What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

yes. i just predicted what can come out from the projects. As we all know, Belarus itself is not ready for long range and developing a whole new one will cost us more and take time. I do agree that what we need is long range AD right now and but we can not expect from these projects. the longest range of their best missile is just 70 km which is the same with our KS-1M. if we want long range AD, should collab with China who has a vast exp of developing long range AD.
We might as well buy the S-300 or S-400 from Russia.

S300 is rumored to be paper tiger by the western fanboys but the system itself looks really promising tho.
Our navy really need proper AD system.
Current mounted IGLAs will be useless against any aircraft with decent countermeasures.
We might as well buy the S-300 or S-400 from Russia.

S300 is rumored to be paper tiger by the western fanboys but the system itself looks really promising tho.
Our navy really need proper AD system.
Current mounted IGLAs will be useless against any aircraft with decent countermeasures.

Myanmar needs to install proper AD system in the class of BARAK immediately.... God forbid if BD goes for Super Hornets or Typhoons then such systems are must for warships.... Myanmar has already taken impressive efforts to establish integrated battle system and I have no doubt that they have lethal air defence system for ships on plan....

I heard that the Myanmar naval personals training in Visakhapatnam has finished their training and has statrted operation of the Kilo sub on 06.01.2020.
For Myanmar member read below
Kilo ႀကီးေပၚကို (06.01.2020)ရက္ေန႔က
နံနက္ပိုင္းမွာ ျမန္မာေတြ စတင္တာဝန္ထမ္း
ေဆာင္...

ေရးသားသူ..ရဲထြဋ္ဦး

India ႏိုင္ငံ အေျခစိုက္စခန္းတစ္ခုျဖစ္ေသာ
Visakhapat တြင္ Submarine Course
တက္ေရာက္သင္ၾကား ေလ့က်င့္ေနၾကတဲ့
ျမန္မာတို႔၏ ပထမဦးဆုံးေသာ Submarine
Crew သည္ (06.01.2020)ရက္ေန႔တြင္
INS Sinfhuvir S58 ႀကီးေပၚသို႔
တက္ေရာက္၍ တာဝန္လႊဲေျပာင္းရယူ
လိုက္ျခင္းျဖင့္ သမိုင္းမွတ္တမ္း စိုက္ထူလိုက္သည္။

I heard that the Myanmar naval personals training in Visakhapatnam has finished their training and has statrted operation of the Kilo sub on 06.01.2020.
For Myanmar member read below
Kilo ႀကီးေပၚကို (06.01.2020)ရက္ေန႔က
နံနက္ပိုင္းမွာ ျမန္မာေတြ စတင္တာဝန္ထမ္း
ေဆာင္...

ေရးသားသူ..ရဲထြဋ္ဦး

India ႏိုင္ငံ အေျခစိုက္စခန္းတစ္ခုျဖစ္ေသာ
Visakhapat တြင္ Submarine Course
တက္ေရာက္သင္ၾကား ေလ့က်င့္ေနၾကတဲ့
ျမန္မာတို႔၏ ပထမဦးဆုံးေသာ Submarine
Crew သည္ (06.01.2020)ရက္ေန႔တြင္
INS Sinfhuvir S58 ႀကီးေပၚသို႔
တက္ေရာက္၍ တာဝန္လႊဲေျပာင္းရယူ
လိုက္ျခင္းျဖင့္ သမိုင္းမွတ္တမ္း စိုက္ထူလိုက္သည္။

Yes. It will be commissioned on / around 27 March.

Indian Navy Chief is in Myanmar.
Kilo sub is expected to be delivered during his trip.

Adjustments.JPG

Some thai media pin pointed the location of our sub somewhere in the myeik island according to the image that spread on facebook few weeks back. Maybe they predicted the potential location but the status and the location is best kept secret.

Ceremonies are just a PR formalities. Actual deployment is classified

yes. In the recent visit of India Navy chief he met President, Daw Aung San Su Kyi and many top military officials. Moreover, President of Myanmar has planned to go India in coming month as well. So I doubt that the visit of Navy Chief is just for formal chit chat.

Back
Top Bottom