Trench Width - 2.5m
Vertical Obstacle - 0.7m
Speed (Highway) - 64kmph
(Water) - 7kmph
Turret - 6 missile launcher
Elevation - 0 to 24deg
Azimuth - 360deg

Features:
- Stabilised gunner's target acquisition system (TI , CCD & LRF)
- Independent stabilised commander's panoramic sight (TI , CCD & LRF)
- CoMPASS EO/IR turret for sighting and fire control
- Automatic fire detection and suppression system
- NBC protection
- Advanced land navigation system
- Remotely controlled 7.62 gun
- Compact low noise 3.5KVA APU
- Internal comms TADIRON VHF radio sets

Source - Trishul

An easy way to convert 2000 ~ BMPs 1/2 after retirement.

Israelis are master in it.

When are we getting the final version is the question to be answered.
From next year full scale production will begin. However, on the production of the NAG it will remain limited IMO because India doesn't possess the industrial capacity to manufacture the seekers on mass.

An easy way to convert 2000 ~ BMPs 1/2 after retirement.

Israelis are master in it.
The BMP is the weak part of this system- thin skinned, aged and less mobile than contempory vehicles. But the beauty of this system is that it can be fitted on any vehicle -FICV/Kestral/Stryker/Arjun and thus has numerous future applications for the IA's IBGs.

From next year full scale production will begin. However, on the production of the NAG it will remain limited IMO because India doesn't possess the industrial capacity to manufacture the seekers on mass.

The BMP is the weak part of this system- thin skinned, aged and less mobile than contempory vehicles. But the beauty of this system is that it can be fitted on any vehicle -FICV/Kestral/Stryker/Arjun and thus has numerous future applications for the IA's IBGs.
I think you are ignoring the fact that BMP is a tracked and fully amphibious vehicle.It is the backbone of indian Mechanized infantry,these new BMPs are BMP 2T better armored.

I think tracked Kestral is not an appropriate choice, specially when NAMICAs will accompany tank formations in an Invasion scenario both in Rajasthan and in the Plains of Punjab which has a lot of rivers and water bodies.

This was the same reason why Army opted for tracked carrier for AKASH SAM.

I think you are ignoring the fact that BMP is a tracked and fully amphibious vehicle.It is the backbone of indian Mechanized infantry,these new BMPs are BMP 2T better armored.

I think tracked Kestral is not an appropriate choice, specially when NAMICAs will accompany tank formations in an Invasion scenario both in Rajasthan and in the Plains of Punjab which has a lot of rivers and water bodies.
It doesn't address the BMP's shortcomings that I have outlined. It is still a >40 year old design.

There are far better options out there and to be developed (FICV). The BMP is the only option India has right now but the future is a different story.

This was the same reason why Army opted for tracked carrier for AKASH SAM.
Not all of them ;)

Akash_air_defense_missile_system_will_replace_obsolete_air_defense_weapons_in_Indian_Army_640_001.jpg

But point taken.

It doesn't address the BMP's shortcomings that I have outlined. It is still a >40 year old design.

There are far better options out there and to be developed (FICV). The BMP is the only option India has right now but the future is a different story.

Not all of them ;)

Akash_air_defense_missile_system_will_replace_obsolete_air_defense_weapons_in_Indian_Army_640_001.jpg

But point taken.
everybody knows canisterised missile has long shelf-life and few other advantage.so why not with akash??
any technical hurdles or just cause?

NAMICA%2527s%2BLatest%2BVersion.jpg

NAMICA%2527s%2BLatest%2BVersion-2.jpg

Trishul always gives some great snaps.

This layout was first shown to the public by Trishul 3 years ago -

BEL's+Proposal+for+Re-engineered+NAMICA.jpg

It seems this layout was chosen.

If so, they need to hurry up and get these tank busters rolling.

Looks bada$$ lol
Hope it's quick induction into our army.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom