What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kabini" core will need serious modification in order to make her high bypass turbofan engine,like replacing multiple stage fan with a single stage unit.
KMGT is producing around 12MW ,four of them might replace marine gasturbines of rajput class destroyers.

What would it take to develop a 20MW variant. After all the KMGT is based on a rather small (relatively speaking) engine as opposed to the LM-2500 and Trent-800 which are based on massive airliner engines. So the KMGT must be smaller and lighter than the LM and Trent counterparts, the tech remains the same though- so what would it take to "upsize" the design so to speak? Would it pose a challenge?

What would it take to develop a 20MW variant. After all the KMGT is based on a rather small (relatively speaking) engine as opposed to the LM-2500 and Trent-800 which are based on massive airliner engines. So the KMGT must be smaller and lighter than the LM and Trent counterparts, the tech remains the same though- so what would it take to "upsize" the design so to speak? Would it pose a challenge?
Definitely,LM-2500+ that powers IAC-1 delivers around 30MW of power.So either GTRE will have to develope high bypass variant of kaveri in order to crack 20MW of power.

Definitely,LM-2500+ that powers IAC-1 delivers around 30MW of power.So either GTRE will have to develope high bypass variant of kaveri in order to crack 20MW of power.

So how difficult will it be to develop a high bypass variant with current trust levels- I was under the impression that the LM-2500 produces more power because its based on the CF6 engine, which is enormous compared to the Kaveri and a real heavy weight. So seriously, how difficult would it be to design a high bypass variant- surely easier than the original low bypass article?

@Neptune replied to you in the senior section in your thread. If you have any confusion regarding religion you know where to find me :cheers:
regards
Emmad

Last edited by a moderator:
@Neptune replied to you in the senior section in your thread. If you have any confusion regarding religion you know where to find me :cheers:
regards
Emmad
Wtf dude !!!

you're talking about religion ??? :undecided:

Last edited by a moderator:
nice signatures;

If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

I'd say he's the lazist man alive, except I'm not sure about that last part...

Last night, I dreamt I ate a huge marshmallow. When I woke up my pillow was gone.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.

What happens when you get scared half to death twice?

nice signatures;

If one synchronised swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

I'd say he's the lazist man alive, except I'm not sure about that last part...

Last night, I dreamt I ate a huge marshmallow. When I woke up my pillow was gone.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.

What happens when you get scared half to death twice?
Are you alright? :undecided:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom