What's new

Nations that were never conquered, occupied, governed by foreign powers

If you were indeed brits, they you were conquered by Romans, Saxons, Scandinavians and last bot not the least Normans! :)

USA is modern nation state, it didn't witness the highs an lows of civilizations to get conquered yet. It's like saying Republic of India has never been conquered.
My Ancestors where English. Sooo....not conquered by Romans (took the land from the Romans)...were the Anglo-Saxons...and Normans and Danes were cousins (sea-faring Germanics....read Beowulf sometime)

My Ancestors where English. Sooo....not conquered by Romans (took the land from the Romans)...were the Anglo-Saxons...and Normans and Danes were cousins (sea-faring Germanics....read Beowulf sometime)

Cousins are not, Saxons were conquered by French speaking Normans and that counts.

But US never surrendered.
You will have to forgive Peter C....he doesn't grasp the "conquered and ruled" part. By his thinking, Germany conquered and rule Britian because they burned London in the Blitz.

Cousins are not, Saxons were conquered by French speaking Normans and that counts.
You do know the Normans are not French? (even though the Franks were also closely related) Think of the name Norman....do you know what it means and who they were?

It would be like one Hindu king displacing another Hindu king, pre-Raj....get it?

well these things can never be determined as during the course of history every piece of land have be ruled by different parties.
Even i can present an argument that we as the Pakistani Nation have never been ruled by any foreign power as when Brits were here they were ruling the Indian Subcontinent and there were no Pakistanis present at that time. When the Pakistan Nation was formed in 1947 since then no foreign power have ruled us either :P (don't bring in the american influence and that stuff, you know what i am saying)

You will have to forgive Peter C....he doesn't grasp the "conquered and ruled" part. By his thinking, Germany conquered and rule Britian because they burned London in the Blitz.

You do know the Normans are not French? (even though the Franks were also closely related) Think of the name Norman....do you know what it means and who they were?

Yeah I know Norman migrated from Scandinavia. How does that change the fact that they conquered Anglo-Saxon England.

North Indians also were supposed to be migrated from Central Asia according to the most accepted theory, does that count out the fact that North India was conquered by Central Asian invaders during Islamic conquest.

Yeah I know Norman migrated from Scandinavia. How does that change the fact that they conquered Anglo-Saxon England.

North Indians also were supposed to be migrated from Central Asia according to the most accepted theory, does that count out the fact that North India was conquered by Central Asian invaders during Islamic conquest.
Yes. It does. Like I said...it is more like two neighboring branches of the same tribe fighting over the throne. In fact....it was family ties that led the Normans, Anglo-Saxons, and other Germanics to contest the throne. Quite different than having a foreign race take you over.

Yes. It does. Like I said...it is more like two neighboring branches of the same tribe fighting over the throne. In fact....it was family ties that led the Normans, Anglo-Saxons, and other Germanics to contest the throne. Quite different than having a foreign race take you over.

That's simply not true. Normans and Norse are as foreign to England as it gets. There were radical changes in English society and English language as we speak it now. All Saxon elites were replaced by Normans and French became the court language and the language of noble in England. There have multiple resistance and rebellion against Normans, all of which failed even though Normans were numbered less than 8000. :)

You are just trying to gloss over it by calling it family feud. :)

yaar wo kachy khaty hain :cry: i tried once per wo lagta hai jesy fry nhi kiye thy :eek:
May be that is the reason no one ever tried to conquer them :P Ab kachay samosay ka lea kon larta ha :D

Back
Top Bottom