What's new

Mystery Move Of Army Units To Delhi! Coup Rehearsal?

Not going to happen :(
this is just some baseless story ,
But if given the choice between Army coup and a Corrupt government i will choose Army coup .

No, they don't need to tell all the media houses, they only need to inform the govt, which they did. That's who they are answerable to.

And by the way, if it really was an attemtep coup, they wouldn't stop, turn around and go back when the govt tells them to. At least the journalist who published this crap should have thought of that.

This is what the journo thinks: Thousands of troops in IFVs/APCs and para formations were moving to the capital to take over the govt, then the govt saw that and told them to go back, so they said "Oops! Busted!" and went back.

Yeah, right.
Sir suddenly a city which never sees such thing except parade sees thousands of troops Tanks and other stuff roaming in the city and you expect media men to act blind are you kidding ?

This is what the journo thinks: Thousands of troops in IFVs/APCs and para formations were moving to the capital to take over the govt, then the govt saw that and told them to go back, so they said "Oops! Busted!" and went back.

Yeah, right.

wouldn't that be a funny sight???? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

What would have happened if the public would have reacted in favor of the coup fed up of a corrupt government? A cheering crowd can corrupt minds of people with the power of a gun.

Such sensationalism should be discouraged if it can't be made a criminal act altogether.

From what I know, democratic values are too well entrenched in the Indian psyche to let something like that happen. But you are right, cheering crowds and prospects of temporary fame can corrupt the minds of the best of men/women. I'm guessing though that the Indian army as a whole is immune to such temptations, so even if a few mid ranking officers get swayed, they won't be able to mobilise the entire army with them. But the danger is always there, and as you say, people who manufacture such "news" should be taken to task and made an example of, so that nobody else does this in future.

Sir suddenly a city which never sees such thing except parade sees thousands of troops Tanks and other stuff roaming in the city and you expect media men to act blind are you kidding ?

Thats not what happened. These troops never entered delhi, nobody even knew about this until this report was published. The journo was not reproting what he saw, he was merely (as he says) relaying information from his sources. In my opinion, he was making it up. Nobody in delhi (the civilians, that is) saw any tanks or APCs roaming about on the said day.

What if Singh would have been swayed - if Singh wants a coup he should technically get a coup otherwise its a mutiny.

Military officer is bred with the concept of "Ours is not to question why, but to do and die".

What is the BSF going to do in trivandrum, so far away from any border? I wish these central paramilitary units would stick to their mandate and do that well.

Actually they have 3 in Kerala..2 camps and 1 HQ

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: The BSF, the para-military force which had made its presence felt in the state a month ago, is all set to set up its camp at Nadapuram in Kozhikode. When it is realised, the camp will be BSF’s second one in the state, the first being in Thrissur last month. The BSF had already started its functions in the state with its headquarters at Thiruvananthapuram.

BSF to set up new camp at Nadapuram - Full News

What if Singh would have been swayed - if Singh wants a coup he should technically get a coup otherwise its a mutiny.

Military officer is bred with the concept of "Ours is not to question why, but to do and die".

I'm guessing you mean gen VK singh - otherwise there are too many singhs in the IA to count! Well, even if he is swayed, he is still one man - and despite that quotation of yours, I think all officers are within their rights to disregard illegal orders. In the US army, they are expected to disregard an order they know to be illegal, so that they can't shirk responsibility for torture or other malpracticrs by claiming that they were merely following orders. I'm not sure if that applies in the IA too, but I expect it does, especially when it is something as serious as taking over one's own country.

P.S: The original quote from tennyson is "Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die!". I'm pointing out this minor clarification only because it is from one of my favorite poems, "The charge of the light brigade."

According to the latest reports, there are more troops deployed in and around Delhi than the total number of troops that was supposedly moving towards Delhi.

All the peoples of SA have suffered for generations at the hands of Indian politicians. They, more than anyone else, have been instrumental in causing the slaughter and destruction that we have been witnessing. Only an upright soldier taking over the reigns of India can bring peace to SA.

To me, that makes as much sense as a naval base in Bhopal. Maybe it's the govt's fault, they have been using the BSF for anti naxal activity, security during elections etc, despite these not being part of their mandate or training.

May be they have, just as you were surprised at finding BSF in one of the least expected places...Kerala

\
Do you have any source ?

Just heard it on TV, will check for details.

This is called khaali peeli sensationalism by Indian media
Spot on! Shekhar Gupta, the author of this piece of info is the most arrogant anti army specimen this side of the Suez! Each time I see his mug on the idiot screen I get convulsions and the uncontrollable urge to kick his bl00dy a$$! He thinks he's God's own fart!

And now he's chewed his own balls by making this look like a conspiracy that screams 'coup'!! I hope he's put in the cooler for this clap trap!
woman.gif

Back
Top Bottom