Lenovo y70 touch
PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Windows 8.1
NVIDIA® GTX-860M with 4G VRAM
8 gb ram
1 TB HDD
1920 x 1080 17.3" screen.

Nice ram and processor but I'd always prefer a desktop or console for gaming laptops are good for everything but games.

Nice ram and processor but I'd always prefer a desktop or console for gaming laptops are good for everything but games.

Even I find it awkward to play on a laptop..but it was a gift from my girl from her trip from US.

View attachment 229292

View attachment 229289

Lenovo y70 touch
PROCESSOR
Intel® Core™ i7 processor
Windows 8.1
NVIDIA® GTX-860M with 4G VRAM
8 gb ram
1 TB HDD
1920 x 1080 17.3" screen.
i have same configuration in my new hp with i5 :D
btw check your windows update notifications for windows 10
i already got registered :D windows 10 on 29july full version

i have same configuration in my new hp with i5 :D
btw check your windows update notifications for windows 10
i already got registered :D windows 10 on 29july full version

You should register, but delay the upgrade to get some reviews. Not every new OS works fine.

You should register, but delay the upgrade to get some reviews. Not every new OS works fine.
ohkz yea i registered.... i would wait my friend to upgrade he is having a similar old model thanks for advice man :)

Which processor model?
Also, consider replacing the HDD with an SSD - you will get a tremendous performance increase.

4th Generation Intel Core i7-4710HQ Processor (2.50GHz 1600MHz 6MB)
It's a 1 TB SSHD

Meh, nothing monstrous about it. The specs look impressive, but the HDD is sluggish, and that drags down the entire experience. Then there is the issue with the display, (the HD version); poor viewing angles, even poorer color reproduction, and general lack of detail. It's definitely not something you'd want in a $1500 laptop.

I've been using this laptop for the past 4 months, and have had enough of the horrid HDD lag. I'm going for an SSD, and a UHD IPS display panel to replace the stock 1920x1080 display.

Meh, nothing monstrous about it. The specs look impressive, but the HDD is sluggish, and that drags down the entire experience. Then there is the issue with the display, (the HD version); poor viewing angles, even poorer color reproduction, and general lack of detail. It's definitely not something you'd want in a $1500 laptop.

I've been using this laptop for the past 4 months, and have had enough of the horrid HDD lag. I'm going for an SSD, and a UHD IPS display panel to replace the stock 1920x1080 display.

I just unpacked it yesterday...haven't loaded a heavy game yet...In fact haven't even touched it after taking a couple of pics...though you are right. ..its classified under an entry level gaming device..so I am not too excited about it.

I just unpacked it yesterday...haven't loaded a heavy game yet...In fact haven't even touched it after taking a couple of pics...though you are right. ..its classified under an entry level gaming device..so I am not too excited about it.
It depends on what you use it for. The graphics card is pretty good, I'd say in the high range. Only enthusiast level cards (or SLI or crossfire) can be better. Those are huge power hogs, so more suited for desktops, where dedicated cooling can be provided. For laptops, your graphics card should be more than sufficient for any game, played on your laptop display. I'm guessing, the only time you will feel that the graphics card is insufficient would be if you try to play a very new game on a monstrous external display at highest settings.

Otherwise, your laptop can handle any game. Most games these days are limited by GPU, ie, are graphics intensive. Your graphics card is pretty awesome, for a laptop. Hard disk speed or processor speed are not too important for games these days.

You might get longer loading times for games, since it's not a full SSD. But once it loads, it should play very well.

For everyday usage, hard disk speed is the limiting factor. For games, most probably the GPU, otherwise the CPU. For number crunching applications like video conversion, the CPU is what matters.

I have an ASUS ROG G750JM with identical specs

I hope your laptop has a good heat sink cause playing hardcore games on the laptop often results burnt out motherboard

I am speaking from Experience

I had to get the motherboard replaced for my last 3 laptops but thankfully it was under warranty

Back
Top Bottom