What's new

My favorite (newest) hunting weapon : Yugoslav SKS

Yes. They come in clean, but when they leave the target,...the exit wound looks like it exploded.

It's an extremely effective round. Do you have any guns specifically for self defence? I guess an AR-15 would be the best home defence weapon.

Ah, yea , same also in Japan. Its so difficult to get gun license and screening is lengthy. No, i haven't gone hunting , but am enrolling for hunting license. :)

Its a beautiful / relaxing sport, my friend.

I would love to go hunting. But I admit I feel a bit sorry for the animals being hunted. :P Even though it's really no different from me buying some meat from the supermarket, and if I kill it myself it might even be kinder since I will shoot it through the heart or the head.

It's an extremely effective round. Do you have any guns specifically for self defence? I guess an AR-15 would be the best home defence weapon.

Yea, i'd say the AR-15 is my ultimate home defense. In hand to hand combat tho, Im also skilled with the Katana. So , if anyone comes to my house to rob me...lol. He'll probably lose his head. :-)

I would love to go hunting. But I admit I feel a bit sorry for the animals being hunted. :P Even though it's really no different from me buying some meat from the supermarket, and if I kill it myself it might even be kinder since I will shoot it through the heart or the head.

haha, there is the thrill of the kill, as i hear from my buddies at the gun range. One guy i know there went to Alaska to hunt bears; can you imagine? Paying $2-5k, that's some serious moolah to spend. If you're into guns, id recommend you get a gun license and hit the range. Who knows, maybe later on, you'll think about hunting license. I'm sure there are hunting ranges there in China.

Ak is better than ar. Hands down.

They can take a beating, and they don't quit...literally.

@Chinese-Dragon , @Kaan ,

From what I recollect, during the Sino-Indian War, the People's Liberation Army was equipped with the standard Type 56 SKS, it was exceedingly effective against the Indian Army border guards.

109025_01_sks_type_56_paratrooper_640.jpg

They can take a beating, and they don't quit...literally.

@Chinese-Dragon , @Kaan ,

From what I recollect, during the Sino-Indian War, the People's Liberation Army was equipped with the standard Type 56 SKS, it was exceedingly effective against the Indian Army border guards.

109025_01_sks_type_56_paratrooper_640.jpg
I dont remember where I read it but apparently the chinese back in the day prefered the sks to the ak. They gave the officers and sergeants or whatever ak's and the average lee got an sks. They didn't want to be wasting ammo like the americans.

I dont remember where I read it but apparently the chinese back in the day prefered the sks to the ak. They gave the officers and sergeants or whatever ak's and the average lee got an sks. They didn't want to be wasting ammo like the americans.

@Kaan ,

What was the standard issue rifle for the Turkish Army during the 1950's- 1960's ?

idk 100% but I know the troops in korea used the garand and I think that in the early 50's the kirikkale rifle was being used.
Turk Mauser

In the 1960's i want to say the garand but idk for sure.

Very nice. I know that the Turkish contingent that was sent to Korea during the Korean War was ruthlessly efficient against North Koreans and Chinese Paramilitary forces. The Turkish Brigade, they were called.

@Nihonjin1051
I just found this on wiki:
Service rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Awesome. Thanks, @Kaan

Yea, i'd say the AR-15 is my ultimate home defense. In hand to hand combat tho, Im also skilled with the Katana. So , if anyone comes to my house to rob me...lol. He'll probably lose his head. :-)

I do martial arts, I've been doing Jeet Kune Do since I was a little kid, for more than a decade now.

Obviously it's not a good idea to try hand-to-hand combat against someone wielding a Katana or an AR-15 of course. :D I'm not suicidal, lol.

Do you have any handguns by the way? If gun ownership laws are ever relaxed in Hong Kong (unlikely) I would love to get a handgun or something like that.

I do martial arts, I've been doing Jeet Kune Do since I was a little kid, for more than a decade now.

Obviously it's not a good idea to try hand-to-hand combat against someone wielding a Katana or an AR-15 of course. :D I'm not suicidal, lol.

Do you have any handguns by the way? If gun ownership laws are ever relaxed in Hong Kong (unlikely) I would love to get a handgun or something like that.

Jeet Kune Do eh? Bruce Lee ! What degree belt are you ? That's a great form , btw.

As for handguns, no , I don't have any. Yea, those are good for starters.

So you're in Hong Kong? Ever lived abroad?

i got a semi automatic ar 15 but the magazine can't come out for 1000.00 in newyork

What other rifles you got, @qamar1990 ?

PS. Yea, tell me about it. Its a real pain buying rounds for these because they're so expensive and they're used up so quickly.

Jeet Kune Do eh? Bruce Lee ! What degree belt are you ? That's a great form , btw.

There is no official belt system in Jeet Kune Do, so no belt.

I've been doing it for more than a decade, though to be honest, in recent years I have become lazy, and only really do it for the purpose of "exercise". :P

So you're in Hong Kong? Ever lived abroad?

I haven't lived overseas for long periods of time, though I have been around the world a lot, regularly to places like Canada and Europe. I've been to Tokyo and Okinawa as well, that was a really great vacation. :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom