What's new

My experience with incompetent and lazy FIA and also Police.

My main issue is with FIA. They delayed my case. It should 4 hours time in they should decide whether the case belongs to them or not, not one month and thing if you loose your ATM and some one uses it guess what there is no law which calls it criminal act in a specific manner

By the way today I visited CIA building to talk to my father student who is part of CIA. And I felt really sad for CIA and Police in General. Man the building in which they had office should be brought down. That building is way old doors and furniture suck. Seriously pathetic condition
bhai jaan ap kisi siyaany admi ko bhejy ap maulana hai wo janty hain ap se kuch wasool nhi hoga 10-20 hazar lagay sab kam ho jay ga apka . bholy badhshaho aap muft main ye kam karana chahty hain yehi apka masla hai bus sab theek hai FIA -POLICE kiyoon apka muft kam kareen ? tell me one reason why ?

Doesn't your bank have a fraud department? They should be handling this and reimburse stolen funds.

Bizarre process I couldn't deal with this headache.
paiyaan its Pakistan some days ago Chinese guys install devices on ATMs and stole cash when someone use that ATM . bank file cases and said to victims jab police chines se pesa niklwa ker de gitab apky account main pesa ayee ga . one of my friend lose 180k . remember these ATMs are infront of banks in fact part of banks :lol:

If they were equipped with SCAR, this wouldn't have happened.

@Zarvan:
something similar happened to me in 2017 when a transaction of Rs. 85,000+ was made on my debit card while the debit card was in my possession at time of transaction. On receiving message on my mobile about transaction, I immediately filed a complaint on Debit Card helpline of my bank. When the confirmation call for funds transfer came, i denied any confirmation and got the card blocked. On very next day, I went to my bank and filed an application of fraud and attached the cut-out two pieces of debit card. The case was sent to the Fraud Investigation Department of my bank and after 1 week, i got my money back on provisional basis. My debit card was a Visa Debit Card. I never contacted any police department as i already knew they will do nothing; instead i contacted my bank to recover my money. On every transaction, whether though ATM or any sale point, i always get a confirmation message at least.

So if you had a VISA Debit Card, then i suggest you to contact your bank and file a fraud case. Banks oblige most of the time as insurance of Debit Cards is provided by VISA services and VISA services often reimburse frauded money. It may take some time but bank should try their best to recover your money.

On every transaction greater than Rs. 10,000, i get a confirmation call from my bank for confirmation of funds transfer. Even if the person is identified, the law enforcement agencies do nothing to apprehend the culprit while the victim lose his precious time and money to get the justice.

@Zarvan:
something similar happened to me in 2017 when a transaction of Rs. 85,000+ was made on my debit card while the debit card was in my possession at time of transaction. On receiving message on my mobile about transaction, I immediately filed a complaint on Debit Card helpline of my bank. When the confirmation call for funds transfer came, i denied any confirmation and got the card blocked. On very next day, I went to my bank and filed an application of fraud and attached the cut-out two pieces of debit card. The case was sent to the Fraud Investigation Department of my bank and after 1 week, i got my money back on provisional basis. My debit card was a Visa Debit Card. I never contacted any police department as i already knew they will do nothing; instead i contacted my bank to recover my money. On every transaction, whether though ATM or any sale point, i always get a confirmation message at least.

So if you had a VISA Debit Card, then i suggest you to contact your bank and file a fraud case. Banks oblige most of the time as insurance of Debit Cards is provided by VISA services and VISA services often reimburse frauded money. It may take some time but bank should try their best to recover your money.

On every transaction greater than Rs. 10,000, i get a confirmation call from my bank for confirmation of funds transfer. Even if the person is identified, the law enforcement agencies do nothing to apprehend the culprit while the victim lose his precious time and money to get the justice.
well i have better idea i use check only no cards no tension :D:P

...On receiving message on my mobile about transaction, I immediately filed a complaint on Debit Card helpline of my bank. When the confirmation call for funds transfer came, i denied any confirmation and got the card blocked. On very next day, I went to my bank and filed an application of fraud and attached the cut-out two pieces of debit card. The case was sent to the Fraud Investigation Department of my bank and after 1 week, i got my money back on provisional basis. My debit card was a Visa Debit Card. I never contacted any police department as i already knew they will do nothing; instead i contacted my bank to recover my money. On every transaction, whether though ATM or any sale point, i always get a confirmation message -
Even though I live in the U.S. I think I'm going to take your advice and choose to get an email confirmation message every time my card is used.

paiyaan its Pakistan some days ago Chinese guys install devices on ATMs and stole cash when someone use that ATM . bank file cases and said to victims jab police chines se pesa niklwa ker de gitab apky account main pesa ayee ga . one of my friend lose 180k . remember these ATMs are infront of banks in fact part of banks :lol:
Had he blocked his account in time, no one could have used his card. Prevention is better than cure.

Ab samjh ayi k asal masla kahan pe hai.....gun change karnay se police force fit nhn ho jaye gi.....system aur sooch hi kharab hai bhai....
I know that but sorry Guns are also a problem. The guy who was sitting on Door he didn't even had Type 56. He had some Old Gun and if a attack took place he stands no chance. Even in a Gun attack he stands no chance

Doesn't your bank have a fraud department? They should be handling this and reimburse stolen funds.

Bizarre process I couldn't deal with this headache.
I have sent a application their also

If they were equipped with SCAR, this wouldn't have happened.
The Guy on the door didn't even had Type 56. He had some old weapon and even if a Single Gun man equipped with Assault Rifle attacks that Policeman stood no chance. Secondly the building itself was museum and in case of USA they would have marked the building to be taken down as it had seriously miserable conditions. And in that thing I don't expect much from Police.

Man that guy is in police custody and they are asking 1laks to release him !! welcome to Pakistan welcome to realty. !!

Zarvan you have taken the wrong approach. My wallet was snatched a few years back along with my mobile. The first call i made from another guys mobile (within 5 min) was to the bank to block my card, second was to mobile company to block my number and the first thing i did the next morning was to go to nearest police station and register an application declaring the theft of my NIC.

Ap kin chakron mein par gy?? Should have gotten that card blocked as soon as you realized you have lost it. I am sure he did not made 83000 PKR transition in one go, didn't you received SMS notification when first transition was made? Anyway, i hope you have got it blocked now. I am sorry but i don't think you will get your money back. Its a debit card so i am sure even the bank cant do much to recover the money (they could have helped if it was a credit card). I will suggest that you do not waste your energy on FIA or Police, just register a complaint with bank and let them handle.

Zarvan you have taken the wrong approach. My wallet was snatched a few years back along with my mobile. The first call i made from another guys mobile (within 5 min) was to the bank to block my card, second was to mobile company to block my number and the first thing i did the next morning was to go to nearest police station and register an application declaring the theft of my NIC.

Ap kin chakron mein par gy?? Should have gotten that card blocked as soon as you realized you have lost it. I am sure he did not made 83000 PKR transition in one go, didn't you received SMS notification when first transition was made? Anyway, i hope you have got it blocked now. I am sorry but i don't think you will get your money back. Its a debit card so i am sure even the bank cant do much to recover the money (they could have helped if it was a credit card). I will suggest that you do not waste your energy on FIA or Police, just register a complaint with bank and let them handle.
By the time I realized that my ATM card was gone I was already robbed of 83000 RS Sir. Secondly I went to Police Chowki which is close to Emporium. They told me to go to FIA as it's not their case but of FIA.

am i the only one who realises this a bank matter and its for them to get your money back and get the guy prosecuted

Welcome to pakistan of PMLN and ppp?these are their achievements entire system is corrupt.hope for best .do your best at this coming election in selection of candidates.

almost same thing happened to someone close, got her debit card stolen and upon realisation had already swiped it for 45000 rupees, called bank but to no avail,
In Pakistan, debit cards when swiped do not ask for pin hence very unsafe if you lose it
merchants are supposed to verify the signatures at the back of debit card but almost no shop keeper will even look at whether the card is even signed or not, once I was used my pak credit card abroad and upon swiping the prompt came on the screen to verify the signature, we are still so behind the common technology available
forget about police, without connections we are nobodies
so keep a tap on your card and if you lose it get it disabled immediately

Back
Top Bottom