What's new

My very, very late introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bomb name but good willed words and a cheerful outlook?

It's the famed Good American!!! ???
We found it!
[ Best Calvin voice : -We're rich, we can buy whatever we want : Babes! ]

:rolleyes1: Glad to have you on board man although you're not really the first of your kind, :p:

Tay.

I beg to differ. All three branches are equally prestigious.

Many moons ago as a young Lt., I sat in a cold wet fox hole, in my own filth, in the dead of winter, with barely any food and very little water, for two and a half days. Till arty decided to lend a helping hand.

Did that make my job any less prestigious? I will never forget those two days. They were critical in making me who I am today.

You in the army? 2 and a half days ?

My cousin served 2 years in FATA (his posting was data khel) .. My father also served there .. One thing I know is that when our posts there were almost overtaken (by hundreds of these insects) .. We would immediately Sen ai support and if that wasn't available arty would pound those bastards..And send in reinforcement... Although there have been situations like that .... I remember one Army fort in South Waziriatan (back in 2008) that was under siege for 4 days .. The com systems were gone .. Th defenders held it or days before they sent in a chopper..

I wonder what happened in your case.

P.S: if your in the army .. You should be given the "military professional" tag or something. @waz.

The Navy is the most prestigious arm of any Military branch.
Depends on which nations. If you are talking about maritime powers like USA, Britain and Japan, then yes. If you are talking about continental nations like Russia, Pakistan and France, then i beg to differ. Sorry for off-topic :p:, cheers!

We had a run in, but that was only because she was deployed, hence my elongated absence from this website. Nothing I've said or will say on this forum is critical or classified.

Try spending months on a submarine! You'll be like:taz: after a few minutes.

Subs suck.. I have a frnd whose a submariner .. Lol he curses the day he joined the navy.

I you want comfort in the military join ASC (services/supply corps).. :lol:

You in the army? 2 and a half days ?

My cousin served 2 years in FATA (his posting was data khel) .. My father also served there .. One thing I know is that when our posts there were almost overtaken (by hundreds of these insects) .. We would immediately Sen ai support and if that wasn't available arty would pound those bastards..And send in reinforcement... Although there have been situations like that .... I remember one Army fort in South Waziriatan (back in 2008) that was under siege for 4 days .. The com systems were gone .. Th defenders held it or days before they sent in a chopper..

I wonder what happened in your case.

P.S: if your in the army .. You should be given the "military professional" tag or something. @waz.

Yes

It was the early '90s, radio with the jawan got shot. You might remember those huge briefcase like monsters on the back with an antenna sticking two feet above your head, telling everyone "shoot here."

Emboldened by the Presseler Amendment India went nuts. Sialkot border area was crap, with them playing target practice on us for no bloody reason! Alhumdulliah got through it safe and sound!

People don't believe me when I tell them this, but yes there have been incidents like mine and the one you mentioned.

@Indus Falcon

To you and all others who have served the nation .. respect. I have family members in the army but I always was to into the easy life and not cut out for the military life.

Welcome to PDF @AMDR :cheers:

I think it's great you want a career in the US military. before starting college, I seriously considered joining the USN. I'm still seriously considering it.

Welcome mate.:welcome:Your a solid member.
Now that i think of it i have never introduced myself formally even though its been 8 years.:P

Hey PDF, I'm almost 8 months late to introduce myself but better late than never, I guess.

I'm a 15 year old 'murican in high school with an interest in military stuff and geopolitics. If you have every been to the US military thread in the Americas forum, you probably know me. You might be asking yourself why in heck would a 15 year old kid be on a defense blog, and honestly I don't blame you because I ask myself the same question every time I get on this site. I can never sit still, I always have to know whats happening in the world around me, especially outside the US. Future plans are with the US military, I cant see myself doing anything else.
:usflag:

I hope to keep contributing to PDF in a positive way, and if you have any questions i'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.
:pdf:
Good to u, boy ... that curiousness to outside world will make u stronger & more intelligence.:tup:

Welcome to PDF
images

Good to u, boy ... that curiousness to outside world will make u stronger & more intelligence.:tup:

Its intelligent.

Hey PDF, I'm almost 8 months late to introduce myself but better late than never, I guess.

I'm a 15 year old 'murican in high school with an interest in military stuff and geopolitics. If you have every been to the US military thread in the Americas forum, you probably know me. You might be asking yourself why in heck would a 15 year old kid be on a defense blog, and honestly I don't blame you because I ask myself the same question every time I get on this site. I can never sit still, I always have to know whats happening in the world around me, especially outside the US. Future plans are with the US military, I cant see myself doing anything else.
:usflag:

I hope to keep contributing to PDF in a positive way, and if you have any questions i'll try to answer them to the best of my ability.
:pdf:

Even I joined when I was 15 helped a lot to increase my knowelge

Intelligent

Hello everyone..My name is Faisal Rehman and I am giving my introduction after 6-7 yrs..I am software engineer working in a private bank. Love to watch defence and economocal news specially when anything good happens in Pakistan :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom