What's new

Mysterious Flying Animal Spotted in S.W. China Cave

TaiShang

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China

A Sino-France joint scientific research team has spotted a squirrel-like animal in Shuanghe Cave, southwest China's Guizhou province. The animal's abdomen is connected by loose skin with its four limbs. When it stretches its limbs, that part of its skin spreads like wings, which allows the animal to glide between places. The team thus nicknamed it a "flying cat." CCTV News initially identified the "flying cat" as the complex-toothed flying squirrel (trogopterus xanthipes). But it was later corrected as the red and white giant flying squirrel (petaurista alborufus). [Photo: weibo.com]

A Sino-France joint scientific research team has spotted a squirrel-like animal in Shuanghe Cave, southwest China's Guizhou province. [Photo: weibo.com]

A Sino-France joint scientific research team has spotted a squirrel-like animal in Shuanghe Cave, southwest China's Guizhou province. [Photo: weibo.com]

A Sino-France joint scientific research team has spotted a squirrel-like animal in Shuanghe Cave, southwest China's Guizhou province. The animal's abdomen is connected by loose skin with its four limbs. When it stretches its limbs, that part of its skin spreads like wings, which allows the animal to glide between places. The team thus nicknamed it a "flying cat." CCTV News initially identified the "flying cat" as the complex-toothed flying squirrel (trogopterus xanthipes). But it was later corrected as the red and white giant flying squirrel (petaurista alborufus). [Photo: weibo.com]

Oh God, it's so ADORABLE!.
I'm making this my profile pic.

My heart melted, thanks, my day couldn't get any better.:happy:

rwgfs-MrMeap.png

Very good, then mine wasn't wasted either! :-)

Tay.

Back
Top Bottom