What's new

Naswaristan

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the '70s during Bhutto's time I suppose; I'm sure Zia ul Haq perpetuated the situation somewhat but by & large Pakistanis favor a ban on the 'open' sale & consumption of Alcohol, even if it isn't strictly enforced.

But the religious minorities are free to drink it & sell it amongst themselves or export it but Muslims, legally, can't ! But of course, like everything else in Pakistan, you could always bribe your way out of it or by knowing someone.

So there are no clubs or pubs there? :frown:

Are you serious, I am not talking about consuming alcoholic beverages in a bar or club or any of those places out there in the open but forexample having a glass of red wine with nicely done venison with Romanian salad. oops, i think i just told you what i had for supper.

images

O la la! J'aime la cuisine français! Ille est très très bien :)

I think it is a good choice though being born in quebecois culture, i consumed alcohol sadly in the early teen years with my meals but I am considerably decreasing it as the workout next day are terrible especially if you have more than a glass of red wine.

Human body wasn't designed to take alcohol. It is bad in every form, except a certain quantity of red wine for women, from a health perspective.

Small question, is alcohol an integral part of pakistan cuisine because I heard it is taboo in middle east.

Pakistan, no.

Also not bringing religion in as everybody will hate me for it, but there is a verse i came across about alcohol having more flaws and less benefits in comparison and once again to folks who drink, i am not judging but referring in context to myself. I am very well aware of the holier than thou folks down here in queb'ec and am definitely not in that crowd.

Wine was prohibited in Islam, after sometime, earlier Muslims used to drink and trade wine.

Alcohol was invented around 1200s by Muslims :P

No, we're the 'Islamic' Republic of Pakistan ! :undecided:

Therefore, no...no open sale or consumption of Alcohol except if you're a Non-Muslim or you do it illegally !

Well if the pakistani people voted on that then I mean it is in there choice but personally we had a mini prohibition of alcoholic beverages down here in the 20s with the church led temperance movement a la father chiniqouis and to be honest the prohibition just decreased the revenue and consumption actually increased. I am not making a general assumption but may be in pakistan's case it works in decreasing consumption.

So there are no clubs or pubs there? :frown:

Clubs - aplenty ! Pubs - Nope ! :undecided:

But we've got more than our share of underground parties & I suppose the thrill of being caught makes them extra fun for the participants ! :D

In the '70s during Bhutto's time I suppose; I'm sure Zia ul Haq perpetuated the situation somewhat but by & large Pakistanis favor a ban on the 'open' sale & consumption of Alcohol, even if it isn't strictly enforced.

But the religious minorities are free to drink it & sell it amongst themselves or export it but Muslims, legally, can't ! But of course, like everything else in Pakistan, you could always bribe your way out of it or by knowing someone.

Its still openly sold in karachi and in various 5 star hotels nationwide..

All the more reasons to make Bharat akhand :rofl:

Umm. no, a significant size of the population which would try and ban open sale of liquor is not on! NOT ON at all, at least I would leave such a Bharat for some other nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom