What's new

Nations that were never conquered, occupied, governed by foreign powers

In the age of internet, Look what I found. :laugh:

Xinhua likens Hong Kong's Martin Lee to Chinese traitor - Taipei Times

China's government mouthpiece yesterday compared Hong Kong's leading democracy campaigner Martin Lee (李柱銘) to one of the most notorious traitors in Chinese history.

Are you intellectually impaired? Didn't I just said, "in chinese culture anyone who revolted against his lord is a traitor doesn't matter Ming or Qing."

In the age of internet, Look what I found. :laugh:
This is exactly why I presented you this :omghaha:
PS_0374_WIKIPEDIA.jpg

Are you intellectually impaired? Didn't I say just said,
"In Chinese culture, anyone who revolted against his lord is a traitor, doesn't matter Ming or Qing"

This is exactly why I presented you this :omghaha:
PS_0374_WIKIPEDIA.jpg

Hey genius, that's a Taiwanese newspaper, not Wikipedia. :omghaha::omghaha:

Hey genius, that's a Taiwanese newspaper, not Wikipedia.

Prove my point again, your knowledge is confined to internet: wiki, news, anything but academic source. There's no short cut from proper schooling :omghaha:

Last edited:
Proved my point again, your intellect is confined to internet, news, anything but academic source. There's no short cut from proper schooling :omghaha:

There are google books also but since you are lying, I won't post them. :girl_wacko:

There are google books also but since you are lying, I won't post them. :girl_wacko:

Your brainless concoction of history pieced together from the internet is all documented in your own posts :omghaha:

Have fun with your own asininity. :wave:

The title of the thread is ambiguous. Does it mean land or nation? Because, after each conquest, the land will be legally a new country (in most of the case). Like in the case of India and Pak. These were never conquered as they were created only in 1947.

Mongolia was part of the Chinese empire for a long time. And in the 20th century became independent under the de facto protectorate of the USSR.

yeah, i forgot about manchus. my bad. interesting how manchus, foreigners to china and chinese culture, were assimilated into chinese culture, though they were conquerors not conquered. IMO, the only thing they imposed on chinese was that manchu-style hair.

yeah, i forgot about manchus. my bad. interesting how manchus, foreigners to china and chinese culture, were assimilated into chinese culture, though they were conquerors not conquered. IMO, the only thing they imposed on chinese was that manchu-style hair.
Culture is all about. If less cultured nation captures a more cultural - it dissolves in it.

by sayin Turkey, i didn't only mean the current Republic. Simply the Turks were never conquered by any nation. ;)

The Uyghur Turks must be an exception then. Though for Turkiye there was a brief occupation of Istanbul in WW-II before the War of Liberation, not sure if that disrupts the "not conquered" criteria. Though yes Turkey was not colonized.

Of the modern day countries The United States has never been conquered, nor has Canada.

The Uyghur Turks must be an exception then. Though for Turkiye there was a brief occupation of Istanbul in WW-II before the War of Liberation, not sure if that disrupts the "not conquered" criteria. Though yes Turkey was not colonized.

Of the modern day countries The United States has never been conquered, nor has Canada.

Wasn't Canada part of British and french empire and USA part of many different empires for long time?

PERSIAN EMPIRE (main land iran) was conquered by 2nd MUSLIM KHALIFA HAZRAT UMAR R.A ..

Wasn't Canada part of British and french empire and USA part of many different empires for long time?

No, because Canada and USA were not countries at the time they were colonies of Britain, there was no Canada or USA just British North America, but what I am saying is after these lands became the countries they are they have never been conquered.

Afghanistan comes to mind....

I don't really buy this Afghanistan has been conquered before by Persians, the Ummayad caliphate, Abassid caliphate, Ghaznavid, Medes, and Mongols. To be honest even NATO has conquered Afghanistan they can go anywhere they like in Afghanistan, though that doesn't mean they won't face resistance.

No, because Canada and USA were not countries at the time they were colonies of Britain, there was no Canada or USA just British North America, but what I am saying is after these lands became the countries they are they have never been conquered.

I don't really buy this Afghanistan has been conquered before by Persians, the Ummayad caliphate, Abassid caliphate, Ghaznavid, Medes, and Mongols. To be honest even NATO has conquered Afghanistan they can go anywhere they like in Afghanistan, though that doesn't mean they won't face resistance.

I am guessing ''It was never subdued'' is a more accurate statement, against all the foreign conquests resistance and rebellion has been a constant throughout history.....

Please allow me to ask this question:

Just what is a "country" to be defined as, for purposes of this discussion?

Back
Top Bottom