What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

T
We have 4 types of standard rifles called MA series. like MA- 1, MA- 2,MA- 3 and MA- 4 etc.
May be this ref can help u for understanding the naming system of the rifles. In fact, this ref was already posted at the first pages of this forum. So I do not elaborate more. U can check for more.
View attachment 637309
View attachment 637314
View attachment 637315
View attachment 637316
It was modifying over the last 5 years. the modified one MA-2.
View attachment 637317
Now, MA series have been shifted to completely new generation called MA series mk2. Hope to issue in coming years.

View attachment 637324
View attachment 637323
View attachment 637322
View attachment 637321

For uniforms, media focus to get that kind of photos. It could be news that can cover as ျခစားေနေသာ အဘမ်ား stories.
secondly, အၾကာၾကီး ၀တ္ရရင္ အဆင္မေျပဘူး ၾကားတယ္။ က်ည္ကာကကလည္း ေလးေနတုန္းပဲ။ ျပီးေတာ့ ေတာထဲ အၾကားၾကီး ပစ္ထားတာဆိုေတာ့ ေပါ့ပါးတာပဲ ေရြးၾကေတာ့တာ။ အေမရိကန္ေတြလဲ ေတာထဲ ၆လ ၁ ႏွစ္ ထားခံရရင္ အာ့ပုံ ေပါာက္လာမွာပဲ။ အဓိကက တပ္ကို ေထာက္ပို့ ေသခ်ာလုပ္ဖို့နဲ့ တပ္ေတြ ေသခ်ာလဲလွယ္နိုင္ဖို့ လိုတာ။

BTR is not compatible for road of arakan. too large. SPH is using in the fight with AA. Transport choppers are also using for supplies. Army just dont disclose not to get more pressure. They also try to use MLRS but that news spreads out via many so-called rohingya lobbies and then covered in UN reports, ending up more pressures on gov. There are many limitations in fighting against rebels in arakan state.

outdated ideology of A ba myar.bro cant save anymore. lol

Thanks for explaining bro. We shld at least have some showcase of what we are capable of. I’m just tired all the barbs by other countries.

T

Thanks for explaining bro. We shld at least have some showcase of what we are capable of. I’m just tired all the barbs by other countries.
The Tatmadaw is partially like North Korea. It is still a secretive regime not open to the world. Tatmadaw has some state secretw which civilians might not know.

We have 4 types of standard rifles called MA series. like MA- 1, MA- 2,MA- 3 and MA- 4 etc.
May be this ref can help u for understanding the naming system of the rifles. In fact, this ref was already posted at the first pages of this forum. So I do not elaborate more. U can check for more.
View attachment 637309
View attachment 637314
View attachment 637315
View attachment 637316
It was modifying over the last 5 years. the modified one MA-2.
View attachment 637317
Now, MA series have been shifted to completely new generation called MA series mk2. Hope to issue in coming years.

View attachment 637324
View attachment 637323
View attachment 637322
View attachment 637321

For uniforms, media focus to get that kind of photos. It could be news that can cover as ျခစားေနေသာ အဘမ်ား stories.
secondly, အၾကာၾကီး ၀တ္ရရင္ အဆင္မေျပဘူး ၾကားတယ္။ က်ည္ကာကကလည္း ေလးေနတုန္းပဲ။ ျပီးေတာ့ ေတာထဲ အၾကားၾကီး ပစ္ထားတာဆိုေတာ့ ေပါ့ပါးတာပဲ ေရြးၾကေတာ့တာ။ အေမရိကန္ေတြလဲ ေတာထဲ ၆လ ၁ ႏွစ္ ထားခံရရင္ အာ့ပုံ ေပါာက္လာမွာပဲ။ အဓိကက တပ္ကို ေထာက္ပို့ ေသခ်ာလုပ္ဖို့နဲ့ တပ္ေတြ ေသခ်ာလဲလွယ္နိုင္ဖို့ လိုတာ။

BTR is not compatible for road of arakan. too large. SPH is using in the fight with AA. Transport choppers are also using for supplies. Army just dont disclose not to get more pressure. They also try to use MLRS but that news spreads out via many so-called rohingya lobbies and then covered in UN reports, ending up more pressures on gov. There are many limitations in fighting against rebels in arakan state.

outdated ideology of A ba myar.bro cant save anymore. lol
After this year's election, the next group of generals will be younger so hopefully, they will do better.

If i am not wrong we have to use limited firepower in civil war due to some geneva convention stuffs. Every wrong move will make those libtards and victim players go full nuts. As for BTR it also depends on the battle field i guess. We utilised few of them during laukking battle and even provide fire support to some extent. Not an expert but for rakhine case, it looks like terrain is limiting the use of heavy vehicles.
I know our boys are issued Kevlar vests and helmets with new uniforms. Why is it that every combat footage or photo I see from the frontline, it’s guys in Manchester United tees and shorts without Kevlar vests and sometimes no helmets.

can someone prove me wrong and tell me this is no longer the case? We can’t have a standard professional army dream when we can’t even keep up our fucking appearances.

also where are the 300 BTRs and armoured vehicles that we have in inventory? Where’s all the SPGs or even artillery batteries when we are fighting against the insurgents? Where’s the transport helicopters to Ensure supply lines and medevacs?

please really give me some hope that we didn’t just buy this equipment for the sake of buying them. Please tell me we didn’t spent millions of dollars just for them to collect dust.

also why is the DI products look so outdated half the time? Sure it does a good job especially with the new MA rifles. But what about the Kevlar vests? The boots, the uniforms? The bags?There’s countless examples that u can simply search online if u can’t find inspiration

if u want to see how other people make them then we have a fucking factory from Yakeda making military items.

even private shops and military surplus stores are able to sew better looking items in then the DI. Please tell me we have items in the works to maintain our pride and dignity.

we are already the joke of ASEAN due to how our troops look like they came straight out of the first gulf war. Or even worse, looks like jihadists in the Middle East. Hell, they are probably better equipped in terms of personal gear.

please tell me this is gonna change. I’m just sick and tired of fuckers from other countries putting us down due to how our troops look

Platoon outpost of myanmar near Myanmar BD border.
Adjustments.JPG

lol from where ? dont be pretended like ur know everything. yes. every time I see ur posts I also laugh out loud. like this brainwashed guy is again pretending he know everything. but sad i cant help u. lol
I know more than you guys at least. It's the benefit of living in free society maybe you should try it. Oh, wait?

Also a Burmese accusing someone of being brainwashed is just rich. Let me guess you believe the tatmadaw are competent professional forces & that they committed no genocide or warcrimes?

If you say yes to the two then you are without a doubt brainwashed.

I know our boys are issued Kevlar vests and helmets with new uniforms. Why is it that every combat footage or photo I see from the frontline, it’s guys in Manchester United tees and shorts without Kevlar vests and sometimes no helmets.

can someone prove me wrong and tell me this is no longer the case? We can’t have a standard professional army dream when we can’t even keep up our fucking appearances.

also where are the 300 BTRs and armoured vehicles that we have in inventory? Where’s all the SPGs or even artillery batteries when we are fighting against the insurgents? Where’s the transport helicopters to Ensure supply lines and medevacs?

please really give me some hope that we didn’t just buy this equipment for the sake of buying them. Please tell me we didn’t spent millions of dollars just for them to collect dust.

also why is the DI products look so outdated half the time? Sure it does a good job especially with the new MA rifles. But what about the Kevlar vests? The boots, the uniforms? The bags?There’s countless examples that u can simply search online if u can’t find inspiration

if u want to see how other people make them then we have a fucking factory from Yakeda making military items.

even private shops and military surplus stores are able to sew better looking items in then the DI. Please tell me we have items in the works to maintain our pride and dignity.

we are already the joke of ASEAN due to how our troops look like they came straight out of the first gulf war. Or even worse, looks like jihadists in the Middle East. Hell, they are probably better equipped in terms of personal gear.

please tell me this is gonna change. I’m just sick and tired of fuckers from other countries putting us down due to how our troops look
It's not just about the equipment its about the training, knowledge & the mentality to go with it. Philippines army are less armed & equipped compared to the tatmadaw but they are a more competent forces & in a fight between the two the PA would utterly humiliate the tatmadaw.

Tatmadaw are called a peasant army for a reason I'm willing to bet a large percentage of them are not even literate due to them still using press gang to recruit people & you want to give a BTR to them? Good luck to you, sir.

I know more than you guys at least. It's the benefit of living in free society maybe you should try it. Oh, wait?

Also a Burmese accusing someone of being brainwashed is just rich. Let me guess you believe the tatmadaw are competent professional forces & that they committed no genocide or warcrimes?

If you say yes to the two then you are without a doubt brainwashed.

lol yeh. you know everything sitting idle in somewhere else outside Myanmar. at least it is obvious that u have been brainwashed by ur own ego and turn blind eye what we are facing in reality. I feel pitty for u mr.knoweverything. but i feel like no need to waste my time just for such a brainwashed people. so be happy in ignore list. bye bye.

Since keyboard warrioring seems to be your profession you should come here and challenge 1v1 fist fight with random soldier. Maybe you can prove your point if you win lmao.
Man i love how our military can make some random fagtard butthurt out of no where lol.

Chill my man this is a group for some firearm/military enthusiasts having open discussions on stuffs.

If you hate us that much why dont you cry over on twitter where more burmese haters like you gather lol.

Go play victim there LMAO.
It's not just about the equipment its about the training, knowledge & the mentality to go with it. Philippines army are less armed & equipped compared to the tatmadaw but they are a more competent forces & in a fight between the two the PA would utterly humiliate the tatmadaw.

Tatmadaw are called a peasant army for a reason I'm willing to bet a large percentage of them are not even literate due to them still using press gang to recruit people & you want to give a BTR to them? Good luck to you, sir.

I seriously don’t get the salt man. So what if our military guys are peasant army? I mean at this point even us are exasperated with some of the incompetencies and uselessness of the brass at times.

standard army my *** if they can’t even change the war crimes mindset of the army.

we’re here to only discuss firearms and new military equipments. Not fanatic and down on our knees sucking military cock

It’s not incompetence, most of it is also corruption. When the original ceasefire agreements were signed it was to work towards peace. But both the tatmadaw and the insurgents turned to drug trafficking to make money. And this culture is still prelavant today.

to be honest I pity the boots on the ground. These guys are just normal people like u and me doing their jobs. But they get *** fucked by the brass most of the time whos more interested in lining their pockets.

heard this is changing but it is not obvious yet...

new-project-17__1572519750.jpg

Myanmar – The land of Pagodas and Gold
Myanmar, a not-so-common destination, holds several surprises for a new traveler. Here is what to look forward in the land of Pagodas and Gold

Author Name: Edvin VarghesePublish Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 16:32:30 +0530

Looking for inexpensive air tickets is one of my favourite pastimes. From Skyscanner, an app to look for cheaper tickets, I recently found that Indigo has started a new flight from Kolkata to Yangon, the commercial capital of Myanmar which was previously called Rangoon. (It's not just the Indians, the Burmese have also been renaming their cities after they gained independence from the British in 1948). I could get a return ticket for twelve thousand rupees.

Myanmar is quite an inexpensive country. The costs are less than half for similar services you find in India. It is also very clean. People are friendly. Not many Indians have started visiting Myanmar, so you are likely to stand out, but that’s okay because you are likely to enjoy the attention the local population pays you.

img_20191027_102524.jpg

The Burmese culture and language have evolved over the years and they have a strong Indian influence. Myanmar was a vassal state to many Indian empires especially the Mauryan empire, the Pallava empire, and the Kadamba empire. We can still see the strong influence these empires have created in the local life.

There are many cultural similarities between the culture of Tamilnadu and Myanmar. The men wear longyi (like the lungi worn by Tamils and Malayalees); women apply turmeric or Tanaka to their faces in the morning, local people eat dosa for breakfast, and jasmine flowers are offered in temples and pagodas. There are also many Murugan temples in Myanmar. The people are obsessed with gold and the colour of gold.

img_20191019_172353.JPG

People seem to have some amount of discipline in Myanmar. Traffic is a bit orderly in the big cities. Even construction workers eat their lunch in a disciplined way, at least in big cities like Yangon.

For those who enjoy seafood, Myanmar is a little heaven. Many eateries suit all budgets and the prices are comfortable for a backpacker. Myanmar has a long coastline and the Rakhine (a coastal state) food is very popular among the locals.

img_20191024_085132.jpg

The religion in Myanmar before the advent of Emperor Ashoka’s Buddhism is difficult to guess. There are still some temples dedicated to the early pagan or tribal religions in the remote parts of Myanmar.

img_20191018_064653.jpg

Even though a British colony, vehicles in Myanmar drive on the right; there are only a few British colonies in the world where they drive on the right.

There are very few educational institutions in Myanmar. Most of the learning used to happen in Buddhist monasteries. Western education that is science-based is a recent phenomenon. Salaries for teachers are good and the teachers command a lot of respect.
The Myanmar national museum in Yangon has many historic artefacts which are not normally found in Indian museums. There were prehistoric fossils of many sea animals, Stegdon tusks, bones and teeth. Some of the fossils are dated from 55 million years.

There is a majestic Lion Throne in the main museum. The British had taken (looted) it to their imperial capital (Kolkota) once they conquered Burma in 1885. It was returned to Myanmar by Jawaharlal Nehru in 1948 when Myanmar gained its independence from Britain.

VIP culture is quite prevalent all over the country. You can see VIP areas and priority seats marked in public areas -- a possible British legacy. Safety is sometimes taken for granted in Myanmar. The buses occasionally meet with accidents on long trips to the northern cities from Yangon.

It was interesting to find that there aren’t any safety demonstrations on domestic flights. Everybody boarded, and the flight just took off.
The banking system in Myanmar is just developing. Cash is still king. Credit and debit cards are only accepted in modern shopping malls.

img_20191024_105238.jpg

There are still no more than a 1000 ATMs in the country. At the beginning of 2012, there were none. Since the Burmese are keen on gold, most of the Burmese families keep some amount of gold at home. It won't be a bad idea for an entrepreneur from India to start a gold lending business. There are some microfinance companies in Yangon.

Myanmar has some of the purest gemstones and oldest forms of amber available in the world. Amber is an ancient tree sap fossilized and crystallized into a precious stone. It is used in jewellery and traditional medicine. Some amber stones have insects embedded in them. There is even a little amber museum in Yangon for you to check out.

There is no tipping anywhere in Myanmar. People just don't expect it. They give you change back to the last kyat. There are still many villages in the country without electricity. Solar lighting is provided in most of the tourist areas. If you are going off track, it's a good idea to buy a battery-based torch. Also, in the dark, it is a great way to look at the naked sky to see the stars and sometimes even the milky way.

img_20191024_065242.jpg

People in Myanmar are obsessed with cleanliness. While travelling in Bagan (a northern city where there are many ancient monuments), my guide was seen cleaning the pagodas which were made dirty by the visiting tourists.

Wearing slippers and longyi to offices or public areas is accepted and even encouraged by the locals. So if you are travelling from South India, do not forget to carry your lungie. You can easily merge with the local population and become one among them.

(Edvin Varghese is a Bangalore-based entrepreneur. Travelling to remote places to understand its culture and people is his passion.)

Myanmar Air Force Fokker 70 landing and Takeoff from Kathmandu

Back
Top Bottom