What's new

My hometown Parachinar was attacked and I'm heartbroken by your silence

I think more than Shia, it has some thing to do with Parachinar being located in FATA which is always ignored by mainstream Pakistan. People of Parachinar were protesting and no one was giving coverage to it and attention to them, same as no attention is given to the protests by people of other areas of FATA.

I think more than Shia, it has some thing to do with Parachinar being located in FATA which is always ignored by mainstream Pakistan. People of Parachinar were protesting and no one was giving coverage to it and attention to them, same as no attention is given to the protests by people of other areas of FATA.
FCR is killing FATA , but PMLn is delaying to keep JUIf Mulana Fazlur rahman happy. If FATA merge in KPK then JUIf will die forever. They only surviving due to FCR.

Those blaming india should accept one fact that the killers are locals.
If someone gives me a gun or money to start killing my neighbours , i wont do it nor would a majority of the posters here.
Unless i already had serious issues with them and didnt previously have the means to cause mayham.
Lots of educated posters justifying the killings.
Never a good idea to sanction extra judicial deaths

There was no Eid or chaand raat for us in Parachinar this year. Across the country, as people were getting ready for a happy Eid, so many of us here were buying shrouds to bury our loved ones, candles and incense to place on their graves.

As I was penning my sentiments, I could see on TV the scenes of jubilation as the Shawwal moon was sighted. My cellphone was ringing with messages of Eid Mubarak.

I felt disappointed, frustrated and hurt. My heart burnt in anguish thinking of the lives lost, children made orphans and wives made widows after the merciless attack in my hometown that killed more than 70 and injured hundreds more.

I feel like a stranger in my own country. The apathy of my fellow Pakistanis and the media hurts me more than the actual bombings. It is incomprehensible as to why a day of mourning was not declared in the country and why the national flag was not flown at half-mast.

The silence and negligence of our leaders in face of our tragedy is of criminal proportions.

I want to know as to why I am being treated as practically a non-citizen of this country. Where is the hue and cry in the media over the mass killing of people of my area?

I want to know why has there been no high-level meeting to urgently discuss what happened in Parachinar. Why didn’t any politician, high official or anyone of note attend the funerals?

TV channels across the board were broadcasting Eid-related shows; how many minutes were dedicated to the families who had gathered outside the offices of the Political Agent demanding justice, attention and words of sympathy?

I feel dejected and even though I would like to think that I am wrong, I cannot help but wonder if we are being ignored simply due to our sect, our ethnicity and the area to which we belong.

People had to transport dead bodies and the injured in handcarts because we don’t have enough ambulances. Many of the injured would have been saved had we had adequate emergency facilities.

The indifference of the federal government is there for all to see; the state of neglect only becomes more apparent when incidents like these take place. Even small towns like Sahiwal and Gujranwala have the basic amenities that Parachinar desperately lacks.

Why did the prime minister not cut short his holiday in London and come straight here after the mayhem?

Homes that were full of life and light not long ago have turned into places of mourning. I met a distraught sister: “My beloved brother, I had just stitched new clothes so that you look like a groom on Eid.” I saw an inconsolable mother at the grave of her 12 year-old child: “O my son, sleep well, your mother will remember your wounds till the last breath of her life.”

Heartbroken at what was happening around me, I went to see my mother. She was down on her knees, head bowed, thinking about her brother whose body was blown to a million pieces in a similar attack previously. My mother’s brother is now joined by her cousin Kamil Hussain who lost his life last week. Kamil was killed in the second explosion; he had rushed to the site to help after the first blast went off.

“My God! Where should I go?” asked my wife. Her father was shot to death on his way home from an Imam Bargah a few years ago. “All I see around me is either the mutilated bodies of the victims, or Pakistanis celebrating Eid in the rest of the country.”

The prime minister visited Bahawalpur and announced compensation for the fire victims there, but we are hurt that he has so far ignored Parachinar. A visit here would have sent a strong message to terrorists; silence is not the way to fight terrorism.

As the rest of the country ignores us, we are trying our best to help ourselves and survive on our own. Maybe our wounds will heal and tears will dry out, but the silence and the indifference to our ordeal will never be forgotten.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1341931/m...s-attacked-and-im-heartbroken-by-your-silence
Bro, these delusional low lives like to see them dead.
Calling those poor martyred citizens, cannon fodders who are fighting for Iran. These idiots are turning Pakistan into an other Syria!. May Allah help Pakistan and it's people
ISI and army will neglect death of Parachinari citizens

My heartfelt condolences for the loss of precious life. In a country which has sacrificed 70000 lives for the cause of Peace, there are hardly any unaffected family in Pakistan.
We as a nation have moved on from condemnation and are actively participating in routing out this menace of terrorism from the pure Land of the Dreams Pakistan. As we are conducting Operation Raddul Fassad which aims to rout out not just the physical elements of the threat but also the psychological warfare sadly which has gripped the world full of extremes.
Anyone who considers themselves as Pakistani should remember that Pakistan does not belong to any sect or cult. As civilians we have been asked by our COAS to actively take part in Raddul Fassad as any other soldier of Pakistan. The soldiers of Pakistan are not just the men in uniform but every breathing soul that walks the land.
Politicizing blood is not a Muslim trait and we should look at the larger picture on what problems we are facing. Those who understand the dynamics of the problem in Parachinar should know better and it is a shame if they fall prey to such low level tactics.

I can understand the reason why many here blame Iranian support or the Afghan connection or even the Mr. Patel connection given the geography and geopolitics but in the end it all comes down to the individual. If you are happy to play a demoralizing role and a negative role in the society then i only have bad news for you.
Parachinar is not an easy place to secure or conduct business given that this pretty much is a hotbed of ethnic tension which goes back ages. To blame the security forces is a cowards act or call it a genocide plays right into the hands of our hungry enemies and the enemies of Peace.

Pakistan does not and will not provide any basis for discord among the Nation of Islam. Our constitution is a proof of that and we consider anyone who utters the Shahadah as a Muslim.

@waz @Jungibaaz @Slav Defence

Please watch the thread for sectarian cheap shots and the usual lobbying. Be strict in action since now this is coming from the top of the leadership. The Pakistani cyber laws and recommendation from the security agencies should be implemented here strictly.
Thanks.

Dekho bhai sahib, Pakistan ma JI foreign funded, JUIF foreign funded, PAT and MWM foreign funded too. Ban all these organization. Even JI hide Khalid Shiekh Mohammad mastermind of 911, recovered from JI worker house from RawalPindi. All should be ban then. MWM is chicken size infront of these monsters. Another one Jamat duwa, Diffa Pakistan council etc etc

lol yes.

May be , but major support for PTI. I vote PTI.
I totally support you on this . all foreign funded parties should be banned .
But ek terrorist incident ko base bana ker anti National ban jana isnt fair .

My question to fellow Shia Pakistanis is that do they also stage sit-in protests to lock-down major urban centers and social media hashtag campaigns when Sunnis are killed in Pakistan ?

Do Sunnis also demand removal of armies from sensitive areas when terrorism incident occurs ?

How many percentage belong to discriminatory shia causalities of total terrorism losses in Pakistan ?

MWM is a political party, not a representing every shia of Pakistan but still, on every tragic incident, they start their own agendas using political strengths from all over the country.

And, coming to Parachinar demands, where else the shias in Pakistan will demand to handover the security to their own people and remove armed forces ? Army in Parachinar is bad and the rest is good. And these were the same people who have rejoiced every collateral damage in the past ten years of army operation. (They do the same when news of innocent civilians being killed in Syria and Iraq emerge. )

Everything wrong is with Sunnis, with Pakistan Army, with Gen. Zia and with Sunni religious seminaries... you lot are sinless angels, you never did anything wrong to anyone.

Have some shame, fear God if you believe in any God.

You never blame the Satanic Iranian Revolution of 1979 which puked its venom all around the Satanic Republic.

One simple answer.

Do some clean up in Parachinar.

There's something wrong with Parachinar, admit it.

Your Sipah terrorists caught in Karachi, trained in Iran, were also from Parachinar.

Your Allama Arif-ul-Hussain Al-Hussaini, the Khomeini's satanic agent was from Parachinar.

Why don't you send your zakirs, allamas and ayatollas to Parachinar to make them calm down, to stop them from going to Syria and elsewhere for a sectarian war?

Why don't you remind these Parachinaris that they are on the soil of Pakistan, and it's not Iran. If they have to answer their sectarian religious call of a Crusade, then they are on the wrong side of border. Better to move into Afghanistan or Iran.

As for our law enforcement agencies, they are continuously chasing the terrorists (from any community) who have attacked innocent people (from any community).

Our government, our Army are not racist, religious fascists like Iranians; they will provide justice and security to all Pakistanis with no discrimination.
If you had displayed your bigotry in a military mess...

You'd have been on the receiving end.

Unlike secterian insects like yourself.. army doesn't differentiate... nor tolerate nonsense.

My question to fellow Shia Pakistanis is that do they also stage sit-in protests to lock-down major urban centers and social media hashtag campaigns when Sunnis are killed in Pakistan ?

Do Sunnis also demand removal of armies from sensitive areas when terrorism incident occurs ?

How many percentage belong to discriminatory shia causalities of total terrorism losses in Pakistan ?

MWM is a political party, not a representing every shia of Pakistan but still, on every tragic incident, they start their own agendas using political strengths from all over the country.

And, coming to Parachinar demands, where else the shias in Pakistan will demand to handover the security to their own people and remove armed forces ? Army in Parachinar is bad and the rest is good. And these were the same people who have rejoiced every collateral damage in the past ten years of army operation. (They do the same when news of innocent civilians being killed in Syria and Iraq emerge. )
My question;

Have Sunnis ever been specifically targeted ?

People are actually leaving the country..

The hazaras of Quetta have literally been seiged in their houses..

This is an example of a MASS GRAVE of secterian victims:

E0887F28-BC21-464F-AB90-27AECEA75A40-623-000000F7502BAA73.jpeg

@Azlan Haider posted a link, according to which 20,000 Shias , including 6000 kids have died in targeted "secterian" terror attacks.

And this is how Shias are specifically targeted

7E45817C-175C-4B94-AC75-8733353D62C5-623-000000F80CB045B9.jpeg

And this is the amount of secterian poison running in the veins of Pakistan

http://www.pewforum.org/Muslim/the-worlds-muslims-unity-and-diversity.aspx

My question;

Have Sunnis ever been specifically targeted ?

People are actually leaving the country..

The hazaras of Quetta have literally been seiged in their houses..

This is an example of a MASS GRAVE of secterian victims:

There are many incidents of targeted terrorism in the country. Many specific incident where people of certain sect or ethnic community have been targeted. It had happened for almost everyone. For example in Baluchistan, punjabis and even local working on national projects are targeted by terrorists. TTP has bombed more sunni mosques than shia ones.

Moreover, Running a social media campaign against armed forces and that of genocide is not justified. Most of the common people in Pakistan live in complete harmony with shias. So why using the term genocide ? Shias also enjoy equal opportunity of power in our country be it civil or military organizations.

Lastly, why only army presence in Parachinar is hurting. Terrorism has happened in Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar too.

There are many incidents of targeted terrorism in the country. Many specific incident where people of certain sect or ethnic community have been targeted. It had happened for almost everyone. For example in Baluchistan, punjabis and even local working on national projects are targeted by terrorists. TTP has bombed more sunni mosques than shia ones.

Moreover, Running a social media campaign against armed forces and that of genocide is not justified. Most of the common people in Pakistan live in complete harmony with shias. So why using the term genocide ? Shias also enjoy equal opportunity of power in our country be it civil or military organizations.

Lastly, why only army presence in Parachinar is hurting. Terrorism has happened in Lahore, Islamabad and Peshawar too.
Tell me how many wahabi Target killings any bomb blast in wahabi madarsa or jalsa or gathering?

Why always Shia Target killings why bomb blasts in Shia mosques imam bargahs majalis and jalsa Sufi shrines Sunni gatherings ?
Why any answer u got brother?

Parachinar dharna demands

1. For leaders to visit it. Army isn't giving security clearance. Last thing Pakistan need is political leaders getting killed by Iranian backed militias.

2. Army to gurantee 100% security or move out, again not possible.

3. Army to provide weapons to take on terrorists, TTP no longer have base there. They will use weapons for secterian fights.

Another reason for demand of army to move out is operation against shia terrorists backed by Iran.

They demand to be armed to tackle terrorism and army to move out. Those days are long gone, how are you going to take on people who blow up in middle of market? By shooting random sunni tribals who they perceive as supporting shia killing and turn in to tribal warfare just like 5 years ago? Unless their demand is just PM to visit which will not actually archive anything.

There is lot of coverage still on Parachinar, I'm talking about talk shows. Also attacks even now are common enough that peole forget it after few days but Parachinar is still trending in twitter because it has been given sectarian angle along with ethnic by some nationalists. While quetta is no longer there and bahawalpur trend died after few days.
What bothers me is the fact that Shia are themselves sectarian to the core. When they are on the receiving end of terrorism, they will swiftly pull out sectarian and minority oppression cards to draw sympathy from online burger generation and Shia all over the country. They fail to realize that Shia are far from doodh ka dhula hua in the matters of militancy and that the terrorists have spared nobody.

Another issue is that which brand of Islam is correct - Shia or Sunni? Shia have split Islam to such a degree that their brand looks like a new religion in comparison to the original. In the light of this situation, how are Muslims supposed to achieve 'consensus-building' on religious grounds and discourage sectarian causes and motives for attacks on Shia (and Sunni) citizens across the country?

From Surah Al-Rum:

[Adhere to it], turning in repentance to Him, and fear Him and establish prayer and do not be of those who associate others with Allah (verse 31)

[Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects, every faction rejoicing in what it has. (verse 32)

Problem is that Muslims have truly lost their way.

I don't want to sound sectarian but Shia are doing their best to promote their brand of Islam and customs across Pakistan without understanding the ramifications and sentiments of sunni majority. Look at Muharram being the month of mourning and Shia-led protests across the country that disrupt traffic (and transport) with extensive coverage on media. What is this?

Last edited:
What bothers me is the fact that Shia are themselves sectarian to the core. When they are on the receiving end of terrorism, they will swiftly pull out sectarian and minority oppression cards to draw sympathy from online burger generation and Shia all over the country. They fail to realize that Shia are far from doodh ka dhula hua in the matters of militancy and that the terrorists have spared nobody.

Another issue is that which brand of Islam is correct - Shia or Sunni? Shia have split Islam to such a degree that their brand looks like a new religion in comparison to the original. In the light of this situation, how are Muslims supposed to achieve 'consensus-building' on religious grounds and discourage sectarian causes and motives for attacks on Shia (and Sunni) citizens across the country?

From Surah Al-Rum:

[Adhere to it], turning in repentance to Him, and fear Him and establish prayer and do not be of those who associate others with Allah (verse 31)

[Or] of those who have divided their religion and become sects, every faction rejoicing in what it has. (verse 32)

Problem is that Muslims have truly lost their way.

I don't want to sound sectarian but Shia are doing their best to promote their brand of Islam and customs across Pakistan without understanding the ramifications and sentiments of sunni majority. Look at Muharram being the month of mourning and Shia-led protests across the country that disrupt traffic (and transport) with extensive coverage on media. What is this?

Please delete your post.
This is not a religious forum.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom