What's new

Naswar Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
@hinduguy: its Mushy's formula only, no territorial concessions. No declaration of victory, autonomy under the constitutions to areas that require autonomy. A few select concessions thrown in. Rapid trust building measures.

Well the problem is more with GoI, I hate to admit. They have been far less flexible in agreeing to a negotiated settlement, and 26/11 has hardened their stand. Even doves like MMS are isolated in the cabinet. We need a charismatic leader (like vajpayee) who can take the country along and negotiate with pakistan/kashmiris.

BTW, there will be no nuclear war, not because of threat of MAD, but because neither side is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Hyperion @Armstrong @Secur @hinduguy @ZYXW @KRAIT @arp2041 @Ayush @KingMamba93

That concludes our Kashmir roundtable. The proposals were mainly between me and mamba here (being the signatories- although armstrong and zyxw and hinduguy contributed heftily). We followed largely the "Manmohan-Musharaff" proposal. The Kashmir valley was pending discussion between us with various concessions and proposals in the galley. Any other members want to have their own round table go for it. The conclusion would be that we would most probably have signed on the agreement and rendered it effective @KRAIT @arp2041 would really like your own inputs- being more senior posters than me. LET IT RIP! Good night folks!

Zia was a clown, look past your distant family links. :drag:

Nah. 5 more years in power and he would have captured Kashmir.

He won the Afghan war.

Most leaders around the world loved and respected him.

The only people that dislike him are ironically Pakistanis.

Pakistanis in general are ungrateful.

Nah. 5 more years in power and he would have captured Kashmir.

He won the Afghan war.

Most leaders around the world loved and respected him.

The only people that dislike him are ironically Pakistanis.

Pakistanis in general are ungrateful.

He was a tough motherfcker I will never deny that but he was also a far right loon. How would he have captured kashmir?

Well the problem is more with GoI, I hate to admit. They have been far less flexible in agreeing to a negotiated settlement, and 26/11 has hardened their stand. Even doves like MMS are isolated in the cabinet. We need a charismatic leader (like vajpayee) who can take the country along and negotiate with pakistan/kashmiris.

BTW, there will be no nuclear war, not because of threat of MAD, but because neither side is crazy.

the GOI had its own pressures yaar, 26/11 really was a catalyst..the people would have eaten MMS raw and rightly so. Political realities are important, if the govt. that negotiates the settlement falls then the settlement is null and void too.

That concludes our Kashmir roundtable. The proposals were mainly between me and mamba here (being the signatories- although armstrong and zyxw and hinduguy contributed heftily). We followed largely the "Manmohan-Musharaff" proposal. The Kashmir valley was pending discussion between us with various concessions and proposals in the galley. Any other members want to have their own round table go for it. @KRAIT @arp2041 would really like your own inputs- being more senior posters than me. LET IT RIP! Good night folks!

Later yo. :drag:

That concludes our Kashmir roundtable. The proposals were mainly between me and mamba here (being the signatories- although armstrong and zyxw and hinduguy contributed heftily). We followed largely the "Manmohan-Musharaff" proposal. The Kashmir valley was pending discussion between us with various concessions and proposals in the galley. Any other members want to have their own round table go for it. The conclusion would be that we would most probably have signed on the agreement and rendered it effective @KRAIT @arp2041 would really like your own inputs- being more senior posters than me. LET IT RIP! Good night folks!

I am probably going to get going as well:)
Talk to you guys later!:P

He was a tough motherfcker I will never deny that but he was also a far right loon. How would he have captured kashmir?

He would have the sent the Mujahadeen to Kashmir and it would have been a wrap.

Far right?

I don't believe so.

You have to study his tenure more.

If Zia was in power most of these mullahs and militants would be pissing in their pants and begging for forgiveness.

He was a religious man, but he didn't take **** from liberals, mullahs, war lords, militants, or any one else.

He didn't take **** from anyone.

@RazPaK, he did try to start militancy in kashmir and kashmiris are suffering till date due to that. Kashmir is not bangladesh.
Also, only the people of valey are hostile to India not the rest. There was no american funding coming your way for kashmiri jihad (which you got for afganistan. america won the war, using you)
And what exactly was he doing when India captured siachen? (1984)

He would have the sent the Mujahadeen to Kashmir and it would have been a wrap.

Far right?

I don't believe so.

You have to study his tenure more.

If Zia was in power most of these mullahs and militants would be pissing in their pants and begging for forgiveness.

He was a religious man, but he didn't take **** from liberals, mullahs, war lords, militants, or any one else.

He didn't take **** from anyone.

Perhaps but he emboldened mullahs with a bunch of his laws, before him the clergy kept shut the fck up afterwards they became all crazy and you see Pakistan today. I do agree he didn't take sht from no one.

I am probably going to get going as well:)
Talk to you guys later!:P

Bye :drag:

Zia was a bawss:

@RazPaK, he did try to start militancy in kashmir and kashmiris are suffering till date due to that. Kashmir is not bangladesh.
Also, only the people of valey are hostile to India not the rest. There was no american funding coming your way for kashmiri jihad (which you got for afganistan. america won the war, using you)
And what exactly was he doing when India captured siachen? (1984)

There was not a really need for funding, the Mujahadeen had all the weapons stored up already.

Instead of chaos in Afghanistan it would have been unleashed on the Indian Army. Remember the Soviets were in no position to back India at the time as they were already retreating from Afghanistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom