What's new

Myths about Muslims in India

You are posting all the good facts,what's left??:undecided:

We know India had Muslim president,bollywood is ruled by muslims,there are muslim millioneer and etc.Now if this is a Mythbusting Thread,then we should discuss the both sides of the coin.

I know some muslim in India are very well off,like you.But it is important to discuss what India is doing to improve those muslims who are lagging behind.

Everyone is afraid of Muslim terrorists,poverty and illiteracy is the main cause of terrorism,not only in India but also in the world.So it is important to discuss what India is doing in that respective.

Harrassment by Police is common and it is important because the Chief of Police in Mumbai is himself a muslim.So it is something to discuss about.

But then again if this thread is only to copy and paste good figures,Then I don't think it draws full picture.
Okay, Well, Since you are talking of Poverty, Let me remind you that hunger has no Religion. Why isnt anyone asking about the poor Hindus and Christians starving? Why only Muslims?

Bollywood is not ruled by Muslims, it has a great deal of Muslims in the top spot. It goes for almost all the film industries in India. Muslims have made a name for themselves in Films. Since Films are so tough to get into, and On top of it all this Discrimination you all talking about, How did these poor muslims get into movies??? So it must be known that the level of discrimination is not what you all think of Outside India! Its far less.

Okay, Well, Since you are talking of Poverty, Let me remind you that hunger has no Religion. Why isnt anyone asking about the poor Hindus and Christians starving? Why only Muslims?

Bollywood is not ruled by Muslims, it has a great deal of Muslims in the top spot. It goes for almost all the film industries in India. Muslims have made a name for themselves in Films. Since Films are so tough to get into, and On top of it all this Discrimination you all talking about, How did these poor muslims get into movies??? So it must be known that the level of discrimination is not what you all think of Outside India! Its far less.

Since terrorism is related with poverty and many muslims live in poverty and many muslims turned to terrorism,so it is logical to talk about them only,since it is a thread of Indian Muslims.

I never said level of discrimination is like Mount Everest,but there are discrimination.you can't ignore it.
It is natural to have such level of discrimination on a minority.In BD too there are discrimination against Hindus in some areas,BUT NOT AT ALL AS THE INDIAN MEDIA REPORTS.

I hope you get what I am trying to discuss.

I did not see anything significant about BD hindus in media here.
Mention some report...

Terrorism has nothing to do with poverty. It has everything to do with dangerous ideologies which need to be stamped out.

Terrorism has nothing to do with poverty. It has everything to do with dangerous ideologies which need to be stamped out.
I beg to differ on this, the astonishing thing is that, Ajmal Kasab turned to terrorism out of Poverty, so did the many people caught in India. Poverty plays a role too, and the Master terrorists are not poor, but Ideologically crazy bigots like Mullah Azhar etc. They twist Islam for their own fancy feelings.

Could you please google it yourself,I am kinda busy elsewhere.Thanks.
google is not Indian Media ;) Actually BD is not mentioned much In Indian Media until there is an issue. And we dont hear news about Discrimination in BD everyday. Some channels report it and forget it then and there. On the Internet there are lots of stuff, and some e papers report about it, but nothing much on Mainstream Indian sateliite channels.

I beg to differ on this, the astonishing thing is that, Ajmal Kasab turned to terrorism out of Poverty, so did the many people caught in India. Poverty plays a role too, and the Master terrorists are not poor, but Ideologically crazy bigots like Mullah Azhar etc. They twist Islam for their own fancy feelings.

Without these 'master terrorists' (who are not usually from poor families) there will be no terror camps and no terror networks.

A lot of people in the world are poor - they don't go around strapping suicide vests and going on a rampage with guns.

The recruits are always from poor background.Poverty also means not getting proper education.When these two combines then its easy for Fanatics to exploit them.So Poverty always is a major factor.:agree:

Without these 'master terrorists' (who are not usually from poor families) there will be no terror camps and no terror networks.

A lot of people in the world are poor - they don't go around strapping suicide vests and going on a rampage with guns.
Yes, but someone should have guts to take out these Master Blasters! As long as they dont, then we have to fight Poverty and Terrorism side by side :)

That's when their religion matters.
If they are muslim,then these masterminds can brainwash them quoting out of context from Quran to make them hostile to non-muslims.

Poverty is one Major factor.There are other factors too.

Could you please google it yourself,I am kinda busy elsewhere.Thanks.

I could find anything serious. That is why I asked you.Confirm before you claim.
I don't think Indian media looks riots against BD Hindus in a lens.

google is not Indian Media ;) Actually BD is not mentioned much In Indian Media until there is an issue. And we dont hear news about Discrimination in BD everyday. Some channels report it and forget it then and there. On the Internet there are lots of stuff, and some e papers report about it, but nothing much on Mainstream Indian sateliite channels.

Looks like I have to get Dirty in the field;)

The recruits are always from poor background.Poverty also means not getting proper education.When these two combines then its easy for Fanatics to exploit them.So Poverty always is a major factor.:agree:

Was Bin Laden from a poor family?
Were the London Bombers from poor families?
Glasgow bombers?
Madrid bombers?
Bali bombers?

The key is to get rid of the ideologues and ideology, and terrorism will come to a halt.

Yes, a good secular and progressive education is also a factor. But one can be poor and still receive a decent education in state-run schools.

Poverty however, is has nothing to do with it. Infact, as you can see most of the high-profile terrorist incidents have been perpetrated by educated middle-class people.
Bin Laden's family is one of the richest in the world.

‘It is a war against the Hindus in Bangladesh’

Press Trust of India
Posted online: Wednesday, November 07, 2001 at 1308 hours IST
Updated: , hours IST

Habra, West Bengal, November 7: Thousands of Hindu migrants are crossing the Indo-Bangladesh border near Habra - risking their lives, leaving everything including their near and dear ones behind - to save themselves from large-scale attacks on minorities in Bangladesh.

"The true picture is not known to the outside world. It is a free for all so far it goes to torturing minority Hindus. Women and property are the prime targets - hundreds of Hindu women are hospitalised, many were killed after being raped," Bidhu Bhusan Das, one of the migrants from Barishal, who fled leaving behind his relatives said.

The local municipality pretends ignorance as do the police and the administration, but the migrants are moving in daily via Hakimpur, Bongaon (Petrapole) borders and dispersing to districts like Bardhaman and Midnapore - even to far off places like the Andamans via Kolkata.

"It is a war against the Hindus. Awami League could not protect us, even worse, they are now joining hands with Bangladesh Nationalist Party cadres with the sole aim to butcher Hindu minorities," a group of migrants from Barishal and Bhola districts of Bangladesh, who have taken shelter in this town, 12 km from the Hakimpur border, said.

‘It is a war against the Hindus in Bangladesh’

Back
Top Bottom