozens injured, some critically, on Wednesday when an explosion occurred behind the Metro Shopping center in the Sabzi Mandi area of the capital city, DawnNews reported.

Police and rescue teams rushed to the site of the incident after the explosion occurred.

Initial reports suggest that the explosive material was planted inside a box containing fruits.

Police initiated a search operation and cordoned off the area.

Police personnel claimed that the incident appeared to be an act of terrorism.

Police also arrested a 'suspicious' person from the location of the blast.

5344cca73926f.jpg

This is a developing story and will be updated accordingly.

thnks damocrazy?
What has this got to do with nawaz sharif?

a serious question .. do average Pakistani really dislike Democracy or is it because of ZArdari and Nawaz types !

Nowadays majority dont like this fake democracy bcoz majority voted for PTI but shockingly PML(N) came into power. Lol.

How much more chances does democracy need? Honestly 5 years r more than enough for a government to change a country's destiny but PPPP failed. And now PML(N) r following even the worst path than them. The election commission was controversial of the election 2013. Honestly looking at the current situation i wud want stability of Pakistan first and accountability. The way this current government is moving on is not good to see. Pakistan isnt in a position to wait for the next election and let this incompetent government to complete its 5 years. So here the Supreme Court has to dismiss this government as it has failed to protect the citizens of its country and hence violated the constitution. And bring in technocrats setup to stabilize the country first. And then go for the new election. If the Supreme Court wont do it then who will?

Back
Top Bottom