What's new

Nations that were never conquered, occupied, governed by foreign powers

the Roman ruled the Island of "Britain"...but at that time the people who would be known as "English" lived in Jutland and northern Germany. Kind of like the Hittites lived in Anatolia....but did not rule Turks....because the Turks had not arrived yet....follow?

ohh ok so the english didnt live there at the time. Ahh thats why they say english people are germanic ..

Romans already left Britain when Anglo-Saxons came.
Yes...the Legions had been recalled....but citizens remained...both Romanised Britons and others from around the Empire....the remnants are the Welsh...

you have no idea of what your talking about and im even replying to you. First of all as a result of the Ottoman empire and Turks marrying greeks,bosnians,ukranians,albanians,north africans or whatever all the other people from all those centuries of living together there for sure was a mix which was created. This is the case for other countries too in which had interactions with Turks. You can find dark skinned , light skinned , blue eyed , green eyed , brown eyed, central asian turk looking, or many other types in Turkey. Even in the same family there is people that look very different , in many of my families there is a blonde one and a darker skinned one that looks no way alike so what do we call this?

Second whose langauge group did we adopt? I think you are confused. Look at many albanian names , bosnian , greek surnames you will find turkish infuence. Many eastern europeon food is exact same as turkish with the same name..

They invaded, established/set up base in Anatolia. And mixed with the locals, great. Just like every other invading force that set up base on the conquered land.

But majority of the Turkish people do not have anything to do with the original invaders. Their ancestors were there before Anatolia was Turkified.

Most Turkish people look like their neighbors, more than they do with Mongoloids in Central Asia and Mongolia. (invaders) Because they have been in Anatolia for many, many years, much before the original Turks invaded.

I dont think Russia was ever occupied or colonized by anyone. The Nazis did but since it was war all the time until they were driven out, it cant be called occupation. I dont know. May be some expert on Russian history here.
Almost all Russian principalities were conquered by the Mongols in the 13th century. Exept the most Northern ones. Russia paid tribute to the Mongols for 200 years (Although principalities were still ruled by princes of Russian blood, and not the Mongols). Poland in the 15th century occupied the South-West Russia (Ukraine and Belarus) - we were able to return it fully only in the late 18th century.

They invaded, established/set up base in Anatolia. And mixed with the locals, great. Just like every other invading force that set up base on the conquered land.

But majority of the Turkish people do not have anything to do with the original invaders. Their ancestors were there before Anatolia was Turkified.

Most Turkish people look like their neighbors, more than they do with Mongoloids in Central Asia and Mongolia. (invaders) Because they have been in Anatolia for many, many years, much before the original Turks invaded.

So you still carry on the same things like a parrot. Oghuz Turks look slightly different from other turks anyway. However you say we dont look like that while i have many friends that looks like they are central asian.

So if Chinese invaded and ruled africa or lets say eastern europe for 6 centuries they will ALL look the same as before?

i dont want to carry on with this your points are all wrong because of the anger of what mongols did is still in your head.

If you mean invaded , yes we have been invaded in WW1. There is not one country that hasnt been invaded, but that is part of war. If the question is being conquered or ruled, what neptune said is right. After we was invaded in WW1 and there was british/french from one side, greeks from aegen , russians from one side, italians from another, yet we still had a country and we was not under foreign rule if we accepted what they wanted to push on us we would have a country half of what is now but we will still have had our own government under our own rule. What Ataturk did was not accept the treaty of sevres and build an army in a very short amount of time and slowly recapture the land and enforce or created the new treaty of lausanne which is the currenty treaty showing the borders of Turkiye.

True but they did conquer the Ottomans and all their leadership remember you guys had a war of independence implying you were conquered no matter how short the time was.

Turkey, Iran, China & Japan & maybe Russia

The chinese and Russians were both conquered by mongols.

True but they did conquer the Ottomans and all their leadership remember you guys had a war of independence implying you were conquered no matter how short the time was.

The chinese and Russians were both conquered by mongols.

We never had a war of independence , we had a war of liberation. In turkish its called Kurtulus savasi which was to liberate all the land that was in enemy control. I never said we wasnt invaded, thats a different thing but even after we was invaded we had our own country although it was much smaller they tried to enforce us with the treaty of sevres. Also your mixing up that at that time there was like a revolution type thing and the ottoman government was not in power.

So being ruled and being invaded is a different thing. Ruled is when another nation takes over your country and you are in their control, you dont have a country, an army you are part of them.

Constantinople fell to the allies in WW1.

Partially invaded yes, conquered never....

----------------------------------

Most of the guys here are confusing country with nation.... ı want to remind you all, topic of the thread is "nations that were never conquered occupied governed by foreign powers"

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we should add PAKISTAN in the list too, before 14th Aug 1947 there was no country with this name when the whole region was under britsh rule... after 14th Aug 1947 no country ever ruled Pakistan or conquered Pakistan.....

Yes...the Legions had been recalled....but citizens remained...both Romanised Britons and others from around the Empire....the remnants are the Welsh...

English too must be having ancestry from earlier Celtic inhabitants of England.

Partially invaded yes, conquered never....

----------------------------------

Most of the guys here are confusing country with nation.... ı want to remind you all, topic of the thread is "nations that were never conquered occupied governed by foreign powers"

Okay so we talking Turkic nation as in all Turks or the nation of Turkey because half are talking bout either or lol.

English too must be having ancestry from earlier Celtic inhabitants of England.

You mean the language ? The language spoken in England was always English except it later became Romanized. Us english speakers of today would not even be able to understand most of middle English. The celtics have their own language but idr what it is called something with a g, I think.

You mean the language ? The language spoken in England was always English except it later became Romanized. Us english speakers of today would not even be able to understand most of middle English. The celtics have their own language but idr what it is called something with a g, I think.

I meant ancestry, before Anglo-Saxons arrived Celts lived in England.

Back
Top Bottom