What's new

My favorite (newest) hunting weapon : Yugoslav SKS

dude how would u rate AR vis a vis an AKM. I was planning on getting an AR but unfortunately have to move to NYC. F..king hate NY gun laws.

An AR is generally more accurate than an AK. When you see 'match guns', competition rifles, they are almost always an AR frame. But because of the looser tolerances of the AK they are more rugged and able to 'digest' cheaper ammo like Russian steel cased stuff. Some AR's, like mine have trouble with steel cased stuff. You could get an AR and make it 'N.Y. legal' like I did with mine to make it N.J.-legal. I'm pretty sure you can do it for an AK but I haven't personally seen it.
http://www.thordsencustoms.com/shop/NY-SAFE-COMPLIANT.htm
NY SAFE COMPLIANT

7.62 is relatively cheap. And an SKS should be able to handle the cheaper Russian steel cased ammo like Wolf and Tulammo no sweat. You can get that stuff in bulk (1000 rds.) for pretty cheap. I tried Tulammo in my AR and it didn't like it.:sniper:

Thanks bro, I'm probably going to get large amount of rounds for this baby. I literally just got the rifle this week and about 5 clips worth of ammo. Time to order this weekend. lol.

:)

dude how would u rate AR vis a vis an AKM. I was planning on getting an AR but unfortunately have to move to NYC. F..king hate NY gun laws.

OT: Do they allow concealed license there ?

For how much you bought this Sks for?

I got it for a very good price , $250.

Congrats on your new rifle. I absolutely love the SKS, I had a bought one couple of years ago, now it is with my father in law. It's a great range gun too.
there are a lot of after market stuff, but i had refinished my stock and it looked absolutely stunning. It might be a good project if you are interested in DIY stuff.

Thanks man. I'll definitely look into that DIY stuff. I just went to the gun range this weekend ; am thinking about getting a scope for the SKS.

This is what I'm look at:

sdc10015-jpg.36114

Thanks bro, I'm probably going to get large amount of rounds for this baby. I literally just got the rifle this week and about 5 clips worth of ammo. Time to order this weekend. lol.

:)

OT: Do they allow concealed license there ?

I got it for a very good price , $250.
Getting a handgun license in NYC is a pain in the ***.

20 rounds of 55 gr FMJ 5.56 x 45 , PMC

FMJ, I should have figured from the picture of the log. I heard that these 5.56x45 rounds "tumble" inside a human body, causing massive internal damage.

@Chinese-Dragon ,

Do you shoot? Own gun(s) ?

Gun ownership is difficult in Hong Kong. It's possible to get a license to own them, but it's extremely hard. Until then I have to remain satisfied with shooting ranges. :partay:

I have some family members in Canada, it would be a lot easier to go hunting there if I ever wanted to do so.

Do you go hunting in the US?

FMJ, I should have figured from the picture of the log. I heard that these 5.56x45 rounds "tumble" inside a human body, causing massive internal damage.

Yes. They come in clean, but when they leave the target,...the exit wound looks like it exploded.

Gun ownership is difficult in Hong Kong. It's possible to get a license to own them, but it's extremely hard. Until then I have to remain satisfied with shooting ranges. :partay:
I have some family members in Canada, it would be a lot easier to go hunting there if I ever wanted to do so.
Do you go hunting in the US?

Ah, yea , same also in Japan. Its so difficult to get gun license and screening is lengthy. No, i haven't gone hunting , but am enrolling for hunting license. :)

Its a beautiful / relaxing sport, my friend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom