What's new

My name is Pakistan and I’m not an Arab

Seriously i have never came up with this inferiority complex in my province KPK. We dont have an issue with Allah Hafiz

And neither have I ever encountered, or heard of, such as person desperately claiming to be Arab (or some other type of foreigner, for that matter). Actually, even the Syeds I've come across play their ancestry only to the point of being proud of being part of the Prophet's family.
Then these's these articles that seem to be custom-written to mislead people into thinking every other Pakistani has this massive inferiority complex and are constantly posing as Arabs.

On the other hand, we have our beloved eastern neighbors desperately trying to add oil to a small spark :disagree:

That is nothing but over simplification and erroneous. Every one was equal everywhere so long there was no caste system and that should be.

Yes there was no hindu caste system in punjab. Punjab is birth place of your religion, here everyone was equal. Anyone could become pundit over night, but not many wanted it. Punjabis are ghairatman koum, being pundit meant begging for food. Waiting so zamindars can give them left over food.

"rof Malti G Shengde in her book “The Civilized Demons” quotes the impression of a Brahmin who visited the land of five rivers “having become Brahmins ones, a Balhika becomes Ksatriya, then (he became) Vaisya, Sudra and even a barber."

simple . Indian brahmins were outsiders ???
Yes, they came from the mars.:lol:

Yes there was no hindu caste system in punjab. Punjab is birth place of your religion, here everyone was equal. Anyone could become pundit over night, but not many wanted it.
Total garbage. As i said before, every chamar now wants to claim Brahmin ancestry.:rofl:

IVC was established on the course of Indus river and 95% of indus river course is through Pakistan and only 5% to india.
. Provinces with Indus Valley Civilization Sites: Sindh, Rajasthan, Punjab(both East & West), UP, Gujrat, Baluchistan, Haryana, Kashmir, Maharashtra.:coffee:

But why did people switched to Allah Hafiz from Khuda Hafiz in the first place? Or they always used Allah Hafiz?

Both have been in use since times, often interchangeably. But since Khuda is more a general words meaning 'God', some people choose, and even actively encourage others, to use the more technically appropriate 'Allah Hafiz' (which uses God's personal name). At the end of the day it comes down to personal choice.

I've come across this exact argument several times in this forum, and I bet it's going to be sparked once again in some other thread in the near future. And I suspect even you probably know the answer this by now.

What possible difference would it make for Pakistan to acknowledge its history? The Prophet never distanced himself from Arabs who were pagans by declaring himself a non-Arab....he was appreciative of his Quraysh heritage. It did not give him or any early Muslims identity crises.. so I wonder why Pakistanis have to indulge in it?

Perhaps the reason being is that the history of Pakistan is taught in so plain and confused terms that people needed a fake story to fall in line with.

the 1000 years of Mohammedan presence as Rulers of Indian lands were usually wrought with them warring and displacing EACH OTHER than any non-muslim leaders. Nor were these leaders of much consequence in conversions as were the Sufi preachers. I dont see any of them downplaying the locals on where they came from on the basis of their race or previous acts.

That is problem with the VERY narrative of Pakistan..the very ideology of Pakistani Muslims.. instead of welcoming people into Pakistan.. instead of finding every excuse to call them Pakistani.. you are hell bent on calling them traitors or heretics on the snap of a finger. Iqbal was right in his 1930 address.. that there is a DESPERATE need for ALL muslims of the subcontinent to throw of the baggage of Arab Imperialism they carry with them...and recognize themselves as Muslims of the subcontinent. Muslims who follow what the Prophet of God taught.. and not what certain sects in Arabia do.

I find it ridiculous when you see a person in Thawb walking around here, thinking he is in 6th Century arabia and some early Muslim is about to come out and hug him. Those people were blessed to be in a time were ignorance was ripe...and then came the light to end it all. One could debate the reasons Arabia of then was chosen.. it was the most degraded of societies... but that degradation was the most relative degradation possible compared to the potential they held(and still do to this day). But had Islam come to rome.. chances are that we would be simultaneously trying to copy the romans and be bashing them by Saying.. Ego sum et Pakistan, ego sum nec Romanum....if events had played out exactly the same.

The Prophet is a Arab.. but he is the Prophet of Allah and Islam is his religion.. A Muslim is of the religion of the Prophet.. and not of his race. There are many a fine qualities in Arabs.. but some of them are suited to their own society.. some of them even they have evolved beyond.. Its time we stop trying to be 6th Century Mecca.. Realise that if today we(Muslims) were all Pagans.. and the Prophet was born in these times.. the call to Islam would be going via whatsapp and Facebook...and the earliest Muslims of us would write the Quran down on our tablets and Ipads.. not on date barks and parchment. .. and yet.. we would still need to pray five times a day.. fast.. give zakat.. and women & men would still need to show modesty and cover themselves properly.. because that is what God has ordained.

I feel a sense of pride when I stand next to Arabs.. pray with them, behind them.. lead them in Prayer.. but this pride is because regardless of whether I am decended from them or not.. or whether my ancestors were pagans or not.. the efforts of their ancestors helped bring Islam to the people around them.. Turks.. and Persians...and to this land.. And for that I am forever grateful...

However, I do not need the Arabs nodding approval whenever I read the Quran.. or follow the Prophet's teachings.. Nor do I think my prayer will be rejected in case I pray in Kurta Pyjama or a Suit.. because neither Ibn-Abd-al wahab.. , Maudoodi, tahir-ulQadri or the CII or any other person.. Sunni or Shia.. Sufi, Wahaabi, Ahle-Hadees.. Ahmedi have Any say in the process of my prayers acceptance. The authority that does is not bound by their pithy bickering.. and the authority is certainly not Arab , Turk, Indonesian.. or a South Indian... nor did he send the Prophet with his knowledge to confine it to one culture or one race.

Yes, they came from the mars.:lol:

Total garbage. As i said before, every chamar now wants to claim Brahmin ancestry.:rofl:

. Provinces with Indus Valley Civilization Sites: Sindh, Rajasthan, Punjab(both East & West), UP, Gujrat, Baluchistan, Haryana, Kashmir, Maharashtra.:coffee:

Who wants to claim pundit ancestry? Being pundit meant taking care of mandir and waiting for left over food. Pathetic!
Its only in Bharat pundits have become somewhat respectable. They liked the idea of being beggars and eating left over food so much that some of them left for India, and in process created caste system. Though today you guys don't look like punjabis at all.

The 1000 years of Mohammedan presence as Rulers of Indian landswere usually wrought with them warring and displacing EACH OTHER than any non-muslim leaders.

This 1000 years story is surely taught in madrasas. Even, moderators started believing in it.

The History of Modern Day India

5500 BCE to 2000 BCE: Indus Valley Civilization. Provinces withIndus Valley Civilization Sites: Sindh, Rajasthan, Punjab(both East & West), UP, Gujrat, Baluchistan, Haryana, Kashmir, Maharashtra.

2000 BCE to 600 BCE: Vedic Civilization or Gangetic Civilization.

600 BCE to 300 BCE: Sixteen Mahajanapadas or Sixteen Great Kingdoms.

4th Century BCE: The Nanda Empire. It was the first powerful and influential Indian imperial power.

322 BCE to 185 BCE:TheMaurya Empire. It was the largest ever Indian empire and imperial power.

1st Century BCE to 1st Century CE: 1) North-West India: Indo-Greek Kingdom. 2) North-Central India: Sunga Empire. 3) South India: Satavahana Kingdom. 4) West India: Indo-Scythian Kingdom.

1st Century CE to 3rd Century CE: 1) North India: TheKushan Empire. 2) South India: Satavahana Kingdom. 3) West India: Indo-Scythian Kingdom.

4rd Century CE to 6th Century CE: The Gupta Empire. Most of the historians consider this period as The Golden Age of India.

6th Century CE: 1) North India: The White Huna Kingdom under Mihirakula and his father Tormana. And also many small Kingdoms.. 2) South India: ThePallava Empire.

7th Century CE: 1) North India: Empire of Harshavardhan. 2) South India: ThePallava Empire and TheChalukya Empire.

8th Century to 11th/12th Century CE: 1) West India: TheGurjara Pratihara. 2) East India: Pala Empire. 3) South India: Rashtrakutas Empire and Chola Empire. Again, between 8th and 10th century a fierce Tripartite Struggle took place among them over Kanauj or Gangetic plane.

13th Century CE to Mid 16th Century CE: 1) North India: Delhi Sultanate. It was the third Indian empire of Central Asians after Scythians and Hunas. Sufism and Bhakti Movement started during this time. 2) South India: Chola Empire( upto mid 14th century) and Vijaynagar Empire (upto mid 16th century). 3) Other Areas: Rajputana by Rajputs, Himalayan Kingdoms by Gurkhas and Maharasthra by Bahmani Empire.

1526 CE to 1556 CE: 1) North India: Total Chaos. Four rulers came into being: Babur, Sher Shah, Humayun and Hemu Vikramaditya. 2) South India: Vijaynagar Empire.

1556 CE to 1707 CE: Mughal Empire. It was one of the greatest empires of India. Mughals were Chagatai Turks of Uzbekistan. During this time, a new culture of singing, dancing, drinking, writing, art, inter-religious marriages and synthesis of faiths developed.

1680/1707 CE to 1805/1818 CE: Maratha Empire. It was the last Pan-Indian imperial power.

Bengal: Battle of Palassey(1757) took place which later proved to be a turning point in the history of India.

First half of the 19th Century: 1) North-West India: Sikh Kingdom in Punjab, Haryana, Kashmir and KP. 2) Rest of India: Rapid expansion of British East India Company rule.

1857 CE: The Sepoy Mutiny or The Indian Rebellion.

1858 CE to 1947: British India. Bengal Renaissance. Congress was established in 1885, Muslim League in 1906 and RSS in 1925.

1947 CE: Partition of India. The Republic of India was born.

1947 CE to Present Time: Nehruvian Period (1948 to 1964). Help in the creation of Bangladesh in 1971. First Non-Congress Government came in 1977.

I use Khuda Hafiz, all my friends use Allah Hafiz. It made me uncomfortable that I was only one who said Khuda Hafiz. Our family uses Khuda Hafiz and so do.

Both have been in use since times, often interchangeably. But since Khuda is more a general words meaning 'God', some people choose, and even actively encourage others, to use the more technically appropriate 'Allah Hafiz' (which uses God's personal name). At the end of the day it comes down to personal choice.

I've come across this exact argument several times in this forum, and I bet it's going to be sparked once again in some other thread in the near future. And I suspect even you probably know the answer this by now.

Thank you guys, I know it's down to personal choice but just wanted some clarification.

article is correct.
people have been brainwashed into thinking arabs or arabic things are holier than though.
sorry, they are a travesty to begin with. they enslaved people right across the continents and yet used religion to justify anything they wanted to do. go and see the slave market ruins in east africa, my friends and your hair will stand up.
Go to saudi now and see the abuse that is meted out to the workers including just recent incident which my mother observed in the haram itself where a maid was abused by isolent arab children who were with her - treated her like an animal and humiliated her and then the mother joined in. My mother had to stand up to this abuse. Why!!! do these arabs do this.
several more incidents which i myself have observed have lead me to conclude that arabs are just regular trash who are illiterate and abusive people. Just because the koran came there does not mean, we have to give them any 2 cents of gratitude.
Be proud of who we each are and be thankful not to be one of them... Arabs...

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

who were your ancestors?? Can you please enlighten us.

Don't tell me you claim your ancestry to some place in Central Asia!!
But, it doesn't really matter where you come from. What does is you were a band of indigenous people who were at the
forefront of continuous aggression from Muslim nations or caliphates or whatever they were..... the population slowly converted to Islam..... Most of your so called pagan ancestors if not all were forced to do so.

Peace

Perhaps you didn't understand what I said. The Buddha in person was never Pakistani, neither was he born in Pakistan nor did he have children that ended up becoming, in time, Pakistani. Hence he is not our ancestor.
The Buddhists on the other hand were, of course, an important part of the pre-Islamic society of the Indus valley, as well as the lands west to it.

Guru Nanak, again, was one man. Saying he was an ancestor to Pakistanis is like saying William Shakespeare was an ancestor to the English, which I'm sure you know wouldn't be classed as being correct.
But on the other hand, a number of Pakistanis who used to be Sikh, and probably carry his blood in their veins can claim (and if they want, be proud) of being his descendant. But that percentage is obviously very tiny out of a 180 million.

ps. that laugh emoticon has to be the most annoying one yet :coffee:

First Bhuddha was Rig vedic brahmin, he was more related to us then anyother. And 2nd bhuddha was born in Swat, Pakistan. Again more related to us then anyone else in South Asia.

Buddha was Brahmin & born in Swat ????????????????

article is correct.
people have been brainwashed into thinking arabs or arabic things are holier than though.
sorry, they are a travesty to begin with. they enslaved people right across the continents and yet used religion to justify anything they wanted to do. go and see the slave market ruins in east africa, my friends and your hair will stand up.
Go to saudi now and see the abuse that is meted out to the workers including just recent incident which my mother observed in the haram itself where a maid was abused by isolent arab children who were with her - treated her like an animal and humiliated her and then their mother joined in. My mother had to stand up against this abuse. Why!!! do these arabs do this.
several more incidents which i myself have observed have lead me to conclude that arabs are just regular trash who are illiterate and abusive people. Just because the koran came there does not mean, we have to give them any 2 cents of gratitude.
Be proud of who we each are and be thankful not to be one of them... Arabs...

Buddha was Brahmin & born in Swat ????????????????
who care... he was a good person came to this world to part a great message like all prophets.
there is never a right or wrong... all are different paths leading us to the same maker.

Back
Top Bottom