What's new

My 2013 Trip to the Port of Keti Bandar, Pakistan

achi jaga hai yaar i was in rural sindh in feb this year lols at pid edin it was like time reverse some 100 years :partay:

achi jaga hai yaar i was in rural sindh in feb this year lols at pid edin it was like time reverse some 100 years :partay:

What's 'pid edin'?!

Oh, one more thing about Keti Bandar: I kept getting cellular signal in a location as remote as that. I think I had a 2-g signal because I was able to email with attachments using my brother's Nokia Lumia 650 (okay, 600 something model--don't recall now) which was in my possession during my trip in Karachi. I was pretty amazed and impressed.

What's 'pid edin'?!

Oh, one more thing about Keti Bandar: I kept getting cellular signal in a location as remote as that. I think I had a 2-g signal because I was able to email with attachments using my brother's Nokia Lumia 650 (okay, 600 something model--don't recall now) which was in my possession during my trip in Karachi. I was pretty amazed and impressed.
bhai jaan

26°46'28.28"N 68°17'43.17"E

bhai jaan

26°46'28.28"N 68°17'43.17"E

Looks like you were in Padidan near Naushahro Feroz in the interior Sindh.

Oh, please try to go to Nagarparkar and post some pics of Karunjhar Hills--some local guy has done a 360 tour of that place and that is awesome. Those Hills are something unique in the desert of Sindh.

Looks like you were in Padidan near Naushahro Feroz in the interior Sindh.

Oh, please try to go to Nagarparkar and post some pics of Karunjhar Hills--some local guy has done a 360 tour of that place and that is awesome. Those Hills are something unique in the desert of Sindh.
i have pics of that area only sir

Nice pic's thanks for sharing , glad you enjoyed our nation is full of beauty inshallah one day soon our nation will have peace .

your pictures are not well taken

Yeah, probably not! But they are not too bad?! At least they give you an essence of the area? I also think they may be looking a bit out of proportion being made to fit in this web page's confines? On my full HD laptop they look pretty okay to me.

Nice pic's thanks for sharing , glad you enjoyed our nation is full of beauty inshallah one day soon our nation will have peace .

It is also MY nation!

BTW, the bad rap Pakistan gets is not from the 'usual' violence--for the usual violence we need to go to central America--places like Honduras which was called by even a local as 'The Murder Capital of the World' WRT to the recent migration of children to USA.

The violence in Pakistan is political--more geo-political--than even a breakdown of State Machinery. Not diminishing the violence in Pakistan but IF/WHEN Pakistan aligns itself with the 'right' external forces then, I believe, the violence in Pakistan would be much much lesser than in a large part of the world. But I digress...

It is also MY nation!

BTW, the bad rap Pakistan gets is not from the 'usual' violence--for the usual violence we need to go to central America--places like Honduras which was called by even a local as 'The Murder Capital of the World' WRT to the recent migration of children to USA.

The violence in Pakistan is political--more geo-political--than even a breakdown of State Machinery. Not diminishing the violence in Pakistan but IF/WHEN Pakistan aligns itself with the 'right' external forces then, I believe, the violence in Pakistan would be much much lesser than in a large part of the world. But I digress...

Yes sir it is also your nation , I meant by "OUR" as in all of ours , and I agree with everything you stated well stated but still the dangers of Pakistan are not gone yet inshallah one day soon this evil shall pass AMEEN.

One more point: I could not use my credit card to pay to the rental company--and that was part of the gripe against them. They wanted everything in either cash or on bank transfer, even though their website--at least back in late 2013--made credit card an option. I ended up paying them by cash--the whole Rs. 6000 plus Rs. 300 (for the police 'fine'). But, luckily, I managed to pay for the petrol ($40) using my credit card. I don't like carrying a lot of cash and so this was one more thing the rental company needs to work on.

To those of you who would go to Keti Bandar: Along your way is Marho Kotri Wildlife Sanctuary (it's location is in the OP's Google map image). Should be a very interesting, beautiful, and peaceful place to go! Here is an image from Panoramio - Untitled photo

87854331.jpg

Nice pics @Meengla Looks to be a good place to visit.

Yes sir, Keti Bandar is THE hidden gem as far as coastal areas are concerned: Safe, beautiful, peaceful, and close to Karachi. I think there is a new thread on this forum about building a port at Keti Bandar. Good idea.
PS I am back to this thread from that port thread.

Back
Top Bottom