What's new

Nations that were never conquered, occupied, governed by foreign powers

Not real familiar with European history I see....why did William come? Chinese would be foreign, Indian...heck...even Greek or Italian. The main difference was that branch of Northmen took up French. As far as giving your buddies all the good fiefs...kinda how it went in Europe at the time.

Again...read Beowulf, or even Gregory of Tours history of the Franks.

Japan is occupied even today.....

I'd agree with that. Korea..eh..most
You will have to forgive Peter C....he doesn't grasp the "conquered and ruled" part. By his thinking, Germany conquered and rule Britian because they burned London in the Blitz.

I never mentioned being conquered and ruled.
I said our capital city had been occupied.

And by that i mean a foreign military was standing in our capital unopposed. The general of that army was standing in the President's office and in Congress with his feet up on desks. The government was forced out of state. That occupying army decided they would start burning down every government building they could find.

I don't believe they were kicked out of Washington either. They simply left because they pretty much did everything you could do.

The Germans didn't have any soldiers standing in London unopposed. They didn't have their feet up in the chair of the Prime Ministers office.

The capital city of the USA was occupied.

Not real familiar with European history I see....why did William come? Chinese would be foreign, Indian...heck...even Greek or Italian. The main difference was that branch of Northmen took up French. As far as giving your buddies all the good fiefs...kinda how it went in Europe at the time.

Again...read Beowulf, or even Gregory of Tours history of the Franks.

I take it that your understanding of History is limited to Beowulf. :wave:

I'd agree with that. Korea..eh..most.

Oops got cut off.
I was going to say that while Korea has a bunch of US troops too I wouldn't call it the same situation as Japan. Korea could ask those troops on day one to leave. Not quite that simple for Japan. But on the other hand technically there was already a pullout date and if Japan wanted us to leave tomorrow we of course would have to.

What about black people from Africa? Have they ever came close to conquering and ruling a country or an area?

By the looks of it, they seem to be the most useless/lazy race/behind or am I wrong.

& can this change in the future...? predictions

@informed members!

I thought you were a Tamilian .

yeah but kanyakumari was the seat of the maharaja in the padmanabapuram palace and we are closer to thoruvananthapuram than madurai,so u think 66 years is going to change our culture and language?

we have many kurups/menons/nambiars in kanyakumari also.

PS: I still fly to Madras and try not to get out of the Airport and take another flight to Trivandrum and drive home to Kanyakumari.

:)

No...we were brits....we didn't become USA til after we severed the ties. In the US....it was brits ruling brits....in india it was brits ruling Indians...

Read Churchill sometime....the US revolution was a civil war.

And read our constitution....it's in English
so there were no Germans or any other Europeans in today what is USA ? only brits ? :o:

yeah but kanyakumari was the seat of the maharaja in the padmanabapuram palace and we are closer to thoruvananthapuram than madurai,so u think 66 years is going to change our culture and language?

we have many kurups/menons/nambiars in kanyakumari also.

PS: I still fly to Madras and try not to get out of the Airport and take another flight to Trivandrum and drive home to Kanyakumari.

:)

Yeah , I guessed you were from that kanyakumari region .

Some mallus like us still thinks that those regions part of Travancore given to TN should have been part of Kerala .

Constantinople fell to the allies in WW1.

If you mean invaded , yes we have been invaded in WW1. There is not one country that hasnt been invaded, but that is part of war. If the question is being conquered or ruled, what neptune said is right. After we was invaded in WW1 and there was british/french from one side, greeks from aegen , russians from one side, italians from another, yet we still had a country and we was not under foreign rule if we accepted what they wanted to push on us we would have a country half of what is now but we will still have had our own government under our own rule. What Ataturk did was not accept the treaty of sevres and build an army in a very short amount of time and slowly recapture the land and enforce or created the new treaty of lausanne which is the currenty treaty showing the borders of Turkiye.

Back
Top Bottom