What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to hunt here with my sons while my little daughter chases the sheep :ashamed:

( no, i'm unmarried and yeah, i fantasize like a little girl from the 60's :p: )

Haha thats sweet nothing bad in fantasizing :D

I too sometimes don't get an alert ;
solution to this is search your name in search bar and the latest posts where you were quoted or mentioned will appear

Oh okay thanks.

Alphee please dont tease me.:cray:
I asked you arba wa khamsun .
And Khamsa means 5.
You guys dont know arabic???I cant believe it :hitwall:

Nobody here knows arabic don't trust their skills.

But Aamna in India muslim kids are taught basics of arabic in madrasas.So isnt that compulsory in your country?Just curious.

In Madrasas they might i have no idea about that.When i was in school they started with a three year program of teaching it for three years but it was like teaching a person how to write English without even bothering about the basic grammar. So nobody can learn a thing like that and even that was very limited. Later if students opt for Arabic in graduate or post graduate programs i don't know how they tackle it because nobody around me took it. No, Urdu and English are compulsory along with Islamiyat which has Arabic verses from the Quran but with translations, its not Arabic learning its more about learning Islam.

Last edited:
But Aamna in India muslim kids are taught basics of arabic in madrasas.So isnt that compulsory in your country?Just curious.
No it's not compulsory in standard syllabus anymore.
I did got to a madrassa when i was in Kashmir to correct my pronunciation of Arabic for about a year.

In Madrasas they might i have no idea about that.When i was in school they started with a three year program of teaching it for three years but it was like teaching a person how to write English without even bothering about the basic grammar. So nobody can learn a thing like that and even that was very limited. Later if students opt for Arabic in graduate or post graduate programs i don't know how they tackle it because nobody around me took it.
I am surprised.In India its compulsory for the muslims to learn basics of arabic.
And because many Pakistanis around me speak arabic I never thought it would be otherwise in Pak.

No it's not compulsory in standard syllabus anymore.
I did got to a madrassa when i was in Kashmir to correct my pronunciation of Arabic for about a year.
And that one year was definitely wasted as you must have realized by now 8-)

I am surprised.In India its compulsory for the muslims to learn basics of arabic.
And because many Pakistanis around me speak arabic I never thought it would be otherwise in Pak.
Islamiyat is compulsory but like i said it has verses of the Holy Quran and one doesn't have to learn Arabic as a language also it involves history, Islamic history that is. Otherwise why would i be that desperate to learn??:cray:

Islamiyat is compulsory but like i said it has verses of the Holy Quran and one doesn't have to learn Arabic as a language also it involves history, Islamic history that is. Otherwise why would i be that desperate to learn??:cray:

And here I am being trained for arabic....or I might face a pink slip soon.
To me arabic is as good as chinese....:hitwall:

And here I am being trained for arabic....or I might face a pink slip soon.
To me arabic is as good as chinese....:hitwall:

For me the idea to read Quran without needing any translation is so overwhelming can't describe that. I am quite jealous of those who can :p: But i can understand that since you are in UAE so it makes sense though i was unaware of the fact that one has to learn Arabic there.

For me the idea to read Quran without needing any translation is so overwhelming can't describe that. I am quite jealous of those who can :p: But i can understand that since you are in UAE so it makes sense though i was unaware of the fact that one has to learn Arabic there.
Well the GCC countries are undergoing localization. And so yes arabic is kinda compulsory here.
But somehow I still feel UAE gives us expats more freedom.

What difference does it makes if its written in Arabic or English? :unsure:

What difference does it makes if its written in Arabic or English? :unsure:

Because a translation can never be the same as the original text for one, and secondly, because its the original language so to understand better and better one needs to get to know the language.

Because a translation can never be the same as the original text for one, and secondly, because its the original language so to understand better and better one needs to get to know the language.

I read one religious book of ours in school. It was more like a novel ( mahabharata) but you know the original is in Sanskrit and I tried it once and I totally hated it. I could not under stand a bit but with the translated version it was easier to understand and get the message :) Although I can understand if you are really religious you would want to read the original thing.

I read one religious book of ours in school. It was more like a novel ( mahabharata) but you know the original is in Sanskrit and I tried it once and I totally hated it. I could not under stand a bit but with the translated version it was easier to understand and get the message :) Although I can understand if you are really religious you would want to read the original thing.

But there is one more thing i don't think Sanskrit is so widely spoken in todays world. Arabic, on the other hand, is a very widely spoken language and its not much difficult for Urdu speakers to learn it because we have the same alphabets and a lot of Urdu words are loanwords from Arabic. But you're right i am a religious person so thats where my love for learning the language comes from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom