What's new

Myths about Muslims in India

Yes True, But you can only find the chota terrorists dead, All these Azhars and Ladens are still at large or so it seems! We need to take them out, then it will be solved. Then there are other issues which fuel terrorism, like Palestine, etc. All these needs to be addressed for world peace, one by one.

Was Bin Laden from a poor family?
Were the London Bombers from poor families?
Glasgow bombers?
Madrid bombers?
Bali bombers?

The key is to get rid of the ideologues and ideology, and terrorism will come to a halt.

Yes, a good secular and progressive education is also a factor. But one can be poor and still receive a decent education in state-run schools.

Poverty however, is has nothing to do with it. Infact, as you can see most of the high-profile terrorist incidents have been perpetrated by educated middle-class people.
Bin Laden's family is one of the richest in the world.

I said Poverty is one of the major cause.

I will give a Bangladeshi view.
The terrorist organisation JMB,whose leaders are now executed,was formed in the poorer areas of Bangladesh.There the poverty level is high and no wonder JMB found large recruit within few years.

Poverty is and always be the player.

‘It is a war against the Hindus in Bangladesh’

Press Trust of India
Posted online: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 1308 hours IST
Updated: , hours IST

Habra, West Bengal, November 7: Thousands of Hindu migrants are crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border near Habra - risking their lives, leaving everything including their near and dear ones behind - to save themselves from large-scale attacks on minorities in Bangladesh.

"The true picture is not known to the outside world. It is a free for all so far it goes to torturing minority Hindus. Women and property are the prime targets - hundreds of Hindu women are hospitalised, many were killed after being raped," Bidhu Bhusan Das, one of the migrants from Barishal, who fled leaving behind his relatives said.

The local municipality pretends ignorance as do the police and the administration, but the migrants are moving in daily via Hakimpur, Bongaon (Petrapole) borders and dispersing to districts like Bardhaman and Midnapore - even to far off places like the Andamans via Kolkata.

"It is a war against the Hindus. Awami League could not protect us, even worse, they are now joining hands with Bangladesh Nationalist Party cadres with the sole aim to butcher Hindu minorities," a group of migrants from Barishal and Bhola districts of Bangladesh, who have taken shelter in this town, 12 km from the Hakimpur border, said.

2001, look this is what i am talking about. There is a report in 2001 and then on in 2002 and then another in 2003. Its not regular news reports please. We dont get fed info regarding BD on a daily basis. I suggest u try watching some Indian news channels if u can.

Press Trust of India
Posted online: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 1308 hours IST
Updated: , hours IST

Habra, West Bengal, November 7: Thousands of Hindu migrants are crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border near Habra - risking their lives, leaving everything including their near and dear ones behind - to save themselves from large-scale attacks on minorities in Bangladesh.

"The true picture is not known to the outside world. It is a free for all so far it goes to torturing minority Hindus. Women and property are the prime targets - hundreds of Hindu women are hospitalised, many were killed after being raped," Bidhu Bhusan Das, one of the migrants from Barishal, who fled leaving behind his relatives said.

The local municipality pretends ignorance as do the police and the administration, but the migrants are moving in daily via Hakimpur, Bongaon (Petrapole) borders and dispersing to districts like Bardhaman and Midnapore - even to far off places like the Andamans via Kolkata.

"It is a war against the Hindus. Awami League could not protect us, even worse, they are now joining hands with Bangladesh Nationalist Party cadres with the sole aim to butcher Hindu minorities," a group of migrants from Barishal and Bhola districts of Bangladesh, who have taken shelter in this town, 12 km from the Hakimpur border, said.

I think this is enough,Now lets go back to the topic.

I said Poverty is one of the major cause.

I will give a Bangladeshi view.
The terrorist organisation JMB,whose leaders are now executed,was formed in the poorer areas of Bangladesh.There the poverty level is high and no wonder JMB found large recruit within few years.

Poverty is and always be the player.

Well so what did you do to crush the terrorist organization? Did the people suddenly get richer, or did you execute the leaders?

Ans: You executed the leaders. The people are probably still quite poor.

2001, look this is what i am talking about. There is a report in 2001 and then on in 2002 and then another in 2003. Its not regular news reports please. We dont get fed info regarding BD on a daily basis. I suggest u try watching some Indian news channels if u can.

Media also includes Indian websites.It is frequent in blogs where BJP,RSS members continuosly malign BD.

I do watch,

Zee news=totally irritating
NDTV=sometimes irritating

I don't get any other news channels from India.

I think this is enough,Now lets go back to the topic.

I dont think it is enough. Look back at what you said.
I personally don't remember when I read a report about BD Hindus.
Well this very article came when I was in 7th grade:rofl:

Well so what did you do to crush the terrorist organization? Did the people suddenly get richer, or did you execute the leaders?

Ans: You executed the leaders. The people are probably still quite poor.

But JMB is still growing.

RAB sources said that they are regrouping again.

Thats because poverty is still not gone.And recruits are available.

But JMB is still growing.

RAB sources said that they are regrouping again.

Thats because poverty is still not gone.And recruits are available.

No, I'm sorry but your anecdotal evidence just doesn't cut it.

Have you seen to documentary "Undercover Mosque", where journalists film mosque sermons in London using hidden cameras?
The radical preachers and audiences were all middle-class British muslims.

Extremism does not have any correlation with wealth. It does correlate with education, that I agree.

Media also includes Indian websites.It is frequent in blogs where BJP,RSS members continuosly malign BD.

I do watch,

Zee news=totally irritating
NDTV=sometimes irritating

I don't get any other news channels from India.
I have watched NDTV, and there was not much about BD except about Elections. Dont remember about them talking about BD Hindus anytime recently!

You Talk about RSS and BJP, yes they are extremists, You dont talk about some BD members in this forum, extremists, who have a certain agenda on this forum to malign India and Indian Muslims. They are in fact on par with RSS or worse than them.

Bro your original point was that its a myth that the muslim in india are in the lowest group in india when it comes to the majority of social-economic indicators.
Its a trend that according to the indian report came about during the 70s and has gained momentum in the decades that followed.....now its either that the muslims of india dont really care for the own social-economic uplift and are lazy or its state policy that the muslims must be kept down.
Your point about hindu being poor is valid but in india the poor hindu has more of a chance then a poor muslim.

Off course there sane people in india that know this and also know that if the problem is not corrected it will create big problems for india in the future.

I know that there are plenty of people around the world that also have the same problems but i am being india specific.
I want to know what kind of descrimination you are talking about...
Indian muslims excelled in certain departments and lag behind in certain dept..
Because of their area of intrest...
If gujarathis are good in buissness and have a larger share of enterprises does that mean rest are descriminated..
If bengalies are good in science and a lot of them are in reaserch field does it mean DRDO,ISRO descriminated rest of India..
If Indian muslims are good in textile or acting skills does it mean rest of India descriminated..
North Indians work hard for civil exams like IAS,IPS and their share in civil service is more then does that mean others are descriminated..

I had some schoolmates Taufiq(father was post master),aarif(father was mutton merchant),sairabhanu(polio infected)
Out of these sairabhanu and aarif were always toppers .Taufiq was average ..

Now after almost twenty years later Taufiq has masters and he is a teacher in same school,Saira is in USA with her MCA degree,I am an electrical engg..
BUt topper aarif left school at 7th std and is running family shop..
It is just an example there are millions of aarifs in India ..
That doesnt mean aarif was descriminated..
If govt policies descriminate people then you are free to quote them..I am damn sure you are not going to get a single ..

No, I'm sorry but your anecdotal evidence just doesn't cut it.

Have you seen to documentary "Undercover Mosque", where journalists film mosque sermons in London using hidden cameras?
The radical preachers and audiences were all middle-class British muslims.

Extremism does not have any correlation with wealth. It does correlate with education, that I agree.

So you are getting my point.

No education=poverty

Again Poverty is one major factor,and ideology is another.

I have watched NDTV, and there was not much about BD except about Elections. Dont remember about them talking about BD Hindus anytime recently!

You Talk about RSS and BJP, yes they are extremists, You dont talk about some BD members in this forum, extremists, who have a certain agenda on this forum to malign India and Indian Muslims. They are in fact on par with RSS or worse than them.

Jaamat is an extremist party,and I have always spoken against it.Can take a look on other threads,if you wish.

Back
Top Bottom