What's new

Najam Sethi ran away when asked question about his corruption

Jazzbot

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

This bastard used to give lectures to others in his own program and does heavy criticism on others on corruption and freedom of speech. But when he was asked about his own alleged corruption as PCB head, he threatened the journalist for legal actions. When nothing still happened, he ran away from press conference without answering the question.

@Leader @pkuser2k12 @Zarvan @batmannow @mafiya @chauvunist @mr42O
remember traitor, allways remains a traitor, & they keep multiplying?
as a whole, sethi made GEO the anti/pakistan spear head of media, & made shakil ur rehman, media mafia boss?

haha...amazing how he changes colors... what a joker... clearly conflict of interest and shamelessness at its peak...

BoO0ie1IIAAAB3Z.jpg

I am totally disappointed at what is happening to Pakistani journalism. Happenings in Geo were bad enough. There are allegations and counter allegations. Since Najam Sethi is allied with Geo & PML N, he is a target these days. I personally never met Najam Sethi, but I know a couple of people who know him quite well. Understand Najam Sethi is a well-educated person with integrity. He may not be an angel but certainly not the man of 35 ‘Punctures’.

In my book, everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. Thus far I have only come across allegations from PTI supporters & from Mubashhar Luqman, thus I reserve my judgement.

No disrespect to PTI supporting members, but anyone who follows the Pakistani social media will know that many PTI supporters use extremely foul language against anyone who criticizes Imran Khan. On the other hand Mubasshar Luqman's personal attacks on the Geo Group leave a bad taste. Khara Such has taken Pakistan journalism to the new lows.

I would therefore ignore whatever filth is spread against any person; true or otherwise; on the Pakistan media.

I am totally disappointed at what is happening to Pakistani journalism. Happenings in Geo were bad enough. There are allegations and counter allegations. Since Najam Sethi is allied with Geo & PML N, he is a target these days. I personally never met Najam Sethi, but I know a couple of people who know him quite well. Understand Najam Sethi is a well-educated person with integrity. He may not be an angel but certainly not the man of 35 ‘Punctures’.

In my book, everyone is innocent until proven otherwise. Thus far I have only come across allegations from PTI supporters & from Mubashhar Luqman, thus I reserve my judgement.

No disrespect to PTI supporting members, but anyone who follows the Pakistani social media will know that many PTI supporters use extremely foul language against anyone who criticizes Imran Khan. On the other hand Mubasshar Luqman's personal attacks on the Geo Group leave a bad taste. Khara Such has taken Pakistan journalism to the new lows.

I would therefore ignore whatever filth is spread against any person; true or otherwise; on the Pakistan media.

Niaz Sb,

Najam Sethi has accepted the post of PCB chairman and was 'handpicked' by PM without having any qualifications to run a cricket board. Which means that he is employed by GOP which is run by PML-N. Now how on earth can a person be neutral in such a situation?

Where is integrity? Where is principle? Where are journalistic ethics? No matter how unbiased are you in your approach, this is case of conflict of interest!

And PTI voters call it reward for 35 punctures.

And by the way he is not alone. Iftikhar Ahmad of GEO has been made chairman PHA.

Irfan Siddiqui from Jang is made PM's advisor.

How can you blame PTI voters for hating these 'journalists' then?

Niaz Sb,

Najam Sethi has accepted the post of PCB chairman and was 'handpicked' by PM without having any qualifications to run a cricket board. Which means that he is employed by GOP which is run by PML-N. Now how on earth can a person be neutral in such a situation?

Where is integrity? Where is principle? Where are journalistic ethics? No matter how unbiased are you in your approach, this is case of conflict of interest!

And PTI voters call it reward for 35 punctures.

And by the way he is not alone. Iftikhar Ahmad of GEO has been made chairman PHA.

Irfan Siddiqui from Jang is made PM's advisor.

How can you blame PTI voters for hating these 'journalists' then?

Honourable Rafael,

AAA.

Starting from Justice AR Cornelius , Air Marshal Nur Khan etc PCB Chair persons have been appointed on ‘Adhoc' basis. However, since most Pakistanis including myself have played cricket at school or college level, few Pakistanis are totally ignorant about basics of cricket.

Other party in the current game of musical chairs Mr Zaka Ashraf; a professional banker and ex-president of Zarai Taraqiati Bank; does not have a strong cricketing background either. We must also not forget that Zaka Ashraf was originally suspended by Islamabad High Court on the petition of former cricket coach Ahmad Nadeem Suddle, which resulted in the appointment of Najam Sethi. Here the main point is that because Zaka Ashraf was appointed by Zardari, Nawaz Sharif wants him out.

As for the cricketers speaking against Najam Sethi, it is really an economic issue. PCB Chairman is an honorary post with no salary and only perks, salaries of the other staff are huge and all would like a piece of the pie.

Revealed: PCB’s staggering pay-scales – The Express Tribune

BBB.

Even though elections were supposedly conducted under supervision of the judiciary; I have no reason to dispute your allegations about Sethi's role as interim CM of Punjab. In my view in a private forum such as this one, name calling & character assassination could be forgiven but on a TV show it is hitting below the belt.

I would like to make it clear that I am totally neutral in this case. However, after seeing mudslinging of the media houses against each other on prime time TV, I maintain my earlier position and reserve judgement about the culpability of Mr Najam Sethi.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom