What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
And....... where is the question? :blink:

@Hyperion Everyone is making a joke out of what I said..even @Oscar.

I have this deep and abiding attraction towards Kabul, Chitral, Tajik, Gilgit- the pamirs. Like I said, its this feeling- bone deep- of being called, of having left something there. They keep telling me to pick up AKs and a chador.:angry: You live there, have seen these places (not all) but many- what do you think is the reason. This isn't a recent thing either- its been an ongoing thing for a LONG time.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, because you read too much history. I also feel very connected to Luckhnow/Delhi, maybe because I read too much Ghalib! What else could be the logical explanation? :what:

@Hyperion Et tu, Brute? :angry:

I asked for a serious opinion.

Dude, because you read too much history. I also feel very connected to Luckhnow/Delhi, maybe because I read too much Ghalib! What else could be the logical explanation? :what:

Here is the thing, I didn't know jack about the Pamirs, about Tajik (Afghanistan and FATA and Chitral, yes) but not a pip about the tajiks before I started indulging this urge to go there- perhaps it is so. But you need to know this thing, even with Delhi- I have this odd thing- I can't stay too far from it. I don't even have any particular liking for the people and most definitely no sentimental family thing- its just in Delhi once I get away from the suburbs- its like standing on a beating heart, as if something is pulsing underneath my feet- an inexorable pull, something old- VERY old, which has been there for a very long time- alive and sentient. That's the same way I feel about the places in question.

It runs in the family, my father had to visit Syria often when he was working with Aga Khan- he would cancel his other tours and just stay put there at the expense of his work- which is odd because his work is his life, he's the guy who hasn't seen a movie, hasn't taken a vacation since I can first call up tangible memories, all he has ever done is work. Yet once it comes to that region, Turkey- Syria- Jordan- Lebanon he just can't help himself.

994610_225163017650731_654217641_n.png

****!

@Hyperion

At the moment I am toying with two theories-

1) I am mad. :cheesy:

2) I was a mujahid of tajik stock in my last birth in Af.:taz:
@jaibi what do you think- analyse the above post of mine.

What is it with Bengalis and the lure of Afghanistan man?

Incidentally, it did not end too well for the last bong there .....

What is it with Bengalis and the lure of Afghanistan man?

Incidentally, it did not end too well for the last bong there .....

I am also a Bihari, AND I can always scream at @Hyperion for help if his brethren (Omar) decide to dick with me.:D

Man, at least I could have visited FATA if things were kosher on the VISA front and the govt granting access to the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom