What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very thought of the wars of tomorrow is frightening looking at all this.
@Hyperion

Last edited by a moderator:
@Dillinger

Its called the Gladius.

Gladius-Equipment-in-detail-1024x737.jpg

Yup, its the IdZ evolution. The vest system is a bit odd- one layer of temperature moderating vest, over that a soft armor vest and a plate carrier version. Its a bit weird. The guy displaying it here was a short fellow, ex-Heer. Damn polite fellow, but wouldn't allow us to touch the stuff other than the rifle. An Indian fellow was wearing the kit to display it though.

Yup, its the IdZ evolution. The vest system is a bit odd- one layer of temperature moderating vest, over that a soft armor vest and a plate carrier version. Its a bit weird. The guy displaying it here was a short fellow, ex-Heer. Damn polite fellow, but wouldn't allow us to touch the stuff other than the rifle. An Indian fellow was wearing the kit to display it though.

Did you take pictures?

What sort of costume cooling system, are they offering?

Meri jan, it's not just the EMP they need to worry about... there are other nasty things out there, which will render all such stuff wasted within seconds.

Trust me, the best rifle shall always remain AK47... and best situational awareness asset will be your senses......

Yaara standard Famas rifle hai- modded for the Felin sensors and controls- so the caliber is standard 5.56 only. Khareedne ka pata nahi yaara. :frown:

Bro- if you generated that EMP from nuke the infantry would have OTHER things to worry about. Besides a lot of the systems like the radio and comms are hardened- but the sensors are going to fry.

Did you take pictures?

What sort of costume cooling system, are they offering?

Its a standard vest, with channels for circulating cool or warm water- battery powered and can be plugged into a vehicle power source. No pics bro- we went on the industry and armed forces personnel only day- we had the special passes but not the journo permit for pics and all.

Meri jan, it's not just the EMP they need to worry about... there are other nasty things out there, which will render all such stuff wasted within seconds.

Trust me, the best rifle shall always remain AK47... and best situational awareness asset will be your senses......

Bhai, don't you think that the SOF units [at least] will have to have such a gear? [Operational necessity].

I-e You can go about your business just fine with an MP-5 but for CQBs you'd better pic an FN-P90 for its rounds are more accurate and disintegrate upon impact, reducing the risk of any collateral damage.

Yaara standard Famas rifle hai- modded for the Felin sensors and controls- so the caliber is standard 5.56 only. Khareedne ka pata nahi yaara. :frown:

Bro- if you generated that EMP from nuke the infantry would have OTHER things to worry about. Besides a lot of the systems like the radio and comms are hardened- but the sensors are going to fry.
I dont think anything can be hardened against a nuclear EMP

Integration of such optronics and net-centrics at "rifle" level is a bad bad bad idea, no matter which unit gets to use it.

Bhai, don't you think that the SOF units [at least] will have to have such gear?

I dont think anything can be hardened against a nuclear EMP

EMP has a certain range of strength too you know- how far you are, how sheltered etc. NBC vehicles kaise bantein hain. And a lot of things are EMP hardened- here-

E-4_advanced_airborne_command_post_EMP_sim.jpg

My AK & M4 are both equipped with thermal vision. AK's first magazine is always loaded with APB's. I know what I'm doing... :D

Haan sahib, aur raat ko @Aeronaut ke snipers IR scopes ke saath tumhara bhurta bana denge.:omghaha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom