What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not about being part of Pakistan...its about recognizing the sacrifices & achievements of the man who won - Us - freedom !

He gave you the right to make Bangla your official language, not once but multiple times : in so far as it conceded the right of the people of this province to choose Bengali as their official language if they so wished (21st March, 1948 Speech at a public meeting at Dacca - Jinnah, Speeches & Statements 1947-1948 Pages 150 & 158)

At any rate even if one were to accept that he wronged - What of everything else that he did ? We never got the right to have our languages made as the 'State' language either....so what ? Does that wash away everything else that he did for us & fought for our Independence when no one else did ?

Does one incident wash away everything else that he did ? Does one Language Controversy condemns him to be considered as someone who no one in Bangladesh talks about in a positive light ? Perhaps one should discount his following speech too, then :

Speech at the Ceremonial Army Parade at
Kurmitolla Airport on 20th March 1948

Officers and Men,

I thank you for the honor you have done me in giving me the salute.I shall always remember this opportunity that has been afforded to me

You know that Pakistan had to start from scratch. East Bengal is one of its most powerful components and you have got now an opportunity which you have not had for, may I say, two centuries or more. Bengal generally, in which of course, East Bengal was included where happens to be the largest Muslim population, was considered as negligible in quality and quantity, for military purposes. The martial spirit of Bengal is historically known, and specially the part the Muslims played in the history of the past Bengal. That martial spirit, like many other great qualities was oppressed, suppressed and the martial spirit was dead –with a sort of damper put on –and in Bengal we got to a point when as I said Bengal did not count for military purposes. Now, in free Pakistan which is going to be a great nation, one of the largest in the world, you have under sovereign, independent, free Pakistan, every opportunity to revise your martial spirit and show to the world what –Bengal can do. It is in your hands. I am sure, you realize that yours is the responsibility for the security and the defense of the State, and I am confident, you will not fail but serve it loyally and faithfully, ready to die for its security and defense. I thank you.

Pakistan Zindabad

Are you people so blinded by hatred that you can't even honor that one man who fought for your freedom ?

You are beating a dead horse my brother. These fish eaters will just have to be reconquered in the Ghazwa e Hind. ;)

Sombody has stooped to unimaginably low level!

Don't tell mee ur taking attitude 101 loser :woot: lolol haha
I was just kidding :P how r u?

Nah they don't offer such a course or else you would really be screwed. :lol: I am a gentleman. :azn:
Kidding about what? :unsure: Good nd you?

A tourist walks into a curio shop
and sees a life-like bronze statue
of a rat.
He asks the salesmen, "How
much?"
The salesman replied, "12 bucks
for the rat and 100 bucks for the
story."
The tourist says, "I'll just take the
rat, thanks."
As soon as the tourist leaves the
shop rats started crawling out of
the sewers. There were a
hundred rats, then a thousand,
and then millions.
The tourist was running as fast as
he could. He ran to the end of the
pier and threw the bronze rat as
far out into the lake as he could.
All the other rats jumped after it
and drowned.
The tourist walked back to the
store.
The salesmen says, "Came back for
the story, eh?"
The tourist replies, "No but I was
wondering, do you have a statue
of a Politician?"

@Dillinger i have noticed that majority Indian posters in PDF are quite allergic to Bangladesh!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Secur you're back! :nana:

Kahaan tha yaara?

Had a lot of interesting posts- is Oscar sir in aeronautics by any chance- that is one cornucopia of knowledge.

Get me a Scotch finest :D

Yeah , I was kind of busy + the connectivity went down .

What thread , mate ?

PAF and twin engined fighters.

I asked quite a few people about ADGE and high speed inbound intercepts too..interesting answers and more knowledge.

AND we finally launched our nav-sat! :yahoo:

PAF and twin engined fighters.

I asked quite a few people about ADGE and high speed inbound intercepts too..interesting answers and more knowledge.

AND we finally launched our nav-sat! :yahoo:

Yeah saw that thread , anything interesting ? Didn't seem like it in the first glance .

That is where Oscar came in , I presume ? :D

Congratz !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom