What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

SY-400 cannot do much against BD. SY-400 is not even a SRBM. It is a tactical BM.
It does not matter we have hundreds of long-range artillery and hundreds of MLRS. As you said SY 400 is a tactical BM so it plays no major role in a possible war.

It does not matter we have hundreds of long-range artillery and hundreds of MLRS. As you said SY 400 is a tactical BM so it plays no major role in a possible war.
Only time will tell. Just for the record your conventional army is also not that much good in the neighborhood. Thai army is hundred times stronger than Burmese army.

We definitely need more transport helicopters. We also need to change our doctrine in countering insurgencies... especially when AA fights like the Vietcong and the Malayan communist emergency.

Tried and proven methods like the American firebases with heavy fortifications on three to six batteries with transport helicopter pads to supply and support troops in the jungle.

The British methods of isolating and concentrating local villages and towns to deny insurgents or their base of operations and support.

I don’t see any of this happening with current doctrine. What I see is make a shoddy base along a predetermined frontline against an rebel group.

this isn’t going to work against AA who finds support in the local Rakhine population. So we need to isolate each village and town and city with heavy Guards to deny them this.

fire bases with patrols and offences in the jungle to dry out the AA troops.

what the Americans failed to account for in the Vietnam war was the sheer number of Vietcong and NVA to fight a war of body count. We can fight a war of body counts. After all AA only have 6000 active soldiers officially.

Those rebels using standard backppack, while i see several wicker baskets on the ground seems Myanmar army own.
The tatmadaw are peasant army in training, equipment & mentality. I am more surprised those guys didn't managed to kill themselves yet.

The tatmadaw are peasant army in training, equipment & mentality. I am more surprised those guys didn't managed to kill themselves yet.
Tatmadaw has huge number of child and old soldiers. These soldiers can never fight a war with its neighbour if conflict arises.

Some Burmese members like @tarpitz thinks they have sufficient equipment for engaging in battle with its neighbours. However the truth is 6 SU-30 and 16 JF-17 cannot do anything. Also their ground forces have old equipment which is needed to be replaced.

Basically quantity and quality wise Myanmar is still lagging behind.

Also Myanmar does not realise that Bangladesh ground forces is equal to Myanmar ground forces. Even Bangladesh army's soldiers are better trained than the Burmese ground forces. The navy of BD has also an edge over Burmese navy. Bangladesh Air force is now weak but it can compensate because Myanmar's 6 SU-30 and 16 JF-17 is not a huge fleet of aircraft.

So this is an eye opener for Burmese members who thinks their army can defeat or sustain a war.

Tatmadaw has huge number of child and old soldiers. These soldiers can never fight a war with its neighbour if conflict arises.

Some Burmese members like @tarpitz thinks they have sufficient equipment for engaging in battle with its neighbours. However the truth is 6 SU-30 and 16 JF-17 cannot do anything. Also their ground forces have old equipment which is needed to be replaced.

Basically quantity and quality wise Myanmar is still lagging behind.

Also Myanmar does not realise that Bangladesh ground forces is equal to Myanmar ground forces. Even Bangladesh army's soldiers are better trained than the Burmese ground forces. The navy of BD has also an edge over Burmese navy. Bangladesh Air force is now weak but it can compensate because Myanmar's 6 SU-30 and 16 JF-17 is not a huge fleet of aircraft.

So this is an eye opener for Burmese members who thinks their army can defeat or sustain a war.

Bd army is much more competent surely, standard personel equipments wise, the training facilities and doctrine they have are cut above what Myanmar can offer right now. And they are professional voluntary soldiers, not a conscript ones. The desertion rates of Myanmar soldier is quite alarming too

Well, so true. When shit hit the fan, all of the rest will crumble

Those rebels using standard backppack, while i see several wicker baskets on the ground seems Myanmar army own.

actually i have speak about this issue with one of the major in the army 2 years go.
he said they use those baskets for transferring troops. (because it can carry more loadout than backpacks).
For combat or patrol mission, they use army issue backpacks like picture below.
Ct_-GyeWEAIHsh9.jpg

did you notice they rebel using the similar Myanmar army backpacks. Because they are the same. they purchase those backpacks from local military surplus store by third parties. (even local construction workers buy army boots because they are cheap and durable from those military surplus stores)

And do u know there is a different loadout for different mission in military theory?
for combat mission,
for recon mission,
for patrol mission,
for deployment mission.
because rebels have terrain advantage, they dont need heavy loadout.

For example, do u see Taliban with heavy backpacks or us soldiers with heavy backpacks.
that is a difference between soldiers and insurgents.

educational video for loadout.

The tatmadaw are peasant army in training, equipment & mentality.
When shit hit the fan, all of the rest will crumble

like the Vietnamese army.

Only time will tell. Just for the record your conventional army is also not that much good in the neighborhood. Thai army is hundred times stronger than Burmese army.

Are you a troll or what. if you comment like "a hundred times stronger" is either you are a troll or a idiot.

I acknowledge that Thailand is a bit stronger because they are richer. but not 100 times.
Screenshot 2020-05-31 at 2.52.46 PM.png

So tell me, how is thailand 100 time stronger.

Tatmadaw has huge number of child and old soldiers.
This is totally wrong. We have signed with Un organizations about this issues. and this kinds of issue can not be hidden from the eye of the media.

These soldiers can never fight a war with its neighbour if conflict arises.
well. handling with local insurgents would be quite different with conventional wars as the usable weapons are limited due to international pressure. but, in conventional war, it would be different. if u want to know, u urself can join to BA and try as only talk could not give u answer.

Are you a troll or what. if you comment like "a hundred times stronger" is either you are a troll or a idiot.

I aware that the intention of this guy is quite unclear. first, he come to MM forum with MM flag and later he changed to BD. Check his post in MM forum and BD forum.

Screenshot (358).png

In BD forum.
Screenshot (357).png

watch out this kind of guy. Dont leak out any sensitive issues to him.

This is totally wrong. We have signed with Un organizations about this issues. and this kinds of issue can not be hidden from the eye of the media.

well. handling with local insurgents would be quite different with conventional wars as the usable weapons are limited due to international pressure. but, in conventional war, it would be different. if u want to know, u urself can join to BA and try as only talk could not give u answer.

I aware that the intention of this guy is quite unclear. first, he come to MM forum with MM flag and later he changed to BD. Check his post in MM forum and BD forum.

View attachment 636929

In BD forum.
View attachment 636930

watch out this kind of guy. Dont leak out any sensitive issues to him.
Forget the flag. Well I'm from BD but I support Myanmar too because I'm a Buddhist minority.

actually i have speak about this issue with one of the major in the army 2 years go.
he said they use those baskets for transferring troops. (because it can carry more loadout than backpacks).
View attachment 636916

did you notice they rebel using the similar Myanmar army backpacks. Because they are the same. they purchase those backpacks from local military surplus store by third parties. (even local construction workers buy army boots because they are cheap and durable from those military surplus stores)

And do u know there is a different loadout for different mission in military theory?
for combat mission,
for recon mission,
for patrol mission,
for deployment mission.

For example, do u see Taliban with heavy backpacks or us soldiers with heavy backpacks.

I acknowledge that Thailand is a bit stronger because they are richer. but not 100 times.
View attachment 636922

I never saw this stats before tbh.

View attachment 636916

for combat mission,
for recon mission,
for patrol mission,
for deployment mission.

View attachment 636922

The amount of mental gymnastic here to justify an army that think using a wicker baskets is a good idea is so astounding that I wonder why none of u guys ever won gold.

Here's a link to see the actual state of the tatmadaw:

The Tatmadaw’s “small wars” were conducted by ill-equipped and always under-manned infantry battalions operating with only occasional artillery support at the end of shoe-string logistics lines reliant mainly on pack animals and human porters. Casualty evacuation was rare and the strain on morale a constant, corrosive challenge.

https://asiatimes.com/2019/12/understanding-the-myanmar-militarys-genocidal-mind/

The amount of mental gymnastic here to justify an army that think using a wicker baskets is a good idea is so astounding that I wonder why none of u guys ever won gold.

The Tatmadaw’s “small wars” were conducted by ill-equipped and always under-manned infantry battalions operating with only occasional artillery support at the end of shoe-string logistics lines reliant mainly on pack animals and human porters. Casualty evacuation was rare and the strain on morale a constant, corrosive challenge.

https://asiatimes.com/2019/12/understanding-the-myanmar-militarys-genocidal-mind/
May I ask you which country are you from?

So a citizen of a country protecting it's military had become a bad thing?
At the end of the day every inch the sovereignty of the county is being protected till this day from all degenarates.

Back
Top Bottom