What's new

Natural resources of Pakistan

Most of Tethyan copper belt worth with mother load of tens of trillions of dollars goes through Pakistan and only 20% of which has yet been discovered in Pakistan: Pak1stanFirst-World

mineral_map.gif

Official estimates for only some of the metallic and non-metallic mines in just one province of Pakistan; I cant believe we are this rich, just keep in mind that each tonne of pure copper sells for over 10,000 dollars in international market: www.balochistan.gov.pk - Objective & Functions

selling is not the point here, its what u can actually do with it..

think about how many pipes can be made from copper..
how many things can be made from iron/steel..
how many ways heat from coal can be used...

btw copper is at around USD7000/ton

selling is not the point here, its what u can actually do with it..

think about how many pipes can be made from copper..
how many things can be made from iron/steel..
how many ways heat from coal can be used...

btw copper is at around USD7000/ton

Yeah, that is called value added production. Just like oil. You can sell it as crude or you can refine it and produce all sorts of products from it from car tires to plastics to fuels and machine oils

Copper hit 10,190 dollars a tonne in February and has historically been above 8,500 dollars. It just came down to 7000 dollars in this september because of economic slow down but will certainly go up again once world economy picks up as copper has always become more expensive over long term period.

Do not forget . one the most potent natural resource in pakistan is its Human resource... very intelligent and brave pool of people !!!

Do not forget . one the most potent natural resource in pakistan is its Human resource... very intelligent and brave pool of people !!!

That is right. But Pakistan is already exporting engineers, doctors and scientists and skilled labour to all over the world. But it is now time to open up the lid over our mines and make them work here.

---------- Post added at 01:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

Does it even matter? ...

They r good buisnessmen.

Oh, my God. I am sure this business of theirs is very good for THEM. But what about us?

What we need is a round of sanctions just like the ones put on Pakistan after nuclear tests. Only then Pakistan will be able to stand on its own feet. Maybe we should develop an ICBM and test fire it and take on the inevitable sanctions.

Official estimates for only some of the metallic and non-metallic mines in just one province of Pakistan; I cant believe we are this rich, just keep in mind that each tonne of pure copper sells for over 10,000 dollars in international market: www.balochistan.gov.pk - Objective & Functions

More premature congratulations! Well done! :D

Pakistan is rich in some aspects, but it will take a lot of sustained effort to realize any of this mineral wealth.

Let's see now:

Copper is 10,000 dollars per ton. According to these official (hypothetical) reserves of 400 billion tons should be worth (4*10E9)*(1*10E4) = 4*10E15 = 4,000 trillion dollars

Pakistan's population = 180 million, so every person's share = 40*10E15/1.8*10E11 = 22.2*10E4 = 22 million 222 thousand dollars.

So every Pakistani owns at least 22 million dollars worth of copper.

Add in all the other wealth, and no Pakistani should ever have to work ever again for hundreds of generations.

:rofl:

And the cost of extracting and refining and transporting -- and wait the biggest cost of all - the cost of doing bijnis in Pakistan, by the time you get done paying off all the rent collectors, the Pakistani people should have CONSIDERABLY less

And the cost of extracting and refining and transporting -- and wait the biggest cost of all - the cost of doing bijnis in Pakistan, by the time you get done paying off all the rent collectors, the Pakistani people should have CONSIDERABLY less

Yes, but all the coal, gold and gemstones will pay for all that easily! :D

(I think I should book a flight back immediately to claim my millions right now! :P )

You can think that these report are not true but I think you are mistaken in that "belief" -- the problem is not the "non-existence" of these minerals, it is the rent collectors and the rent collector ideology and infrastructure - and they exist at every level, in every facet - and that can only exist because the state itself is a rent collector, instead of a facilitator and regulator.

VCheng , josh mat dilao kahin sub kuch chor ker pakistan na a jaon

and then will be left with 18 plus hours of loadshedding

TARIQ

You can think that these report are not true but I think you are mistaken in that "belief" -- the problem is not the "non-existence" of these minerals, it is the rent collectors and the rent collector ideology and infrastructure - and they exist at every level, in every facet - and that can only exist because the state itself is a rent collector, instead of a facilitator and regulator.

I go back to my original and solemn statement:

The mineral reserves Pakistan has are not as rich as some would believe, and even those that are commercially exploitable, are beyond Pakistan's capabilties to develop for the foreseeable future.

Further, trumpeting tales of such fabulous wealth buried underground merely deepens the nations' delusional state to its own detriment.

VCheng , josh mat dilao kahin sub kuch chor ker pakistan na a jaon

and then will be left with 18 plus hours of loadshedding

TARIQ

Yaar, mein to khud suhaaney khwaab dekh raha hoon, Allah karey 22 million na sahi, do chaar million hee mil jaaen! :P

Back
Top Bottom