What's new

Muslims in South Asia that claim Punjabi/Sindhi ancestry

And if that's the logic for claiming victory of Baloch, then yeah India won WWI and WWII. India also colonised different parts of the world after being colonised themselves. Go take your stupid logic somewhere else.

Not exactly. The Baloch actually had their own entity in Kalat which represented them and allied with Abdali, where as the British seized the Indian sub-continent against its will. The Baloch and the Pashtuns are also both Iranic, the British and South Asians aren't anywhere near as closely related. The British also heavily frowned upon India, the Durranis didn't have quite the same mindset towards the Baloch.

And yes, there are those who celebrate the victories of those Indians who participated in certain battles during WW1 and WW2, remember, there is a big difference between celebrating particular battles in which your people were involved in as compared to the achievements of that empire as a whole.

Not exactly. The Baloch actually had their own entity in Kalat which represented them and allied with Abdali, where as the British seized the Indian sub-continent against its will.
Present day Rajasthan had their own Hindu kings even under Mughals who sometimes fought on the side of the Mughals. Does that make them equal allies?

Did Abdali specifically fight to seize the Indian subcontinent against the British? Why did he restrict himself to present day Pakistan and Afghanistan if that's the case?
The Baloch and the Pashtuns are also both Iranic, the British and South Asians aren't anywhere near as closely related.
How is this even related to the topic?
The British also heavily frowned upon India, the Durranis didn't have quite the same mindset towards the Baloch.
How will you define as heavily frowned? The British enlisted Indian soldiers in their army. The British also allowed many kings to retain their rule as long as they pledged alliance to the British. They also built roads and railway lines and abolished unjust practices. Of course, you can say that the British were more proficient in handling their vassal states.
And yes, there are those who celebrate the victories of those Indians who participated in certain battles during WW1 and WW2, remember, there is a big difference between celebrating particular battles in which your people were involved in as compared to the achievements of that empire as a whole.
Agree to this. But there is still a difference between voluntary fighting which resulted into victories from the involuntary fighting which resulted into victories but at the cost of lives.

Can you show me the Baloch empire over here?

Durrani empire
Durrani_Empire_1747_1862_AD.png

Maratha empire

India1760_1905.jpg

Last edited:
Present day Rajasthan had their own Hindu kings even under Mughals who sometimes fought on the side of the Mughals. Does that make them equal allies?

Depends on the emperor.

How is this even related to the topic?

Because we're discussing whether or not the Baloch were mere canon fodder or actual equal allies.

How will you define as heavily frowned?

Racial discrimination is rather easy to point out, and in this case, even if it did exist it would be misplaced since the Pashtuns and the Baloch are both Iranic.

Can you show me the Baloch empire over here?

No because to tell you the truth there never was one, they only had regional dynasties here and there as well as influential figures. But tell me, if Indians can celebrate other Indo-Aryan achievements, why can't the Baloch celebrate other Iranic achievements as well?

Depends on the emperor.
Yes, it depends on the emperor. But over here, the rebellion of the Baloch was quashed by Abdali. So it doesn't make them equal allies.
Because we're discussing whether or not the Baloch were mere canon fodder or actual equal allies.
Belonging to the same ethnicity doesn't make people as equal allies. You are just oversimplifying too much over here. I myself look Iranic but I would never like to associate with Baloch or Iranics or Pashtuns as I now simply don't have anything in common with them other than looks. Basically, ethnicity is on a backburner when your national identity, state and then linguistic identity comes in that particular order. That's the case for me atleast.

Coming back to the point, many people in the Middle East are of the same ethnicity i.e. Arab, still they keep fighting and killing each other. It's simple power politics.
Racial discrimination is rather easy to point out, and in this case, even if it did exist it would be misplaced since the Pashtuns and the Baloch are both Iranic.
There are other forms of discrimination as well. It's not simply racial. If you don't toe the line of the empire, you will get punished/discriminated against.
No because to tell you the truth there never was one, they only had regional dynasties here and there as well as influential figures. But tell me, if Indians can celebrate other Indo-Aryan achievements, why can't the Baloch celebrate other Iranic achievements as well?
Karo fir celebrate. But celebrating it as some Baloch victory is simply laughable.

My last reply for you since you are making really absurd arguments.

I myself look Iranic

But you're not Iranic.

Basically, ethnicity is on a backburner when your national identity, state and then linguistic identity comes in that particular order.

They tend to correlate, and different Iranics (especially those living within the same region like Pashtuns and the Baloch) do share many cultural similarities.

Coming back to the point, many people in the Middle East are of the same ethnicity i.e. Arab, still they keep fighting and killing each other. It's simple power politics

But if you make that claim, then nobody can be proud of any empire even if they're from the same ethnic group as them because, as you rightfully said, it's just a power struggle. So, if one were to apply this argument fully, you'd do well to scrap any form of nationalism that you believe in. Alternatively, you can accept that this is a reality but still feel close to those previous entities of a similar stock/culture as you due to your human instinct.

Im not really convinced since these are not proven.

id tag an awan, @Malik Alpha

Im from Balochistan bro. That said from what Ive seen arians and even awans on average are more iranic lookin than say jatts etc let alone indians.

i call bs on this bharti’s claims. Arains look different to other Punjabis and most of the other biradiris traditionally hate us. :lol:

Now anyone who is not Punjabi want to be a Punjabi ethnic, due to the fact of it gives a big edge. This will satisfy his ego as the most successful, rich, fighter and the most educated race of the subcontinent.

Look at this : Punjabi Supremacists now openly claim as the most superior race:

Salman Taseer daughter twitter account:

Sara Taseer
@sarataseer
Too fascist for the liberals. Too liberal for the fascists. Punjabi supremacist. B(Sc)Econ LSE UK, UWC alum. Jewellery Artist. Salmaan Taseer my fab Abba.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom