What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Talon Discipline is important and necessary, I agree, but physical violence is not a required component of that process, is it?

Howelse do you discipline? I never said important...I said if needs be it SHOULD be taken instead of apologizing when your kid misbehaves and letting him think it is ok to do so ...you parents will say sorry then everything is fine and you can repeat the mistake!

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing i have learnt is people are so mean...they act good....pretentious.... but when you need them they show their a$$ ....except few :P

@RAMPAGE @Marshmallow @Armstrong @Hyperion @Slav Defence @Tk_90 @Zarvan @Imran Khan @Pboy @liontk @Mani2020 @Mirzay @Jessica_L @M-48 @nuclearpak @truthseer @ANTIBODY @A.Rafay @RazPaK @Aeronaut @Jazzbot @S.U.R.B. @Hermione G @WebMaster @Awesome @Zakii @ButterCup @Argus Panoptes @qamar1990 @BDforever @pk_baloch @LoveIcon @DESERT FIGHTER @Neptune @balixd @ZYXW @arp2041
Let me tell you a story my mumani told me and I loved it :smitten:

It was about this Pakistani writer (I do not remember tiny details but will try my best)

Ashfaq Ahmed nay pata nai likha tha or he was describing his experience....

He was abroad and had gone to meet some friend in some European country. He was talking to the lady of the house in the living room over a cup of tea when suddenly a kid of around 10-12 yrs of age (i honestly forgot what the age was) came jumping about in the living room and did his naughtyness and was rude to the guest. The mother looked apologetically at the guest and said we are taught not to beat or scold our kids as it hinders their development...

The child was rude and disobedient to his mother. The mother excused herself as she wanted to make a phone call to her husband and moved to other other room leaving the guest with the child. The kid came over to the guest, pulled his face by the mustache and slapped him hard. The guest was shocked and didnt know how to react in the meanwhile the mother came back and the kid acted as though nothing happened.

The mother informed that her husband wont be joining them as he is busy and they proceeded with dinner. On the dining table both (another boy of age 7) the children were playing with the food and threw it at the guest. Again the mother apologized and emphasized they do not discipline their children as it hinders their development.

The mother again excused herself and when she left the guest got up and gave a hard smack to each child and gave them a warning + angry stare and went back to his seat as though nothing happened....When the mother returned she saw both boys behaving and the mother said see the children behave themselves after awhile....

The author concluded I have seen how they are going to raise their children ineffectively and I have seen that our formula works better on them in terms of discipline otherwise the formula applied by the west has not yielded any miracles and they are not going to behave ...

This is a summary in my own words at least you get the essence of the story ;)

Whatcha guys think? :pop:

Ashfaq Ahmed narrated this incident (happened to him) in his TV show "Zaawiya". And I agree, kids need to be guided, they cannot grow on their own.. :tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom