What's new

Myth: Indian Kings never Invaded Foreign Lands

Rajendra_map_new.png

Chola territories during Rajendra Chola I,

Nobody blames you because Bollywood and the Wacky Indian Media have brainwashed you.

You mean they come every day.. take the brain out.. wash it thoroughly and put back? :what::what:

You mean they come every day.. take the brain out.. wash it thoroughly and put back?
No he means how it is done by Pakistan Media.....
tuth is that the myth that india propagates that it has never invaded a country is totally false.some prime example being indira invading east pakistan,mauryas,gupta mughals every one invaded different countries of times.India invaded kashmir,goa,nizam kingdom.
Tuth oops sorry truth is that which u never gonna understand.
We claim that after Independence we never Invaded...... Before Independence the whole subcontinent was divided. Very hard to understand for u.....
The Chola Kingdom is one of the most Successful one in the south India. The Tanjore Temple holds the heritage of thousand years. Where ever the Cholas went conquring the prosperity appeared. The Maritime achievements reaches as far as Greeks in the Trade. The only remains of the Cholas in the south Asia is not Destruction but rich Temples as monuments.
But than Ur meaning of invasion is different I suppose.
Any way Thanks to Haffiz for this wonderful post, It explains how rich is the Chola period rather then what he intended......

heheheheheheheh it becomes modern Pakistan suddenly for bhartis when now they say invaders invaded whom and whom not.

But when Pakistani members lay claim of some other points you suddenly comes up with some other points.

:P anyway. As there was no current day INDIA with tricolor and no current day Pakistan with white green flag hence saying Indian Rulers/Kings invaded so and so or not or for that matter Pakistani rulers invaded so and so. its funny to claim nationalities.

Its simply Muslim Rulers invaded so and so land and Non-Muslim rulers invades so and so land .

anyway i wonder if that old time of sword fighting comes back i like it

No he means how it is done by Pakistan Media.....

Yeh bad media they always harp on dishonesty of our politicians bad bad Pakistani media ;)

Tuth oops sorry truth is that which u never gonna understand.
We claim that after Independence we never Invaded...... Before Independence the whole subcontinent was divided. Very hard to understand for u.....

shake hand we also did not invade anyone after Independence.

But hey wait India invades only one country i forgot that is KASHMIR.

The Tanjore Temple holds the heritage of thousand years. ..

south Indian temples are amazing. i wanted to visit more there.

Hey, don't worry. I'm sure the Hindu kings conquered their territories by handing out flowers and sweets to the invaded people. Not like the ugly, brutal Muslim conquests. So its OK.

First of all a definition of "India" is needed. What is India today, and was supposed to be Hindustan after partition, had never existed as a country before except under the Mughals. Even the British colony of India was divided between native states and the colony.

First of all India came into being in 1947. Before that it was 400-500 princely states rivaling each other..there was no country called India pre-british invasion.

Travellers reffered to India as a collection or royalities and princely states.

So a modern independent nation state called India didn't exist before 1947. Big deal!! The entire region was always bound together with cultural threads and has a shared history. What matters is that all Indians irrespective of the part of the country they come call themselves Indians first.

may be i am wrong. . But i dont think indians had the power to invade outside india. . . Their main strength was elephants . .and i don't think they had the ability to travel miles after miles in short time like the Arab invaders who used finest horse for the same purpose. . . . .It was also very difficult to pass mighty rivers such as indus and himalayas ,Hindu Kush.

They do it because they know Pakistan is an artificial state. They then try to prove the same for India.

When all else fails they claim that Pakistan is a civilizational state (ancient Pakistanis etc :lol:) and was the 'real' India

I 've observed several Pakistani members having very contradictory views about this whole civilization thing. Many of them are confused as to claim which heritage --- Ancient Indian or Arab Invader ...

On the other hand Indian are all uniform in that they claim only ancient Indian heritage -- no Arab , Central Asian , Mongolian heritage ...

I 've observed several Pakistani members having very contradictory views about this whole civilization thing. Many of them are confused as to claim which heritage --- Ancient Indian or Arab Invader ...

On the other hand Indian are all uniform in that they claim only ancient Indian heritage -- no Arab , Central Asian , Mongolian heritage ...

Its not their fault.. they have been told this in their school syllabus! You or me can't help them.

Sir you are telling me that in two of the empires which you mentioned the territory of Pakistan and part of Afganistan was included.

But using your technique i can show you more than ten Pre Islamic and Islamic empires which ruled what is now Pakistan and countries (and not india) and the countries to its west or to the north with the capitals to the west of today's Pakistan.

Two examples of pre Islamic empires in which Pakistan , countries to its west and only part of today's North West India was included

White Huns

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f7/Hephthalites500.png

Parthian empire

File:Parthia 001ad.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Examples of Muslim empires after the arrival of Islam, with countries including Pakistan, countries to its west and part of North Western India in some cases.

Ummayad Caliphate

http://www.ucalgary.ca/applied_history/tutor/imageislam/centralAsia661.gif
File:Age-of-caliphs.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ghaznavid Empire

File:Ghaznavid Empire 975 - 1187 (AD).PNG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ghaurid empire

File:Asia 1200ad.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If you came up with two examples i can come up with many more. Lets not get into a childish debate just because you are too brainwashed. Please Think sensibly before murdering the history of a sovereign country.

If you want to learn more on the differences between the histories of what is today Pakistan and India then please go through this very well researched article Differences between Pakistan and India

A few lines from it

"Pakistanis are a blend of their Harappan, Aryan, Persian, Greek, Saka, Parthian, Kushan, White Hun, Arab, Turkic, Afghan, and Mughal heritage. Waves of invaders and migrants settled down in Pakistan through out the centuries, influencing the locals and being absorbed among them.

Most Indians are a blend of their heritage of Dravidoid-Australoid hunters and gatherers, and Aryans (in north). Northwest Indians have a heritage from Harappans, Aryans, Sakas, and White Huns. Northeast Indians have a heritage based from Mongoloid hunters and gatherers."

I am sorry if you got offended because of all these facts but reality is reality.

There are a lot of misconceptions and irregularities in the thread.

The whole problem arises when calling names as India, Bharat, Hindustan.
India technically is not the name of the country.It was the name given to the land mass that collided with Asian land mass during the plate tectonic movement also which formed himalayas during the collision.

For the sake of simplicity westerners called sub-continent as Indian Subcontinent and latter called as India( including Pak and B`Desh).
But for historians and archelogists the very same land mass is used to called as Bharat, land ruled by Bharata.He was the first and very Emperor that ruled the whole sub-continent including parts of central asia and Afghanistan...... well to go by all the current day cities were mentioned in Mahabharata thousands of years ago.
EpicIndia.jpg

After Bharata the whole kingdom was divided into parts to be ruled by sons, sons of sons,.......... When a king has 4 sons, the kingdom was divided into 4 on the basis of their understandings.It was also known as Kuru Vamsyam. Later ended with sons and grandsons of pandavas.

and now if we have to go by Archeological evidences, proofs has been found of the western coast of India of an submerged city(once Known as Dwaraka) supossedly more than 10,000 years old.
To put this to much more perspective, After Bharata it took nearly 16 generations to reach Pandavas and Kauravas.This is when Krishna known to exist.
During all these years the once great kingdom was again split into pieces and was later united under Duryodhana of Kauravas.And still there were numerous small kingdoms who allied Duryodhana.
So they have been fighting wars all these years and formed empires and then getting split and regaining control ,........ It was more like a Fission and Fussion happening one after another.
But after Bharata no one controlled the whole territory.

According to archelogists there was a pause in the development of civilisation for some couple of thousands of years. Well this can be attributed to the change in YUGA. At the end of every yuga something horible happens( either war/natural disaster) and reduces the population to less than a 3rd.
During this phase all those bad vanishes while only good survives to the next YUGA to continue the human existance and pass-on those Vedas.Hence technically This Kaliyuga is only 6-7000 years old.
Again started with brith of nations and wars to gain control of whole landmass.
In this new age it was only Maurya who gained control of the majority of landmass and later his grandson Ashoka who put everything together and later became buddhist.And for the next 1000 years the entire kingdom got split into different nations on the basis of our old Fission theory.
Then came foreign ( non-hindu) invaders. which later paved the way for christian invaders.,.......And was later united under Brits and was called as India.

This is a brief history of Bharat untill it became India.
People in Bharatavarsha fought each to gain control of much larger territory.There were invasions in the sub-continent when no one heard of any civilisation in the west.

Inshort, I would like to add my 2 cents is: We are not knowledgable enough to dig the right history of a great civilisation ,let alone commenting it.

I bet anyone that if a life time of a person if good enough to dig everything and decipher the whole hisotry of a more than 10,000 year old civilisation.

Peace..........and Good night.

Back
Top Bottom