What's new

Muslim woman removed from flight

westtowel

Reaction score
A Muslim-American woman was removed from an aeroplane as it prepared for take off - after a flight attendant told security staff she heard her say 'It's a go' into her mobile phone.

But U.S. citizen Irum Abbassi, who was travelling out of San Diego's International Airport, claims she actually said 'I've got to go'.

The mother-of-three was quickly searched and then made her way back to the flight - but the aeroplane's crew refused to allow her back on board.

She then took the next flight - and is now suing Southwest Airlines for the 'humiliating' incident.

Muslim woman removed from flight after security heard her say 'It's a go' on her phone | Mail Online

I think sueing is justified because she did not had any weapons , and she did not had any intent

Clearly she will live her life knowing the humiliation she endured on flight full of people

And to top it off , she was not let on the flight meaning `she was presumed guilty` because of the mistake by the crew member

Knowing she would make them work extra hard during the flight to bring water and other amenities they decided to just banish the traveler

Which is really disgraceful and ought to be sued rightfully in court

And finally because she was not allowed to fly it probably put her one some sort of watch list and will suffer continuous harassment

And - plus the reason why she was not let on board was because if should would come back on the plane it would make the crew look STUPID and IDIOTIC and ....much more ... so in order to save them humiliation - The humiliation was passed on to the passenger ...

A voucher is not gona make things right !!! Trust me when this happens you don`t sleep for few days and remember it clearly for long long long time

So suing is justified behavior

lol this remind me this clip from movie getsmart

Last edited by a moderator:
Blatant discrimination against a religion. What good is the liberty and free thought that America endorses, when society is decaying?

I think she is right to sue and probably will win a million $..:devil:

If the flight attendants are suspicious of some passenger they can ask security to check him/her once more or clarify the issue(which was done in this case)..and if it is found he/she is okay and no threat then the flight attendants/officials have no right to deny the passenger his/her right to travel.

I think she is right to sue and probably will win a million $..:devil:

If the flight attendants are suspicious of some passenger they can ask security to check him/her once more or clarify the issue(which was done in this case)..and if it is found he/she is okay and no threat then the flight attendants/officials have no right to deny the passenger his/her right to travel.

Actually read your ticket i think you will find most airlies do have the right to refuse you passage, seeing there are probably 40 lawyers writting the small print they probably dont have to give you a reason, its their aircraft.

A Muslim-American woman was removed from an aeroplane as it prepared for take off - after a flight attendant told security staff she heard her say 'It's a go' into her mobile phone.

But U.S. citizen Irum Abbassi, who was travelling out of San Diego's International Airport, claims she actually said 'I've got to go'.

The mother-of-three was quickly searched and then made her way back to the flight - but the aeroplane's crew refused to allow her back on board.

She then took the next flight - and is now suing Southwest Airlines for the 'humiliating' incident.

Muslim woman removed from flight after security heard her say 'It's a go' on her phone | Mail Online

looks like its becoming a common stereotyping

god bless america
god bless WOT

Do not forget your eternal paranoia about the Jews.

jews and Martians ;)

---------- Post added at 05:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 AM ----------

Do they mean muslim by that she was dressed all in black covered all over?

In that case I think it was the right decision to search her.
it was right to search her...but it was wrong not let her board the plane after she was searched and cleared by security.

This is an unfortunate & humiliating experience for her. This may have happened in the US, but such incidents do happen even in Europe & other places. This is the result of terrorism, where the terrorists, who may be in just a few hundreds, have brought a whole religion with millions of followers to disrepute. Unfortunately they have to face such insults in almost every walk of life because people usually generalise, as it is human nature to do so.

A voucher is not gona make things right !!! Trust me when this happens you don`t sleep for few days and remember it clearly for long long long time

So suing is justified behavior

Been there, have you?

it was right to search her...but it was wrong not let her board the plane after she was searched and cleared by security.

Depends, you might find that the Captain ordered the doors closed in preparation for take off & refused to admit her back once that was done. Just another unfortunate incident in what will be an ever increasing number of such cases.

Back
Top Bottom