What's new

My Best Friend and Classmate Capt. Akash Rabbani Is Shaheed

I'm skeptical about 12.7mm round, It's akin to putting a scope on Anti Aircraft gun. Sniper teams doesn't do that ( or are they getting desperate ?)

TTP uses dragunov and AFAIK dragunov uses 7.62mm. Or are they using more sophisticated sniper rifles ? that would explain a heavy caliber round which could beat kevlar helmet

12.7 is NATO for .50 cal BMG.

The M82 Barrett,Arctic Warfare rifles etc.

Capt. Akash Rabbani of SSG and one of my best friends, classmate, hostel mate and room mate has been Martyred at 6:30 in the evening yesterday in Operation Zarb e Azb in North Waziristan while fighting Taliban

I just came to know now abt him now and leaving for Abbottabad!

He was also a Member of Defence.pk's facebook page and i was asking him continuously to join the forum and he said he will join it after he returns.

A chat that i had with him some Years ago.........

My dear friend had said in the end of the chat when i asked abt when he will be promotion he said ' It will take him 1 year and 6 months to be Captain........ if life remains,............. otherwise love to die'

His wish has been accepted. My Bro is not anymore.

he sounded like a great person.

I am sorry man, My condolences.

I dont know what armor can protect against a 12.7 round
none exists but an experimental one called dragon skin which would be off limits to us

DSkin is good but I have not seen any tests for it over 7.62. And its not even mass produced for the US army. Used by who bought it personally and that too only a US general caught wearing one.

That's what I thought...Whose pix are you sharing?
our friends, his course mates, comrades. He was a paratrooper.

Thank You President Gen (r) Pervez Musharaf.

Pervez Musharraf

2 hours ago

I salute Captain Akash Rabbani and all our brave soldiers who have embraced martyrdom in protecting and defending Pakistan. We are fighting a vicious enemy that had begun to threaten our very existence. I know the Armed Forces of Pakistan will not relent and will not hesitate to continue laying down their lives to eliminate terrorism and extremism from Pakistan. I am proud of them and I pray for their success. PM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom