What's new

Muslims groups to challenge minimum legal age for marriage in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
In BD its 22 for boys and 18 for girls.. :(

So you are telling me you as a muslim country have min age for girl to marry as 18? How did you do that? What about those crazy mullas?

So you are telling me you as a muslim country have min age for girl to marry as 18? How did you do that? What about those crazy mullas?

We dont have crazy Mullahs...

Why is it so important for you to talk about the age of girls only when it comes to muslim. Dont you see the age is equally applied to boys as well?

22 is too much bro! Make it 18 irrespective of religion and GENDER.

I am suggesting 22 because, a women by then can educate herself and find a job for herself if she want.. I always a wanted women to support herself rather than depending on her husband.. I found most of the love marriages at the age of 18 and 19 are just a rush..

I am suggesting 22 because, a women by then can educate herself and find a job for herself if she want.. I always a wanted women to support herself rather than depending on her husband.. I found most of the love marriages at the age of 18 and 19 are just a rush..

You are talking about a small minority who will persuade a graduate carreer. But majority grils wants to marry long before that.

We dont have crazy Mullahs...

Why is it so important for you to talk about the age of girls only when it comes to muslim. Dont you see the age is equally applied to boys as well?

because in India it is the muslims challenging the court only for age of girls.

You are talking about a small minority who will persuade a graduate carreer. But majority grils wants to marry long before that.

I am not sure about it whether it is a small minority mate.. But women I see wanted to pursue studies rather than getting married and I think its a good thing.. Just think about it.. How will a woman survive if her husband leaves her or died if she dont have any education or skills? And I am not sure how many of those girls actually wanted to get married at the age of 15 or 16!! Its rather her parents wanted..

16 is just fine. Don't see any problem with that. Have seen many perfect marriages at that age, no problem whatsoever.

Mate, they are just kids at that age.. I have seen girls got married before completing their graduation and divorced.. Its hard for them to be independent and our culture is like, once the girls got married, they are no longer our concern.. Its hard to get support even from her own home..

Ok, if that's the case then you maybe right. However, in our culture it's totally opposite, even after marriage they keep getting all the support. Daughters are daughters after all, forever. For example my sister got married when she was 17, and yes it was to a boy that she liked. More than a decade down the road, she is the happiest person on the planet, MashaAllah.

Similarly, have seen literally hundreds of other such marriages, all going PERFECT.

Mate, they are just kids at that age.. I have seen girls got married before completing their graduation and divorced.. Its hard for them to be independent and our culture is like, once the girls got married, they are no longer our concern.. Its hard to get support even from her own home..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom