What's new

Naswaristan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know....I don't like violence....there are peaceful methods and ways of doing things....yes, those ways take time, but eventually things will work out!

There is a big difference between wanting peace and staying quiet and subservience. When I visited pakistan.....EVERYONE i spoke to disliked the Pakistani government to the core....yet those people were quiet and would not go out to the streets to protest it...not because they were cowards or were subservient....but rather because they wanted peace and none of this trouble to deal with...

The fight in kashmir is not that for independence (although I am for it).....but rather it's for self-determination. Doesn't matter whom they choose to be with or what they decide....but it's got to be them CHOOSING...you can't just divide a people across a line and subject them to your laws.... let them choose and let them decide who they want to be with, that's all!

I think it's commendable that those people are still willing to settle for peace and are still quiet even after so much!!

What analogies are you using ?

I explicitly stated that I wasn't talking about the Post-Partition Kashmir; I was referring to the Kashmir under the Mughals, then the Afghans, then the Sikhs & then the Dogras & the British - A time comes when any self-respecting nation learns that there is peace & then that there is peace ! But when a people, subjected to so much, continue BSh*tting themselves & the rest of us talking about 'peace' & 'wanting nothing to do with this', they are in fact, reflecting a greater malaise in their society....something that has become a cornerstone of their identity - That they are a bunch of softies who'd be abused till Kingdom come & would justify their shameless timidity by saying 'We're Peaceful....ever so Peaceful' !

No they aren't - They are a bunch of cowards who never deserved to be called a Nation to begin with & had they an iota of self-respect for themselves they wouldn't have let this happen to them repeatedly for centuries without interruption !

This behavior is to be deplored not applauded as a reflection of some inner strength which it is not ! Any Nation who is anything in the comity of Nations got there by earning the right to call themselves a 'Sovereign Nation' - Not by being spineless servants for generations at a stretch & justifying that by calling themselves peaceful as if all the others who've ever stood up for their rights & sometimes even paid for by their blood so that they posterity can live with dignity as a free people, were a bunch of butchers, murderers & psychos !

P.S Did you miss the many dharnas (sit-ins), the Long March, the scathing attacks on the Government by every column piece, the jalsas - All of that ?

We've got the electoral process to boot Zardari out; if that wasn't the case we'd be out on the streets which pitchforks too but that has no comparison to the timidity of the Kashmiris, after all that has been done to them, for centuries at a stretch; its as if we - the Kashmiris - have some messed up notion of the Stockholm syndrome intrinsically embedded in our collective psyche or we've got some pathological preference to be used & abused over & over & over again without us mustering even a sorry excuse of a response !

@cb4 : Add or Subtract to this, yaraa !

Last edited by a moderator:
What analogies are you using ?

I explicitly stated that I wasn't talking about the Post-Partition Kashmir; I was referring to the Kashmir under the Mughals, then the Afghans, then the Sikhs & then the Dogras & the British - A time comes when any self-respecting nation learns that there is peace & then that there is peace ! But when a people, subjected to so much, continue BSh*tting themselves & the rest of us talking about 'peace' & 'wanting nothing to do with this', they are in fact, reflecting a greater malaise in their society....something that has become a cornerstone of their identity - That they are a bunch of softies who'd be abused till Kingdom come & would justify their shameless timidity by saying 'We're Peaceful....ever so Peaceful' !

No they aren't - They are a bunch of cowards who never deserved to be called a Nation to begin with & had they an iota of self-respect for themselves they wouldn't have let this happen to them repeatedly for centuries without interruption !

This behavior is to be deplored not applauded as a reflection of some inner strength which it is not ! Any Nation who is anything in the comity of Nations got there by earning the right to call themselves a 'Sovereign Nation' - Not by being spineless servants for generations at a stretch & justifying that by calling themselves peaceful as if all the others who've ever stood up for their rights & sometimes even paid for by their blood so that they posterity can live with dignity as a free people, were a bunch of butchers, murderers & psychos !

P.S Did you miss the many dharnas (sit-ins), the Long March, the scathing attacks on the Government by every column piece, the jalsas - All of that ?

We've got the electoral process to boot Zardari out; if that wasn't the case we'd be out on the streets which pitchforks too but that has no comparison to the timidity of the Kashmiris, after all that has been done to them, for centuries at a stretch; its as if we - the Kashmiris - have some messed up notion of the Stockholm syndrome intrinsically embedded in our collective psyche or we've got some pathological preference to be used & abused over & over & over again without us mustering even a sorry excuse of a response !

Again what can the kashmiris do... IOK is a living hell ... the worlds largest prison with the highest civilian to military ratio imposed on them by the govt of india..? They should have revolted massively like the gilgiti people did in 47.

Again what can the kashmiris do... IOK is a living hell ... the worlds largest prison with the highest civilian to military ratio imposed on them by the govt of india..? They should have revolted massively like the gilgiti people did in 47.

Its not just or even primarily about IOK or AJK ! Its about our History going back a few hundred years; when you've been violated a dozen times over then maybe just maybe some amount of self-respect should kick in & you should at least try to do something to earn your right to call ourselves a sovereign nation once more !

Who stopped the Kashmiris from rising up when the Mughals annexed it ?

Who stopped them from rising up when the Afghans did the same ? I was reading up on the Afghan Rule over Kashmir - They used to even tax funeral processions !

Who stopped us from rising up when the Sikhs established themselves ?

And then the Britis & the Dogras ?

Nothing except our own cowardice & absence of any self-respect !

@arp2041 tayra wala haal :rofl: always counting my thanks :P

221671_10151512706224106_1865636284_n.png

@Marshmallow reminded me of you :
581742_10151505348544106_1888592037_n.jpg

@Armstrong this 1 reminds me of you:

6103_10151502333164106_1207388791_n.jpg

feeling bored simple solution take a pistol load it and fire it in your head everything will be at peace kaisa ;) :smokin

which thread are you talking about brother ?

10 countries which hate India

@Armstrong..... so I just read your essay uncle LOLOL :P

Looks like I have misunderstood. I always thought that your anger towards the Kashmiris was because you disliked them for some odd reason....but your writing and expanation made you sound like nothing but a patriot. Yeah, you are mad, and we are often mad when things we care about are wronged...and people we care about put up with that over and over again.....and sometimes people can misinterpret that as hate...but it's passion, patriotism and attachment at it's finest.

You can criticize kashmir as much as you want lolol but now I know that you are doing it out of love for it, not dislike. I don't know why the people there stayed quiet or why even the pakistani people let these corrupt politicians sit in office over and over again.....but everyone is here to contribute. You being a kashmiri, can contribute to what you call a history of cowardice and change it! Be the change you want to see!
Also, if you get a chance, read Curfewed night and you will understand why many are still quiet.
@Aeronaut.....hello :P

How are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom