What's new

Muslims in Middle Kingdom and Contemporary China Celebrating Festivals and More

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think now i know why @Phukimak said that you like to exagerate things. i think you over confidently throwing some numbers in your post without any data to support your arguments. if you take a closer look, some Indonesian members (if not all) who comment in this thread at some point disagree with you.

what's exactly the definition of Islamic stronghold? if you're talking about in jakarta or in any other city there are more muslim than non muslim, well, what can you expect from a country that 80 to 90 percent of it's 250 million people are muslims. don't forget that the governor of jakarta is non muslim.

What data ?, those that I have posted is actually an analysis, and for the last figure that I posted you can search by yourselves. Islamic stronghold is derived from election result since 1955 until the last one.

The current Governor of Jakarta (Ahok) is there to take a place of Joko Widodo who has resign and become a President. Every body know that Ahok is actually a burden for Joko Widodo to be a Jakarta governor several years ago.

What data ?, those that I have posted is actually an analysis, and for the last figure that I posted you can search by yourselves. Islamic stronghold is derived from election result since 1955 until the last one.

The current Governor of Jakarta (Ahok) is there to take a place of Joko Widodo who has resign and become a President. Every body know that Ahok is actually a burden for Joko Widodo to be a Jakarta governor several years ago.

whose analysis is that? you?
i'm not really interested to find all the data about the election since 1955, but i already crosscheck some data. for example the last two election in jakarta all of them won by nationalist party none of them are islamic party.

yes, you're right about that. ahok automatically take over the position as a governor from jokowi. there are some extrimist groups trying to take him down, but he's still there.

who is this "everybody"? according to some survey that you can search by yourselves (since i can't add some links to my post) the majority of jakartans still hoping ahok to be the next governor of jakarta, which mean he's not a burden. how come someone who is a burden become the leading candidate? in fact, the things that people might think ahok as a burden because of his ethnicity and religion. other than that ahok is a clean person, furthermore he's a proven clean official. don't you think we have to agree people who still using race and religion to bring someone down as an uneducated, racist and intolerant people?

whose analysis is that? you?
i'm not really interested to find all the data about the election since 1955, but i already crosscheck some data. for example the last two election in jakarta all of them won by nationalist party none of them are islamic party.

yes, you're right about that. ahok automatically take over the position as a governor from jokowi. there are some extrimist groups trying to take him down, but he's still there.

who is this "everybody"? according to some survey that you can search by yourselves (since i can't add some links to my post) the majority of jakartans still hoping ahok to be the next governor of jakarta, which mean he's not a burden. how come someone who is a burden become the leading candidate? in fact, the things that people might think ahok as a burden because of his ethnicity and religion. other than that ahok is a clean person, furthermore he's a proven clean official. don't you think we have to agree people who still using race and religion to bring someone down as an uneducated, racist and intolerant people?

Ahok want to increase the salary of Jakarta's governor employee into something crazy like 100 million a month for high ranking official ( it means he will get the salary increase as well). I can say that it is a legalized corruption since it is not fair. He cannot think holistically and see the impact of that policy into other civil servant employee under central government and other local government, and also the effect into our economy like the tendency to raise salary in our workforce that can burden our businesses and thus give much help for other product from other countries to penetrate our economy.

No, I dont think he can win, I am a big supporter of Ahok before, but not anymore. Lets see, I am quite confident I am right.

About Jakarta I mean Betawi ethnic as it is clear in my previous post.........Local Jakarta, and I am talking about ethnic that will be difficult to change their religion as it is my respond into Antonius post. I mix the analysis by using election data as well to find Islamist Party supporter to back my analysis, and since Betawi only has about 30 % population in Jakarta so the result of election can not be considered as against my analysis either.

Nationalist Party in Indonesia is also not united. Currently almost all powerful nationalist parties has been hand in hand with Islamist party like Golkar Party since our reformation (Poros Tengah coalition) and also with democrat party (Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono) since its birth (2004) until now.

The other one is nationalist secular which is PDI-P. In Parlemen, a coalition of Islamist Party and Nationalist religious are bigger that a coalition of PDI-P (nationalist secular). Only because of Joko Widodo effect PDI-P can win this election. And it turns out that this administration is against our Anti Corruption Body (KPK) by attacking 2 leaders of KPK and arrest it for a ridiculous reason.

Many said that the ineffectiveness and ridiculous of Joko Widodo administration is because of the hands of its party (PDI-P), thats why there is an attempt by Joko Widodo to gain support from Islamist party and nationalist religious ones (Democrat/ Golkar) that makes Megawati (PDI-P leader) get angry.

Last edited:
Ahok want to increase the salary of Jakarta's governor employee into something crazy like 100 million a month for high ranking official ( it means he will get the salary increase as well). I can say that it is a legalized corruption since it is not fair. He cannot think holistically and see the impact of that policy into other civil servant employee under central government and other local government, and also the effect into our economy like the tendency to raise salary in our workforce that can burden our businesses and thus give much help for other product from other countries to penetrate our economy.

No, I dont think he can win, I am a big supporter of Ahok before, but not anymore. Lets see, I am quite confident I am right.
that's it? that's all? ahok not only raising the salary of high ranking official, he raising almost everyone from bottom to the top. street sweeper, people who always singing adzan (i don't know what it called) and other low income employee all of them now get a proper salary. in fact, i never heard that he want to increase his own salary. do you have any proof on that? legalized corruption? ahok not only increasing their salary, but also giving them high target that they have to achieve. if they can't achieve their target they will only take their main salary or as far as being fired. don't you know that civil servants are underpaid? that's why they become corrupt. have you ever compare the prosperity between civil servants and employee in private or public owned company? ahok increasing their salary so they can perform better. you have to give someone salary based on their job desk and their target not because they get the same salary as other or not.
ahok not the only one that want to increase the salary of the employee, jokowi, ignasius jonan, and susi pudjiastuti and some other also want to increase their employee's salary. if you afraid it'll causing an over budget situation you should decrease the number of employee, because we're talking about efficiency and most of our government office overcrowded with employee. if civil servants can perform well it will bring the benefit to our economy, like if they can shorten the time to issued some permit for a company .

that's it? that's all? ahok not only raising the salary of high ranking official, he raising almost everyone from bottom to the top. street sweeper, people who always singing adzan (i don't know what it called) and other low income employee all of them now get a proper salary. in fact, i never heard that he want to increase his own salary. do you have any proof on that? legalized corruption? ahok not only increasing their salary, but also giving them high target that they have to achieve. if they can't achieve their target they will only take their main salary or as far as being fired. don't you know that civil servants are underpaid? that's why they become corrupt. have you ever compare the prosperity between civil servants and employee in private or public owned company? ahok increasing their salary so they can perform better. you have to give someone salary based on their job desk and their target not because they get the same salary as other or not.
ahok not the only one that want to increase the salary of the employee, jokowi, ignasius jonan, and susi pudjiastuti and some other also want to increase their employee's salary. if you afraid it'll causing an over budget situation you should decrease the number of employee, because we're talking about efficiency and most of our government office overcrowded with employee. if civil servants can perform well it will bring the benefit to our economy, like if they can shorten the time to issued some permit for a company .

The number of increase is creazy, the highest salary of state employee is about 10 million per month, it is already descent salary as the minimum salary in Jakarta is about 2 million per month, and he want to raise his own administration into a figure between 100-200 million per month for high ranking officials. It makes the spending for employee salary is too much.

Enough talking with you. Nothing can be resulted by debating in here. The real game is in real life.

The number of increase is creazy, the highest salary of state employee is about 10 million per month, it is already descent salary as the minimum salary in Jakarta is about 2 million per month, and he want to raise his own administration into a figure between 100-200 million per month for high ranking officials. It makes the spending for employee salary is too much.

Enough talking with you. Nothing can be resulted by debating in here. The real game is in real life.
100-200 million? i just check about it. no one said 100-200 million, the highest one will be 75 million. interesting where you got that number from. i believe you don't know about civil servants salary, because they have at least two component, one is their main salary that they will get every month and the second is their compensation based on their position and achievement. well, you're not even reading my post carefully.

100-200 million? i just check about it. no one said 100-200 million, the highest one will be 75 million. interesting where you got that number from. i believe you don't know about civil servants salary, because they have at least two component, one is their main salary that they will get every month and the second is their compensation based on their position and achievement. well, you're not even reading my post carefully.

Heck why I need to reply this, I do know those component, like local government in areas near Jakarta ( can be considered rich ) has about 5 million per month salary for standard salary and it has counts the incentive ones. The highest salary is not too far from that number, and they also need to get master degree to get increase salary and job level. Rich local administration like Jakarta needs to see other part of civil servants salary, it can demoralize others. I bet our soldiers are more needed to get salary increase as well, and also our researcher in LAPAN/LIPI and many clever lecturers, they are more deserved but cannot because our central government budget is not enough.

It can be good in Jakarta but the negative effect it causes can be extremely overcome its positiveness in Jakarta area. And do think about our economy also at this matter ( the tendency to raise overall salary of our employee can damage our economy if it is resulted by just the feeling after looking the salary of Jakarta civil servants and not based on actual productivity and profit of the companies ). It is what I can say we must think like a state men once we become a governor of Jakarta, not thinking like CEO any more. In term of corruption, if Ahok serious, he can give about 2-3 billion Rupiah per year to our independence anti corruption body (KPK) to add their resources and use it for tracking Jakarta local government corruptor. Effective anti corruption program and savire punishment is the remedy for this.

Nope. It has taken about 25 percent of Jakartas budget, it is too much. I see 100 million something in news paper on TV. Even 75 million is too much, it can also effect the morale of Jakarta civil servants once the salary decreases under new ruler. Even Joko Widodo doesnt agree on this, and Ahok should just continue Joko Widodo policy and not even against it as people choose Joko Widodo not Ahok as Jakarta Governor. More money need to be poured for Jakarta's people own welfare and infrastructure, Ahok abandon many Joko Widodo welfare program like the program to relocate people on floading area near many Jakarta rivers.

Last edited:

A Muslim girl reads during a ceremony to mark Laylat Al Qadr at a mosque in Kunming city, capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province, July 13, 2015. Laylat Al Qadr is considered the holiest night of the year for Muslims and is celebrated during Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims. It is known as the "Night of Power". Muslims observe the occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, as the night's holiness is believed to make it a very good time for prayers to be answered. (Photo: China News Service/Ren Dong)

Muslims attend a ceremony to mark Laylat Al Qadr at a mosque in Kunming city, capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province, July 13, 2015. Laylat Al Qadr is considered the holiest night of the year for Muslims and is celebrated during Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims. It is known as the "Night of Power". Muslims observe the occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, as the night's holiness is believed to make it a very good time for prayers to be answered. (Photo: China News Service/Ren Dong)

A Muslim boy attends a ceremony to mark Laylat Al Qadr at a mosque in Kunming city, capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province, July 13, 2015. Laylat Al Qadr is considered the holiest night of the year for Muslims and is celebrated during Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims. It is known as the "Night of Power". Muslims observe the occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, as the night's holiness is believed to make it a very good time for prayers to be answered. (Photo: China News Service/Ren Dong)

A Muslim girl attends a ceremony to mark Laylat Al Qadr at a mosque in Kunming city, capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province, July 13, 2015. Laylat Al Qadr is considered the holiest night of the year for Muslims and is celebrated during Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims. It is known as the "Night of Power". Muslims observe the occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, as the night's holiness is believed to make it a very good time for prayers to be answered. (Photo: China News Service/Ren Dong)

Muslims have Iftar, the evening meal where Muslims end their daily Ramadan fast, in Kunming city, capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province, July 13, 2015. Laylat Al Qadr is considered the holiest night of the year for Muslims and is celebrated during Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims. It is known as the "Night of Power". Muslims observe the occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, as the night's holiness is believed to make it a very good time for prayers to be answered. (Photo: China News Service/Ren Dong)

FOREIGN201507151135000202579731061.jpg

Muslims attend a ceremony to mark Laylat Al Qadr at a mosque in Kunming city, capital of Southwest China’s Yunnan province, July 13, 2015. Laylat Al Qadr is considered the holiest night of the year for Muslims and is celebrated during Ramadan, the month of fasting for Muslims. It is known as the "Night of Power". Muslims observe the occasion with study, devotional readings, and prayer, as the night's holiness is believed to make it a very good time for prayers to be answered. (Photo: China News Service/Ren Dong)

So cute and beautiful!

:partay:

some look like Han Chinese.

Does not matter how they look like, bro. They are citizens of China, which is really what matters most :D:tup:

Sluggish economy affects Ramadan spending
Reporter: Andy Saputra 丨 CCTV.com

07-14-2015 17:17 BJT

The Muslim fasting month is traditionally a time of plenty in Indonesia: shoppers throng Jakarta`s markets snapping up gifts to exchange at extravagant fast-breaking celebrations. But amidst a slowing economy, consumer spending has dropped significantly, while the government has announced an exemption on luxury taxes to spur spending, it may not be the best solution to the problem.

Ramadhan.. the biggest holiday and month of spending for the most populous muslim nation in the world.

But this year, it could look a lot different as growth in Southeast Asia's largest economy has slipped to its most sluggish pace since 2009.

In the first quarter, consumption languished at 5 percent, the slowest for nearly four years, as disposable incomes were squeezed.

"What's being labelled as Indonesia's middle class are people who make $5 USD per day, these people are very sensitive to inflation, that's why we are seeing them focusing on primary needs and cutting spending," said Dr. Enny Sri Hartati, director of Institution of Development of Economics and Finance.

The government is exempting most goods from a luxury tax in a bid to boost household consumption and revive faltering economic growth.

But analysts are saying that Indonesia's problem lies deeper.

"The exemption is contra-productive to locally made goods, the real problem here is the trade deficit, that should be addressed and the beauracratic red tapes are still a major obstacle in making our products competitive abroad," Hartati said.

And there is an abundance of evidence that consumption, which accounts for about 55 percent of gross domestic product, will remain weak and retailers are expecting a slow Ramadan this year.

"Everyone is impacted, our sales have down 40% compared to last year, that's why we join this Jakarta Fair," said Apriandi Herawan, marketing director of Sinar Fajar Gold.

Jakarta Fair, the largest retail and cultural expo in the capital...It is a yearly venue for all kinds of brands to try and attract.. consumer spending. And with it's 4,5 million USD target spending.

the fair will provide a much needed boost in keeping the economic wheels turning.

"the Jakarta Fair is helping a lot in the contribution for the economic of the city of jakarta... people coming to the jakarta fair will have a big potential for spending...the only sector that can save the indonesian economics is actually the consumer spending," said Ralph Scheunemann, marketing director of Jakarta Fair.

That's why it will be crucial to turn this festivity into dollars and cents until the government can address Indonesia's structural problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom