What's new

Natural resources of Pakistan

Sandak is still there n i have visit it... heck i even hav rocks with the gold grains or smthin... il post the pic tommorow.... its the fault of our shitt* leadrship.

Hey, brother, sure do that please. Also I heard from a university professor of mining that it is in the hand of Chinese completely, is it true?

The scientist you are quoting is an expert in nuclear physics; that expertise does not make him a geologist, does it?

I am well aware of his work in DTD and NESCOM.

I dont wish to discuss with you anymore. But as a goodbye note I must say it is normal for great scientists to do different stuff. This is beyond your pea sized brain but Richard Feynman who was a theoretical nuclear physicist part of the same group who had made the first US atom bombs actually had been hired by NASA to do crash investigations and aeronautical analysis. So Dr. Samand who was actually doing Uranium mining projects before can sure do coal and copper projects too.

I dont wish to discuss with you anymore. But as a goodbye note I must say it is normal for great scientists to do different stuff. This is beyond your pea sized brain but Richard Feynman who was a theoretical nuclear physicist part of the same group who had made the first US atom bombs actually had been hired by NASA to do crash investigations and aeronautical analysis. So Dr. Samand who was actually doing Uranium mining projects before can sure do coal and copper projects too.

Yes, I know. And what I am telling you is still correct. Dr. Mubarak Mand's claims about the Thar coal fields and their productivity are simply unrealistic, no matter how great of a scientist he was during the atomic bomb project.

As when i was in OGDCL, there senior officers told me that only 25% of whole Pakistan, exploration have been done. and due to security reasons in Baluchistan mostly GAS wells are closed.

As when i was in OGDCL, there senior officers told me that only 25% of whole Pakistan, exploration have been done. and due to security reasons in Baluchistan mostly GAS wells are closed.

Case in point: What has OGDCL actually delivered in terms of exploitable resources after their initial successes?

Case in point: What has OGDCL actually delivered in terms of exploitable resources after their initial successes?

If we can clean the Corruption in OGDCL, it can run whole Pakistan, as it is the biggest E&P petroleum company of pakistan with annual revenue of 40billion.

Yes, that is unfortunately the case. Most of Pakistan still remains not surveyed. But even those areas which have been surveyed and presence of mines established, no work has been done whatsoever. The sad thing is that even the international mining data does not know the extent of Pakistan's resources. Mining industry is one of the most profitable in the world. Fore every dollar spent on mines more than 100 dollars can be recovered. No business or industry can make the investment grow by 100 times. If we start tapping this wealth, all Pakistan's problems will disappear.

If we can clean the Corruption in OGDCL, it can run whole Pakistan, as it is the biggest E&P petroleum company of pakistan with annual revenue of 40billion.

That is exactly why I said that the exploitation of the many resources that Pakistan does indeed have, no matter how large (or not) they may be, is beyond the governance and technical and financial expertise available in Pakistan at the moment, and will likely remain so for the foreseeable future.

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

................. If we start tapping this wealth, all Pakistan's problems will disappear.

Well, what are you waiting for? Start tapping! :D

Yes, that is unfortunately the case. Most of Pakistan still remains not surveyed. But even those areas which have been surveyed and presence of mines established, no work has been done whatsoever. The sad thing is that even the international mining data does not know the extent of Pakistan's resources. Mining industry is one of the most profitable in the world. Fore every dollar spent on mines more than 100 dollars can be recovered. No business or industry can make the investment grow by 100 times. If we start tapping this wealth, all Pakistan's problems will disappear.

even by initial start of more expolartion and production we can get more than hundred time of our expenditures but for this we must should first think about our country and should say bye to Corruption and AID, when AID will cut then we will think about our reforms

Pakistan is blessed with vast land, natural gas reserves, petroleum, extensive coal, iron ore, copper, salt, limestone and gold besides other natural resources, many of them hitherto undiscovered. In fact, according to one survey, Pakistan has the second largest salt mine, second largest coal reservoirs, fifth largest gold mines, seventh largest copper mines, the country is the 11th largest wheat producer, 12th largest rice producer and seventh country of the world with nuclear power.

Two of Pakistan’s major natural resources are at Reko Diq and Thar. Reko Diq is a giant copper and gold project in Chagai district, Balochistan, in a desert area 70 kilometres northwest of Naukundi. Reko Diq is close to Pakistan’s border with Iran and Afghanistan.

According to experts, Reko Diq has proven gold and copper reserves worth US$260 billion and estimated gold and copper reserves worth US$3 trillion. Mineweb.com has stated that Reqo Diq “is believed to be one of the world’s largest reserves of gold and copper.... Reko Diq is believed to contain 12.3 million tonnes of copper and 20.9 million ounces of gold in inferred and indicated resources. Some surveys have suggested that Reko Diq may contain as much as 11 billion pounds of copper and nine million ounces of gold.”

Meanwhile, some experts believe that Reqo Diq also contains rare earth elements. These elements, which are even more precious and in much greater and growing demand than gold, are used in latest high-tech equipment and batteries for all electric cars, etc. It is China that controls 95% of the world’s supply of rare elements.

Thar coal is also a major blessing for the country. According to experts, there is 175 billion tonnes of coal available in Thar, which is equal to 618 billion barrels of crude oil. These experts say Thar coal deposits extend across the border and are currently being mined for power generation in Rajistan state in India. While they were discovered in 1991, for some time, the deposits were ignored as they had low calorific value. On the other hand, Thar Coal is environmentally friendly with a low Sulfur content. Things have now changed. The four ongoing projects of coal-fired power plants in Tharparkar would produce 2,300 megawatts over a period of four to five years. Four companies are executing the coal projects with a total cost of $4.7 billion.

Many of the natural resources of Pakistan have not been discovered due to various limitations. Some figures reveal that natural resources exploration is probably only 20-30 percent of actual deposit estimates. There is a need to develop a sound strategy to explore and utilize the resources. What we have should be used with great care.

Unearthing Pakistan

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 AM ----------

even by initial start of more expolartion and production we can get more than hundred time of our expenditures but for this we must should first think about our country and should say bye to Corruption and AID, when AID will cut then we will think about our reforms

That is the main thing. Corrupt leaders and foreign aid.

Waziristan has as much gold and copper reserves as Baluchistan. Is this not a surprise that where ever the reserves are located foreign forces are creating trouble to keep Pakistan away from those wealth and suffocate Pakistan financially: Huge copper, gold reserves in N Waziristan: Samar | Pakistan | News | Newspaper | Daily | English | Online

Actually, it is all a big conspiracy.

Pakistan has more oil than Saudi Arabia, more gas than Qatar, more coal than USA, more gold than South Africa, and more copper than Chile, all worth more than 'leventeen billion gazillion dollars.

There, happy now? :P

(Just that nobody know what to do with all this wealth! :rofl: )

Back
Top Bottom