What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

SLC 2 weapon locating radar of Myanmar Army.
SLC 2s were tested during the Battle of Lauk Kai in 2014 the results were very promising.
Myanmar currently operating as many as 27 SLC 2 radars.View attachment 481089
27 or may be more than that. :P
FB_IMG_1528866482566.jpg

Our soldiers helping alleviate flood damage to rural schools and communities,rebuilding houses and putting up flood barriers, providing food and medical checkups. I feel more proud seeing these than all the military equipment procurements on earth.
received_610565225985318.jpeg
received_610565709318603.jpeg
received_610565102651997.jpeg
received_610564439318730.jpeg
received_610564375985403.jpeg
received_610565625985278.jpeg
received_610565452651962.jpeg
received_610564279318746.jpeg
received_610565185985322.jpeg
received_610564389318735.jpeg
received_610565462651961.jpeg
received_610565142651993.jpeg
received_610564412652066.jpeg
received_610565479318626.jpeg
received_610565005985340.jpeg
received_610565639318610.jpeg

Russia's International Army Games: Six New Countries Are Joining The Competition
By Jason Lemon On 6/29/18 at 5:41 PM
This is a modal window.

No compatible source was found for this media.
World International Army Games
Six new countries will join Russia’s annual International Army Games for the first time this year.

When the games launch on July 28, Algeria, Vietnam, Myanmar, Pakistan, Sudan and the Philippines will join 26 other nations, bringing the total to 32, or “nearly a third more than last year,” Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu announced on Friday, state news agency Tass reported.

“It is a pleasure to see that the scope of competitions expand geographically and the list of participants grow,” Shoigu said. Along with Russia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, China and Kazakhstan, Iran and Armenia will serve as the competition's organizers, he explained.

The annual games, which this year will consist of 26 military contests as a spectator sport, were launched by Russia’s Ministry of Defense in 2015. They will take place in various Russian military training facilities within the country as well as several military bases abroad. Since the events’ inception, Russia has maintained a 100 percent record of victory. Last year China placed second and Kazakhstan came in third.

Ready to Go... T-72S
Myanmar will compete in Russia Army Game with their newly ordered T-72B3.
35482051_2098286547094738_6498777876718944256_n.jpg

MAF has been operating K 8 since 2000s. But not a single K 8 lost to crash.
3 of the most newest aircrafts of BAF lost in just few months.
What's yor opinion? @Aung Zaya

In my opinion they r pushing their limit with the cheap planes. Last time yak130 crash was also on a night flight. This time k8 was also on a night flight. Might be doing some extreme maneuver at night time that the planes are not capable of. Just a pleb opinion. Need more professional insights from you Mr @aungzaya

i think they may have problem in night operation training. both incidents happened in night time.Although pilot were saved in previous their Yak-130 , unfortunately Both pilots are died in recent K-8W crash. Assuming there are no human error (both are experienced sqd leader) and no error in plane ( a completely new ac ), they might have problems in their training programme and maintainance procedure. ? lets wait their report.

we should also be noted that it seem only one ejection seat was worked and another one was still inside the plane killing one pilot on the spot. So we , as an operator of K-8W, also should rechecked our planes in order to prevent from any incident like that.
In my opinion they r pushing their limit with the cheap planes. Last time yak130 crash was also on a night flight. This time k8 was also on a night flight. Might be doing some extreme maneuver at night time that the planes are not capable of. Just a pleb opinion. Need more professional insights from you Mr @aungzaya
nope. i'm not a professional bro. just a weapon enthusiast. just like u. bro. :D

By the way, do you have any idea why the navy build 135 m frigate bro, why not 115 m frigate ? Most modern frigate in neighboring countries are around 115 m and they carry modern VLS air defense system.. :what:

At the moment it is, however in less than 5 years certain neighbour would be operating 135+ m, 6000+ ton frigate. Beside it only take about 2 years to build single vessel, and there is enough construction & industrial capacity to build 2 vessel simultaneously if the need arise.

I can only speculate for now. It might be possible that BAF is not doing proper maintenance of their trainer jets. I do not see that their training book resulted for these incidents.
It might be possible that the pilots are practicing such a maneuver which is extremely dangerous or not compatible for the aircraft being used.
Another far stretch idea is that these all are just coincidences. Machines no matter new or old can instantaneously fail. However, this is not a believable reason. BAF report will clear the situation.

MAF needs to keep up their maintenance quality and has a good record to show for it.

BTW, when are JFT deliveries to be completed? I hope the conversion training has been completed by the MAF pilots.

I can only speculate for now. It might be possible that BAF is not doing proper maintenance of their trainer jets. I do not see that their training book resulted for these incidents.
It might be possible that the pilots are practicing such a maneuver which is extremely dangerous or not compatible for the aircraft being used.
Another far stretch idea is that these all are just coincidences. Machines no matter new or old can instantaneously fail. However, this is not a believable reason. BAF report will clear the situation.

MAF needs to keep up their maintenance quality and has a good record to show for it.

BTW, when are JFT deliveries to be completed? I hope the conversion training has been completed by the MAF pilots.
that's exactly what i thought. bro
it's obvious that BD face problems in training and maintanence procedures. may be thy are not familier with these types of trainers especially in night training. lets wait the report. bro

K-8W itself is a good trainers and can offer what we need in advanced training. we have a good number of them and intend to assemble more. bro

u means JF-17s ? we recieved 2 of them as far as i know. but they dont come out for even training. seem it may have to negotiate other things like upgrading the package or changing varients like JF-17B.

Back
Top Bottom