What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no me speakth Punjabi bus Pujabi log haath jor laytay hain and beg me stop :P

Abay yaar...I am pure Punjaban :D

Just can't speak it well coz have been abroad too long with mixed people...Mostly non desis..
Lmao Talon.

Even your Punjabi is sadly infused with Urdu.

Girl come with me to my land.

Even your lab will not provide you refuge from Punjabi culture.

The difference between you and other Punjabis girls is that although you may be very educated, the girls from the villages could tear you apart IQ-wise.

TRUE, TRUE STORY.

who is monkey and laiqs? I read that as Lakhsmi! :P

Lmao Talon.

Even your Punjabi is sadly infused with Urdu.

Yes we speak gulabi Urdu at home...

Girl come with me to my land.

No wonder Armstrong and Hype think you kidnap me all the time! :P

Even your lab will not provide you refuge from Punjabi culture.

yaar, no one in the lab speaks a word of urdu/ Punjabi!

The difference between you and other Punjabis girls is that although you may be very educated, the girls from the villages could tear you apart IQ-wise.

TRUE, TRUE STORY.

Then we need to mine these genius and educate them to tear other people's IQ down!! :woot:

who is monkey and laiqs? I read that as Lakhsmi! :P

Then we need to mine these genius and educate them to tear other people's IQ down!! :woot:

Although I said it jokingly, but to be serious a lot of village girls are outrageously sharp.

What is the difference between a Pathan and a Pushtun

WOW. That is a strong very word for merely having a differing opinion.

I would use it very carefully
Na marha, i used word racist for him because he thinks Pashtuns are genetically superior to indics. I am also a proud pashtun but i dont consider my people as some superior breed. I have observed that many Pashtuns/afghans living in abroad especially in western countries develop some kind of racial complex.

Sometimes no idea where things are coming up from...just suddenly Wham! I lost :undecided:

The Pashto speakers in the world are about 45 million. If you add those who have lost pashto but have pashtun ancestry to it, then pathan population would reach upto 80-90 millions. Infact if you split pakistani population racially e.g into pathans, jats, awans, rajputs, balochs, turks, arabs etc then pashtuns would become most numerous racial group of Pakistan. In afghanistan the pashto speakers form 42% of population but if you add farsified pashtuns to them then their percentage exceeds 60%.
Even Pakistanis in general consider non-pashto speaking pathans as "naqli", fake. Take the example of irfan pathan, he is called fake pathan by pakistanis even though he belongs to a pathan community of gujrat.
Following notables are pathans by ancestry but nobody call them pashtuns,
1- maulana mohammad ali jauhar and shaukat ali jauher (rohilla pathans)
2- Nawab bahadur yar jang (kakezai)
3- Sir sikandar hayat khan of unionist party punjab
4- Maulana abdul kalam azad
5- zakir hussain, former indian president (afridi of india)
6- Josh malih abdadi, urdu poet
8- urdu witers like mushtaq ahmad yousafi, Ashfaq ahmad.
9- cricketers like intikhab alam, abdul qadir, javed burki....
the list is very long...........
Reh gai baat imran khan ki , he belongs to Niazi tribe of mianwali, who are seriakized pashtuns....they are transitional group like pathans of hazara......they derive their culture both from punjab and kpk...Niazis have lost pashto but they have retained pashtunwali and tribal framework (qaum, khel, khul, clan)...I have been to mianwali several times, though their mother tongue is seraiki, many of them can understand and speak pashto.....
Langauge is such strong factor in shaping idenity, niazis of mianwali want to join seraikistan rather KPK. Hindko speaking pathans of hazara want their own province rather than sticking with kpk. Even the bilingual pashtun tribes of DIkhan (gandapurs, babars, miankhels etc) want to join seraikistan.

Yeh pathano kay peechay kon par giyea? :eek:

Na marha, i used word racist for him because he thinks Pashtuns are genetically superior to indics. I am also a proud pashtun but i dont consider my people as some superior breed. I have observed that many Pashtuns/afghans living in abroad especially in western countries develop some kind of racial complex.

Most likely because some had to fight to get out of the system! While others are self achievers- Something anyone would be proud of not just Pathans!

Yo Monkey. I have to admit you have your own principles. But I have Pathans working for me that are awesome guys.

They don't mention Pathan vs bull ****. And yes they are true Pathans.

Pathan people are best to go hunting journey with true story.

Monkey you make Pathans seem like serious assholes, but all my friends and people are very fun loving and always laughing even if they are gun man.

Elaborate? Why would you want to look down my cornea?

He prob is saying it metaphorically where people used to say that you can stare down a soul through the eyes :D

I want to start some other profession and dump this plastic surgery thing --- I've lost all interest right when i am about to get the specialization degree..... perhaps will do an mba or something

MBA? really now? Try politics...we have enough MBA walay...but not many genius people in politics :P

Just that if you can do medical am sure your mind will work good for politics :D

Plus It WOULD BE A NICE CHANGE to have an educated politician...not ones who bought their degree and hence do not understand the importance of education...:police:

Butt SAAAB! What's cooking?

Be proud of what you are ...not the negative proud-ness! Bt thankful proud-ness! Because we have enough negative power in our youths we do not need anymore...

PLUS just because you say some 1-2 pathans with some odd problem do not paint EVERYONE with the same colour...

There are problematic people everywhere...And as for those who are self achievers...who built themselves up...They have the right to be a little proud...It keeps them going and 1 achievement after another....is a good thing!

Although you do make a valid point that indeed native tongue is very important, but the Blood link is just as important as the cultural, traditional, and lingual aspect, if not more.

Regarding Yusuf "Pathan" of india, well anyone these days can slap a "Pathan" or "Khan" next to their first name, i have met quite a few people who have done so and claimed to be "Pathans/Pashtuns", however only a real Pashtun can prove his ancestry through providing important background info like Tribal lineage, for example my Mother is a Yusufzai because my Maternal Grandfather is a Yusufzai, however my Maternal Grandmother is a Barakzai, my fathers side is Shamozai.

Although we might have lost the ability to speak the native tongue of our ancestors, we haven't lost our identity, and not everyone has the same definition, or qualification, or criteria of/for being a Pashtun.

Secondly, i'm not sure what one would consider these Sikhs who speak Pashto and probably know more about Pashtun way of thinking then i do since they have been living in Peshawar amongst Pashtuns for centuries after fleeing persecution in Punjab. Do they become Pashtuns?

Sikhs and Muslims live in harmony in Peshawar - YouTube

I'm certainly not a Punjabi, Kashmiri, Sindhi, Mohajir since i cannot trace my ancestry to any of the latter groups mentioned, than what am i?
It was indeed my own point of view, many pashtuns may agree with your definition of Pashtun qaum.
The peshaweri sikhs came with ranjeet singh forces. They are now part of Pashtun society and have absorbed many elements of Pashtun culture and ways of life. A peshaweri can answer you better about those sikhs whether they are considered Pashtuns or not.

I'm certainly not a Punjabi, Kashmiri, Sindhi, Mohajir since i cannot trace my ancestry to any of the latter groups mentioned, than what am i?

You are living in America thats why you seem to have difficulty in connecting yourself with any of cultural identity of Pakistan. you can just call yourself a Pakistani.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom