What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

IMG_1894.JPG

Myanmar Army send medical aids to China Corona virus hit area.

I know we got the su 30 but would the mig 35 still be a better choice
https://www.janes.com/article/92082/russia-reveals-export-variant-mig-35

MIG 35 is a great in fact it's MIG 29 Fulcrum on steroids but when it comes to pay load, range, speed nothing beats Flanker.... If Myanmar already have or planning to get air refuellers then you have already got a fighter which gives you offensive reach even up to the Indian Ocean..... I had once read that Myanmar plans to buy around 30 flankers.... Hope it's true....

MIG 35 is a great in fact it's MIG 29 Fulcrum on steroids but when it comes to pay load, range, speed nothing beats Flanker.... If Myanmar already have or planning to get air refuellers then you have already got a fighter which gives you offensive reach even up to the Indian Ocean..... I had once read that Myanmar plans to buy around 30 flankers.... Hope it's true....

Each is optimized to different mission profile/performance to be fair...it just depends which kind of mission a country's airforce sees itself doing more (there is of course overlap given multirole these days)....if it cannot pick both.

Each is optimized to different mission profile/performance to be fair...it just depends which kind of mission a country's airforce sees itself doing more (there is of course overlap given multirole these days)....if it cannot pick both.

Yes true.... Myanmar is quite a big country with big maritime boundaries.... Flanker is a perfect choice for it however I feel if budget allows it should go for Flanker Fulcrum combo like India..... Apart from this if they have plans for mid air refuellers and AWACS in future then nothing like it....

Since the Su-25 is pretty much out of date. Could Myanmar get the Su-34 for ground attack. It would be batter then what we currently have for ground attack.

Back
Top Bottom