What's new

NASR : SHORT RANGE TACTICAL NUCLEAR WEAPON!

It's an abomination that Indians suddenly consider tactical nukes a sin. You need to have a balanced view and discard nuclear weapons in totality if you proclaim to be anti-nuclear. Not pick and choose like most Indians are doing.
Did not get your point. We are out numbered in front of China. we dont have Tactical nuke. But we have nukes. Is not it ?

Did not get your point. We are out numbered in front of China. we dont have Tactical nuke. But we have nukes. Is not it ?

So, just because you don't have them, doesn't mean that we cannot have them neither. We have them and I've already stated the reasons. There is no playing level field for Pakistan. Pakistan has to be innovative to survive in a hostile environment. It has done very well by making good use of technology. This discussion isn't leading anywhere.

So, just because you don't have them, doesn't mean that we cannot have them neither. We have them and I've already stated the reasons. This discussion isn't leading anywhere.
That means your statement " Not only would you believe in tactical nukes, you would literally worship them if you had a numerical disadvantage like we do. Mark my words." is wrong in the context of India ?

Not only would you believe in tactical nukes, you would literally worship them if you had a numerical disadvantage like we do. Mark my words. LMAO I understand why you hate them though.They are a pain in the a$$... Especially when you intend a cold start doctrine. LMAO

Hey Mr. spinach, who cares about strategic or tactical nukes? LMAO Nukes are nukes.

That's good to hear that you are anti-nuclear, Mr. spinach. Good luck convincing the generals...

Oye Dalitmiya; there is nothing to worship in TacNukes; have you now started worshipping "Suicide Jackets"?
Only the Beardos and Weirdos have been indulging that ritual. Now you seem to be joining that band which knows only one tune "Hum doobengay toh tum ko saath lekar doobengay". :lol:

Dude we don't need to indulge in CSD (which has been contrived to create a Howwa; which it has done very well ;) ) rather there are many other "arrows in the quiver".
Most of all TacNukes have only increased the "Management Stresses", but the Mujaheddin in GHQ (as they are prone to be) are gung-ho enough not to even understand that......
Strategic Nukes have always been WMD (Weapons of Mass Destruction) but piddly TacNukes are WSD (Weapons of Self Destruction) which seems to have escaped the Khakis. So let me wish you all the best with those new toys which (like all Nukes) cannot be used..... unless one is looking to commit "Hara-Kiri" but then who knows.... there may be some who see it a divinely ordained duty.

As for me: I don't have to convince any Generals; it is you who have to convince your Generals who blithely consider you to be simply an expendable commodity. :D

This is nothing but a derivative of the Chinese WS-2.. Here is something more Cool.. India's Pragati rocket System. An export variant of even more powerful Prahaar.

7cv7.jpg

Before more people compare this missile and its purpose and why USA and Russia did not use the missiles learn the basic art of geographic locations. The chance of armoured battalions entering America in large numbers is near impossible. Useless comparing different wars and strategies without taking into consideration the different factors involved.

The situation facing India and Pakistan isn't too unlike what the US was fearing from the Soviets regarding an invasion of West Germany. Massive tank and infantry formations, a slew of bombers, naval assaults, we had and deployed tactical nuclear weapons in Europe for the same reason Pakistan and India are building theirs; to stop an assault, and to dissuade an assault from actually happening.

Both the US and Soviet Union deployed tactical nuclear weapons in and near Europe with the intention of stopping infantry and armored assaults. These systems where mobile and deploy-able, so I'm not including static defense systems such as Nike Ajax and Hercules, nor will I include static ballistic missiles such as Thor or Jupiter.

These systems have been removed from service as a result of various arms limitations treaties.

The US deployed:

MGR-1 Honest John - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

BGM-109G Ground Launched Cruise Missile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MGR-3 Little John - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Davy Crockett (nuclear device) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

M115 howitzer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - With W33

M65 Atomic Cannon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Special Atomic Demolition Munition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Medium Atomic Demolition Munition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

T-4 Atomic Demolition Munition - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MGM-5 Corporal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MGM-29 Sergeant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MGM-18 Lacrosse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MGM-52 Lance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PGM-11 Redstone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As well as Air denial (including mobile air-to-air and surface-to-air, not static defenses such as CIM-10 Bomarc) systems such as:

RIM-8 Talos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AIM-26 Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AIR-2 Genie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And sea denial weapons:

RUR-5 ASROC - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mark 45 torpedo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mk 101 Lulu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Proposed battlefield nuclear weapons:

B61 nuclear bomb - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Soviet Union deployed:

Scud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - R-11 had a minimal range (180 km) and was a tactical ballistic missile

9K52 Luna-M - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OTR-21 Tochka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

OTR-23 Oka - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2A3 Kondensator 2P - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2S19 Msta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2S4 Tyulpan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other regional nations deployed:

Pluton (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Blue Peacock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ikara (missile) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - the British version had a nuclear depth bomb

WE.177 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some basic info on tactical nuclear weapons:

Tactical nuclear weapon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Both the US and Soviet Union deployed tactical nuclear weapons in and near Europe with the intention of stopping infantry and armored assaults. These systems where mobile and deploy-able, so I'm not including systems such as Nike Ajax or Hercules.
So the point remains best way to stop advancing tank battalions is this.

WdHCleT.jpg

Pakistan’s development of tactical weapons — in the form of the Nasr missile, which has a 60-kilometer range --- is only in response to concerns that India’s larger military could still wage a conventional was against the country, thinking Pakistan would not risk retaliation with a bigger nuclear weapon.

They are completely useless. India has made it clear that I holds right to retaliate with nukes even in case of tactical nukes, even if used inside pak border against our forces. So, if Pak uses tacnucs, it will have to face obliteration by our nukes. This leaves only other option for pak, if it wants to use nukes, it must use strategic nukes to try to take out India so battlefield nukes become useless again...

A good question to ponder about is what is going to be the response? Unless Pakistani strategists are living in la-la land, they must know that a response will follow. Even if a strategic response is discounted, a predictable response would be a nuclear strike against chosen target(s) of the Pakistani military. I simply fail to see how Pakistan can ever come out on top in any scenario.

A good question to ponder about is what is going to be the response? Unless Pakistani strategists are living in la-la land, they must know that a response will follow. Even if a strategic response is discounted, a predictable response would be a nuclear strike against chosen target(s) of the Pakistani military. I simply fail to see how Pakistan can ever come out on top in any scenario.
tell me the nuclear doctrine of Pakistan? tell me the guidelines on use of nuclear weapons? then when u actually research these things you will find your answer... It is good to answer yourself at times

tell me the nuclear doctrine of Pakistan? tell me the guidelines on use of nuclear weapons? then when u actually research these things you will find your answer... It is good to answer yourself at times

Maybe it is equally good to read up what your enemy's response will be, tactical nukes are battlefield weapons and that means lowering the threshold for use of the nuclear capability. The assumption seems to be made that India will just absorb a nuclear strike on its strike columns & go home, seems not very well thought out to me.

Maybe it is equally good to read up what your enemy's response will be, tactical nukes are battlefield weapons and that means lowering the threshold for use of the nuclear capability. The assumption seems to be made that India will just absorb a nuclear strike on its strike columns & go home, seems not very well thought out to me.
Did you read the doctrine? NO... still an uninformed reply

In the open plains or steppes, not in heavily and densely populated areas where the enemy forces are separated only by a few kilometers.
The guys on either side of the Cold War then discovered that the benefits were few and limited, @SvenSvensonov. There has to be a good reason why the Cold War adversaries gave up those weapons eventually! :azn:

Back
Top Bottom