What's new

Muslims in Mathura hold anti-cow slaughter convention

positive discrimination for religious minority is not unique to India and I support it. We all are equal but we give reservation to STs and SCs. why.
Dont tell me oh, but is based on caste etc not religion. So what?

Reservation are provided to communities who have never been part of the ruling class. That is why Brahmans and Kshatriya do not get reservations.

Christians have been a ruling class in India for the last 200 years and continue to rule us via congress. Muslims have been a ruling class for almost 800 years that is why they dont deserve reservation either.

In 1932 when British offered separate electorate for muslims and lower caste, Jinnah accepted it, but Ambedkar refused it on request by Gandhi on the promise that India will cater to the lower caste by offering them reservation. Its is a historical legacy in more ways than one. Even then Anglo Indians who are now Indian christians still get reservation in Lok Sabha seat as they even demanded for that.

There is a difference between positive discrimination for deserving community and Religious discrimination by a community to have special privileges at the cost of others.

Muslims in Mathura hold anti-cow slaughter convention
It is same as hindus in Pakistan holds anti-pee drinking convention.

Reservation are provided to communities who have never been part of the ruling class. That is why Brahmans and Kshatriya do not get reservations.

Christians have been a ruling class in India for the last 200 years and continue to rule us via congress. Muslims have been a ruling class for almost 800 years that is why they dont deserve reservation either.

In 1932 when British offered separate electorate for muslims and lower caste, Jinnah accepted it, but Ambedkar refused it on request by Gandhi on the promise that India will cater to the lower caste by offering them reservation. Its is a historical legacy in more ways than one. Even then Anglo Indians who are now Indian christians still get reservation in Lok Sabha seat as they even demanded for that.

There is a difference between positive discrimination for deserving community and Religious discrimination by a community to have special privileges at the cost of others.

bold bit is wrong. Its not to those who have never been in ruling class, its to those who are 'currently' backward. This is not a music chair that everybody will get their opportunity after sometime. lol.

In any case, I was just pointing to the positive discrimination done to others in other areas. Not saying christians or muslims are poor or anything, just that special cases are not that special.

BTW, this same rule also allows a telugu to have a telugu school in tamilnadu. or even a well off parsi to have a parsi school. I see no wrong in it. They usually allow majority community in their schools.

I studied in govt school which has hindu prayers, 2 muslim kids wont attend but christians did.
We also had 2 hindu festivals (ganesha and saraswati puja) , and no christian or muslim festival celebrated in school. By celebration I mean, buying idol, decoration, prasad, puja by brahmin , funded by us students (of may be headmaster got some money from somewhere but we did contribute).

Anything more you want to know about my 'secular' govt school?

You level of intellect seem to suggest you got educated at a govt. school so I can believe you.

So tell me what was the name of the school, where was it located, what was the 'hindu' prayer you had to recite ?

You have said that for Hindu festivals govt. did not spend money from its pocket and festivals where celebrated with personal money of teacher and students. So how is it NOT secular ?

You level of intellect seem to suggest you got educated at a govt. school so I can believe you.

So tell me what was the name of the school, where was it located, what was the 'hindu' prayer you had to recite ?

You have said that for Hindu festivals govt. did not spend money from its pocket and festivals where celebrated with personal money of teacher and students. So how is it NOT secular ?

Quick question, Since the missionary schools are not funded by the government rather by the Church, so how is it not secular?

bold bit is wrong. Its not to those who have never been in ruling class, its to those who are 'currently' backward. This is not a music chair that everybody will get their opportunity after sometime. lol.

In any case, I was just pointing to the positive discrimination done to others in other areas. Not saying christians or muslims are poor or anything, just that special cases are not that special.

BTW, this same rule also allows a telugu to have a telugu school in tamilnadu. or even a well off parsi to have a parsi school. I see no wrong in it. They usually allow majority community in their schools.

You continue to talk nonsense ..........reservation is not for those who are 'currently' considered backward. A lot of casts who have reservation are 'currently' middle class and educated.

More nonsense about Telugu school in Tamil nadu. Those 'Telugu' school do not hire only people from Andhra pradesh nor do they give special privilege to students from Andhra Pradesh during admission. This has no connection to religious discrimination that is being discussed here.

I dont suffer fools gladly so the next time you want to make ridiculous arguments find somebody else.

Quick question, Since the missionary schools are not funded by the government rather by the Church, so how is it not secular?

Practicing religious discrimination by giving preference to a christian student and providing employment to christian staff at the expense of Non christian student and staff is certainly NON SECULAR. Even if the institute is funded by christians.

You continue to talk nonsense ..........reservation is not for those who are 'currently' considered backward. A lot of casts who have reservation are 'currently' middle class and educated.

More nonsense about Telugu school in Tamil nadu. Those 'Telugu' school do not hire only people from Andhra pradesh nor do they give special privilege to students from Andhra Pradesh during admission. This has no connection to religious discrimination that is being discussed here.

I dont suffer fools gladly so the next time you want to make ridiculous arguments find somebody else.

Practicing religious discrimination by giving preference to a christian student and providing employment to christian staff at the expense of Non christian student and staff is certainly NON SECULAR. Even if the institute is funded by christians.

Ever thought that it might be that parents don't like to sends their kids to Christian schools or maybe the teacher don't want to work for Christian schools? Schools hire whomever they prefer if Christians apply first then they will get hired same case for Hindus.

Ever thought that it might be that parents don't like to sends their kids to Christian schools or maybe the teacher don't want to work for Christian schools? Schools hire whomever they prefer if Christians apply first then they will get hired same case for Hindus.

:lol: ......................... do you really believe this explanation ?

Same can be said do you have any report regarding your statement

Which part ? That missionary school provide reservation for christian students ?

That Missionary collages provide reservation for christian students ?

That most missionary school and college will have an extraordinary amount of christian staff ?

Do you need proof ? I can provide them, but if you have studied in a missionary school and college you would know that what I say is true.

Which part ? That missionary school provide reservation for christian students ?

That Missionary collages provide reservation for christian students ?

That most missionary school and college will have an extraordinary amount of christian staff ?

Do you need proof ? I can provide them, but if you have studied in a missionary school and college you would know that what I say is true.

It is a Christian school and College they will always have reservation for the said group since it is the said group that funds their operation. If you have problem with them then please ask the government to ban all the reservation it has in the government office and other areas.

It is a Christian school and College they will always have reservation for the said group since it is the said group that funds their operation. If you have problem with them then please ask the government to ban all the reservation it has in the government office and other areas.

So this is what it comes down to ......brazenly seek special privileges and at the same time claim to be 'secular' and blame it all on the govt.

BTW school / college funding is done by the fees collected by the management. Most students are hindus. However the most important part is that the land was given for free by the govt. of India. So the real question is what is the right land holding for a religious body that constitutes 2% of the population ?

If they land holding is out of proportion to their size what needs to be done ?

Islamism that favors Hindu nutz.

pathetic.

I am all for respecting traditions. But I do not want bunch of Mullahs or Pundits to make laws.

I thought India was a democracy where parliament (federal or provincial) is the ONLY law making body.

Apparently not in case of cow slaugthter and other pathetic shenanigans.

sadly

Ur quite right in Ur observation dear Fauj Historian , but sadly this world is not perfect :( !!
I wud be MOST happy if these processions are carried out throughout India (and maybe in the rest of teh world too!!) , but NOT just for Cow meat , but for each and every kind of meat , each and every kind of reptile , animal , bird killed for food , clothes , hand bags , shoes , apparels... Im fckuing crying at the top of my inner voice sitting behind my computer screen .. I hope this barbarism ends right now.. Everyone has a chance to live FREELY , not just us humans , the only thing that makes us a little better is a little advanced thinking than other species. If God made this earth , He made it for the animals too!!

Please , think about it!! Let the animals too have a chance to live.. :(

(GRAPHIC Video) Joaquin Phoenix PETA Ad - YouTube

So this is what it comes down to ......brazenly seek special privileges and at the same time claim to be 'secular' and blame it all on the govt.

BTW school / college funding is done by the fees collected by the management. Most students are hindus. However the most important part is that the land was given for free by the govt. of India. So the real question is what is the right land holding for a religious body that constitutes 2% of the population ?

If they land holding is out of proportion to their size what needs to be done ?

No school that is run by organizations is built on free land the organizations had bought the land. Doesn't matter if the students are majority Hindu and pay for their studies. They are there as students if they were donating money and getting nothing in return it would have been different. But they receive education in return. Christians pay out of their pockets to fund the operation of the institutions so others don't have to pay hefty school fees.

In one note you talk about discrimination while on the other you go out and question if the land owned by the 2% of the population is fair or not height of double standards. And please I am still waiting for a link to your earlier remark as to Christians holding majority of the land.

and your level of posting, especially personal attack shows you were victim of abuse and bullying. If that happened in a missionary or boarding school, my sympathies.
am done with you... will reply only if your post has no personal remark.. :closed:

Back
Top Bottom