What's new

Namer Heavy Armoured Infantry Fighting Vehicle, Israel

bannernamer.png

amlach.jpg

tech.jpg

gold.jpg

I'm using this to drive my kids to school ;-)
60 tons APC or IFV vehicle!! It weights f...ing 60 tons without turret:))))
Even some tanks dont weight 60 tons.
Whats with Jews , They found a lot of armor for free:)

equipped with a 30mm gun, ATGM luncher, motar, crew less turret I would take it any time a day over a Puma... or any other IFV vehicle ... two main reasons... it has exact the track wide of the MBT it figth with so even in muddy terrain it has no problem to drive in exactly the same track path as the MBT.. every tanker knows the problem if two different tracked vehicle drive the same muddy path.. the one with smaler track wide always drives with one track in the deep path and with the other ontop keep the vehicle alway in a angeld side position ... could limit weapon use..extrem unconfortable for the crew... and the other simple it has HUGE ammount of real armor... if all hard kill and soft kill systems fail it is still superbly protect

are the seats seperated from hull to eleminate shockwaves transfer from hull into soldier body because of a mine or IED explonsion?

are the seats seperated from hull to eleminate shockwaves transfer from hull into soldier body because of a mine or IED explonsion?
Yes, and for having enough space under the seats for various gear.

Yes, and for having enough space under the seats for various gear.

putting equipment under mine safe seats is pretty dumb... you have this space exactly there for free movment of the seats/or floor if a mine or IED explode under the vehicle... if you put gear under the seat it gets thrown at the button of the seats giving the same shockwave transfer effect you wanted to delet in first place

Namer and Eitan turret 3D cutaway

In the recent ground warfare conference in Israel, as I've told before, there was quite a poor coverage, and no photos apparently. But one was sent to a military forum admin nicknamed Sirpad, and he shared it with us.

As we can see, it has everything a turret might need but I caught a few unconventional things, for the better and worse:

• Commander seems to have an MWIR night sight with a recognition range of 5km on the main vision block (FLIR), while the gunner has an EMWIR sight with a somewhat longer range, neither of which however are mentioned specifically on Elbit's site. Their HDTV cameras are also different, probably the gunner also having a longer range, higher quality one.

• There are 2 MATADOR anti-bunker/materiel/personnel short range rockets for up to several hundred meters, primarily for urban warfare scenarios where you may need a little more punch than a 30mm gun can provide. These are, of course, fully interchangeable with Spike LR 2 missiles.

• The Trophy system does not seem to have an autoloading mechanism on this one. We know the IDF required, about a decade ago during trials of the Trophy against the Iron Fist, for both contenders to have 3 interceptors per side, for a total of 6. This meant the autoloader would accommodate either 3 munitions, or 2 with 1 already loaded. It would be quite ridiculous for it to only have 1 charge per side.
We do not know yet if this was intentionally left out from this presentation, or a temporary design choice. But we can see that the mortar's autoloading mechanism was also omitted.

http://armor-il.blogspot.co.il/2018/05/namer-and-eitan-turret-3d-cutaway.html?m=1

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom