What's new

Mystery Move Of Army Units To Delhi! Coup Rehearsal?

January 16 , Is it?

Pretty scary .. even more units were seen moving towards the Capital a week later.

People got panicky , then they realised it was for the Republic Day Parade.;)

Maybe but wouldn't the govt have been notified in that case?

This rag tag circus comprising the CRPF, ITBP Police etc will be mincemeat if they try anything stupid against the army! You really think these untrained pot bellied police forces can fight the Indian Army? Jeeez! You gotta be kidding me!
lol-031.gif

Refer post# 34

From that info I'm guessing your city is trivandrum? Are you sure there is a BSF camp there?

In any case I don't see what any number of police units can do against a mechanised infantry formation.

Yes there is a BSF camp here (under construction) but BSF soldiers are camped in CRPF camp. Also the IA cantonment in my city is infantry. Its mainly R & R place for IA.

Yes, and I didn't expect the Indian express to stoop so low.

Lets see what action IE takes against this reporter and editor who authorized its publication.

Yes there is a BSF camp here (under construction) but BSF soldiers are camped in CRPF camp. Also the IA cantonment in my city is infantry. Its mainly R & R place for IA.

What is the BSF going to do in trivandrum, so far away from any border? I wish these central paramilitary units would stick to their mandate and do that well.

Maybe but wouldn't the govt have been notified in that case?

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) has denied the reports published in the media on Wednesday (April 4) which suggested that two units of the Indian Army had made a non notified and unexpected movement towards New Delhi. Defence Secretary Shashikant Sharma has rubbished the suggestions made in the report and said that all troop movements were routine.

A defence spokesperson categorically denied the reports telling TIMES NOW that the report was baseless. Earlier a newspaper had reported that part of the Mechanised Unit from the 33rd Armoured Division based in Hissar and an element of the 50 Para Brigade based in New Delhi had made non-notified movements towards New Delhi.

Govt & Army rubbish 'spook' story

Report on suspicious army movement baseless: Govt

Yes, and I didn't expect the Indian express to stoop so low.

India has become like Pakistan, it enjoys the news entertainment more than actual entertainment and so such things need to be created now and then.

Given the state of the nation, I wonder if I would welcome a coup. A military takeover stands against everything this country is supposed to be - and it is a shame that thanks to the political crop in India, I am led to wonder if I would be for or against a military coup.

India has become like Pakistan, it enjoys the news entertainment more than actual entertainment and so such things need to be created now and then.

I think it is more because of the changing face of the media than the changing mindset of the consumers of the media. Now there is such stiff competition in the media, and there are so many news outlets all in cut-throat competition, that they have to capitalise on any situation to sensationalise it and sell more copies of their newspaper (or increase their TV ratings). So now that there is a small controversy regarding army-MoD relations, somebody decided that it would be a good idea to manufacture news about an attempted coup to sell more. We need to evolve better checks on the media to ensure that such unethical practices don't happen, and if they do, the people who do it must be punished appropriately.

Maximum freedom to the media to publish real news and opinions, zero tolerance for fabricated nonsense should be the guideline.

I think the Army does not have to clarify this to the general public or for the wachko news paper that published this. They should explain their innocence to Government of INDIA and GoI should revoke the licence of these news papers that pubished this crap of accusing the army of a coup
What if really the coup takes place you never know sudden move towards capital with such huge arms like Tanks and other stuff is not a joke Sir even if it is drill they should have at least told head of Media houses and should have told them to shut up because it is just a drill just a sudden move what else do you expect journalists to report at least in this case ?

For the record, the closest India came to a coup was when Indira Gandhi declared an emergency and from what I remember correctly summoned Maneckshaw and asked him if he was indeed contemplating a coup.

I stand corrected -

'When are you taking over', Indira asked Sam amid coup fears | mydigitalfc.com

And he categorically denied anything like that, with characterestic wit. He said, "You have a long nose, so have I. I don't poke my nose in other people's affairs."

So no, India was not any closer to a military coup under Sam Manekshaw than at any other time it has been in its history.

Added later: Your self correction happened while I was replying.

I think it is more because of the changing face of the media than the changing mindset of the consumers of the media. Now there is such stiff competition in the media, and there are so many news outlets all in cut-throat competition, that they have to capitalise on any situation to sensationalise it and sell more copies of their newspaper (or increase their TV ratings). So now that there is a small controversy regarding army-MoD relations, somebody decided that it would be a good idea to manufacture news about an attempted coup to sell more. We need to evolve better checks on the media to ensure that such unethical practices don't happen, and if they do, the people who do it must be punished appropriately.

Maximum freedom to the media to publish real news and opinions, zero tolerance for fabricated nonsense should be the guideline.

What would have happened if the public would have reacted in favor of the coup fed up of a corrupt government? A cheering crowd can corrupt minds of people with the power of a gun.

Such sensationalism should be discouraged if it can't be made a criminal act altogether.

What if really the coup takes place you never know sudden move towards capital with such huge arms like Tanks and other stuff is not a joke Sir even if it is drill they should have at least told head of Media houses and should have told them to shut up because it is just a drill just a sudden move what else do you expect journalists to report at least in this case ?

No, they don't need to tell all the media houses, they only need to inform the govt, which they did. That's who they are answerable to.

And by the way, if it really was an attemtep coup, they wouldn't stop, turn around and go back when the govt tells them to. At least the journalist who published this crap should have thought of that.

This is what the journo thinks: Thousands of troops in IFVs/APCs and para formations were moving to the capital to take over the govt, then the govt saw that and told them to go back, so they said "Oops! Busted!" and went back.

Yeah, right.

What would have happened if the public would have reacted in favor of the coup fed up of a corrupt government? A cheering crowd can corrupt minds of people with the power of a gun.

nope....we stiil have brains...and a Voter ID card with a very bad quality picture... :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom