What's new

Nawaz Sharif: If Pakistan is to prosper, we must stop bashing India

Mate, I get it.. I know exactly where you're coming from, however, you give too much credit to NS by comparing him to some of your seasoned politicians or by assuming that logic and/or courage drives his decision making or what he utters... the guy is a complete imbecile puppet, whose strings are moved from far away lands....... his cumulative thought(s) before making a statement are:

If I make this statement:

1. Will I **** the armed forces?

If yes.....

a) Are they capable of hanging me?

If not-----> i) Do it.

That's about it........

This is over simplification. PA won't be allowed to run the foreign policy of this country. They can give their input but the decision making power rests with elected individuals.

Look at India. Far more diverse, far worse problems and even more corruption in political circles. Gandhi, India Gandhi and Rajeev were murdered while holding the top positions. Maoist and other half a dozen separatist/ semi-separatist movements but still Army didn't commit a coup. The biggest failure of Pakistan has been that it failed to reign in the Army who have wrecked havoc with the whole system of governance. These are simply excuses. More then 65 bloody years of independence and we still don't know what to make of this country and PA is to blame for it not the politicians.

No elected govt will go anywhere. PMLN has the legal right to govern for five years and thats exactly what they will do. Slogans of 'IF Pakistan' and 'IF Islam' won't work. Army has a job to do and that job is done from barracks not from PM house.

PMLN should name it noora dynesty because it a family property
army has a job to serve people so when they overthrow the likes of nooras they are serving the people and the legal right can go to hell if that legal right give them the authority to serve themselfs

"Over simplification" was my point precisely..... you give too much credit to the man..... he has nothing to lose.... and scores to settle..... do you think he came back to power to 'serve the country'?

Btw, Army needs someone with steel balls to deal with... they are a monster of our making, it needs to be neutered for sure, but do you think NS or SS can deliver that? I highly doubt it. It will require efforts of ginormous scale to defang them, lots of blood will need to be shed through a revolution where the place of institutions will need to be refactored.... we as a nation aren't ready for that.... not yet........

This is over simplification. PA won't be allowed to run the foreign policy of this country. They can give their input but the decision making power rests with elected individuals.

PMLN should name it noora dynesty because it a family property
army has a job to serve people so when they overthrow the likes of nooras they are serving the people and the legal right can go to hell if that legal right give them the authority to serve themselfs

Gandhi is also a dynasty when will Indian Army stab their own country in the back and commit a coup? Kennedys are also a dynasty so is the bush clan.

Nawaz Sharif appears to be the only rational and mature politician in South Asia .

I wish him good health and let pakistan be ruled by him for a 100 years ........ :D

Nawaz Sharif appears to be the only rational and mature politician in South Asia .

I wish him good health and let pakistan be ruled by him for a 100 years ........ :D

:D He will need a lot of Somras for that. :D

All politicians have their reasons whether they want to go down in history, win a peace prize....anything...there is always a reason. However let me tell you coming from a country with a slightly longer history of electoral politics, the thinking that drives a politician most is self-preservation. Most politicians will go with the flow, not against it, especially when the weight of the opinion of their electorate is in a completely different direction. We have plenty of politicians who all want something but if it actually came up against going against the opinion of the electorate, they would quickly change their tune. I have little respect for those Indian politicians of whatever party who indulge in cheap politicking on this (Indo-Pak) issue. There is a military response that is being played out & politicians need to get behind that but must limit their own talking as much as possible. Competitive bluster gets us nowhere. It is in this context that I appreciate NS's statement. Whatever his reasons, he is going against an immediate opinion. That takes courage. It goes against the strongest instinct of a politician - that of self preservation.

Very rightly pointed out. You will find such attitude where electoral college is involved in administrative and governance activities. They would sell anything to achieve their own vested interests. Countries where elected representatives are restricted to legislative work and watch dog job on government are much better off. Their think tanks define their policies and is then forwarded to government for implementation. In such countries governments come and go but there is no major shift in policy. Their executives are given thoroughly researched and worded speeches, which commensurate with their policies. Holders of public office avoid giving statements on media, which would directly effect enforced policies.

The more unprepared politicians speak to media, more will be the chaos. Dont have to go far just see India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan.

Gandhi is also a dynasty when will Indian Army stab their own country in the back and commit a coup? Kennedys are also a dynasty so is the bush clan.

they know what there national interests are look at what indra did same goes for bush and kennedys

but all politicians except from a few are self serving biggots if our army becomes like indian one then that day is not long when we will see noora declearing himself the king of pakistan

India basing would bring more competition in every sector, and the ultimate progress.

If today India sends a rocket, tomorrow Pk will send another.

@ Nawaz sarif

The main internal barriers to progress are Talibans and their ilk.

they know what there national interests are look at what indra did same goes for bush and kennedys

but all politicians except from a few are self serving biggots if our army becomes like indian one then that day is not long when we will see noora declearing himself the king of pakistan

Have you even read the comments of Indian members here about Congress? Like I said lame excuses for justifying the conduct of PA. They absolutely have no business in politics. Now you have made Gandhis into guardians of national interests whats next?
And now your problem is not with 'Dynasty' politics but about 'national interest'. Nation elects the party they want but the nation itself doesn't know about its own interest. Yeah right.

IA never interfere in politics and does not conduct coup .

Even then I do not see any politician in India claiming to be king of India .

Now I know why our old as hell politicians never retire :D

Have you ever heard of any politician retiring ??? They never will .

As the saying goes , power is poison . But they just likes it .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom