What's new

Nations that were never conquered, occupied, governed by foreign powers

China fell to Manchus, Manchus then invaded Mongolia and integrated it into Qing Empire. Ming, the successor of Mongol Yuan Dynasty was the last Han Chinese dynasty of China.
This is a huge advantage when the country can turn its conquerors in a part of itself. Integrate them into its cultural and civilizational field.

Japan is most homogenous nation. All other nations are products of conquests.

They were occupied from 1945-1952, but since occupation is very recent it did not affect Japanese nation.
Well, we're not discussing racial purity. We trying to find the answer - which of the nations and states has never been conquered by anyone.
The Japanese had been occupied only 70 years ago. Foreign troops still on the ground in Japan, and the U.S. is 100% rules their foreign policy.
For example, Russia has not been conquered or subdued, since 1480.

There is only 3 nations I believe.

1. Nepal
2. Thailand
3. Bhutan

Although all these 3 nations
Historically Nepal only meant the region in and around Kathmandu which was a part of Mauryan empire. And Nepal was a vassal state under the Gupta empire.
mauryan-empire-map.jpg

Some of Nepal's historical rulers originated in other parts of India. While they did make Nepal their permanent home but the Mughals who came from outside but made India their permanent home are still described as foreign rulers, despite the fact that Mughals after Akbar had partial Indian ancestry.

But I do agree that the word "foreign" is very ambiguous in talking about India and Nepal as the two have formed a coherent and single cultural entity since times immemorial. In fact, up until modern times, Indians and Nepalis hardly treated each others as foreigners.

Ming were the last Han Chinese dynasty of China. Manchus came as invaders from other side of Great Wall. Chinese built Great Wall to segregate themselves from the people whom they considered as barbarians.

The flag of Manchu is that of a Chinese dragon, how foreign? Manchus allied with Han Chinese troops to take Ming throne. Great wall was built against xiongnu
A degree from in Chinese history from Wikipedia doesn't cut it here, proper schooling is required.

Manchus alliance with Han Chinese troops to take the Ming throne. The flag of Manchu is that of a Chinese dragon. Great wall was built against Xiongnu. A Wikipedia degree in chinese history doesn't cut it here, maybe in Indian forum, proper schooling is required. :omghaha::omghaha:

The guy who supported the foreigner Manchus was an opportunist, later he tried to create an independent kingdom of Southern Hans.

The guy who supported the foreigner Manchus was an opportunist, later he tried to create an independent kingdom of Southern Hans.

The fact is Qing dynasty is an alliance of Manchu and Han Chinese. That's why they took throne without a fight. Power struggle is power struggle regardless.

The fact is Qing dynasty is an alliance of Manchu and Han Chinese. That's why they took throne without a fight. Power struggle is power struggle regardless.

You think I don't know, in Chinese culture Wu Sanghui is the synonym of traitor or double traitor who opened the gates of Great Wall for foreigners to conquer China.

Last edited:

Wu Sangui - Chinese Emperors, Ming...

• GENERAL SUMMARY

Date of birth1612
    Country of nationalityChina
    GenderMale
    Date of death02 October 1678
    Place of deathHengyang

• BIOGRAPHY

Wu Sangui was a Ming Chinese general who was instrumental in the succession of rule to the Qing Dynasty in 1644. Considered by most people to be a traitor to both the Ming and the Qing dynasties.

You think I don't know, in Chinese culture Wu Sanghui is the synonym of traitor or double traitor who opened the gates of Great Wall for foreigners to conquer China.

Wu Sangui - Chinese Emperors, Ming...
  • BIOGRAPHY

Wu Sangui was a Ming Chinese general who was instrumental in the succession of rule to the Qing Dynasty in 1644. Considered by most people to be a traitor to both the Ming and the Qing dynasties.

In Chinese culture, anyone who revolted against his lord is a traitor, doesn't matter Ming or Qing.

The flag Qing dynasty is a Chinese dragon.
China_Qing_Dynasty_Flag.png

Your wikipedia degree in chinese history :omghaha::omghaha:
PS_0374_WIKIPEDIA.jpg

In Chinese culture, anyone who revolted against his lord is a traitor, doesn't matter Ming or Qing.

In the age of internet, Look what I found. :laugh:

Xinhua likens Hong Kong's Martin Lee to Chinese traitor - Taipei Times

China's government mouthpiece yesterday compared Hong Kong's leading democracy campaigner Martin Lee (李柱銘) to one of the most notorious traitors in Chinese history.

The invective lodged at Lee indicated Beijing was still fuming over his recent mission to the US to promote democracy in the territory.

The Xinhua news agency said Lee was like Wu Sangui (吳三桂), a Ming Dynasty general who surrendered to the ethnic Manchu minority's armies of the Qing Dynasty, bringing about the demise of the Ming Dynasty which was controlled by the majority Han Chinese.

"What's shameful is Martin Lee relied on foreign forces and willingly became the foreign forces' pawn," said the Xinhua commentary.

"It's not at all excessive that Hong Kong people scolded Martin Lee and his followers as `Wu Sangui' and `traitors' ... He will eventually be cast aside by Hong Kong people," the commentary said.

Wu is considered one of the biggest traitors in Chinese history partly because his surrender was motivated by his desire to rescue his concubine.

The commentary said that by going to the US to testify in a Senate hearing on Hong Kong's political situation, Lee was "degrading himself" by "lying" to foreigners about Hong Kong's situation.

Lee's action "only hampers the development of Hong Kong democracy," the commentary said.

"Hong Kong society will realize that what will make Hong Kong's democratic development not be undertaken smoothly are actually these people who are shouting democratic slogans," it said.

But the under-fire Lee shrugged off the criticism yesterday.

"I didn't lie," he told Hong Kong Cable TV of testimonies he and three other campaigners gave to the US Senate's East Asian and Pacific Affairs sub-committee.

"We told them what the public wants and their concerns about the Chinese government because it rejects Hong Kong people's wishes for democracy," Lee said.

"I went there to give Americans the true picture ... and they [China] are still criticizing me. There is nothing more I can do," he said

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom