What's new

Muslim woman passenger faces strange discrimination in United Airlines.

Looks like one of the passengers is speaking out.

This lady is not telling the truth

I was actually on this flight on Friday evening from ORD to DCA. I have been a reader of this forum for a long time but seeing this all over the news made me sign up so I could tell you what really happened here and hopefully stop this liar in her tracks. I was sitting close enough to her to hear everything that was said. The flight attendant came up to the lady (I believe she even took her order first in the entire cabin as she was seated in the bulkhead 7d) and took her order. She ordered a coke zero and a hot green tea with a Splenda. The flight attendant handed her a full diet coke with a cup on top and then told her that the green tea would take a few minutes and she would get it to her ASAP. The lady said very rudely and condescending to the FA that she ordered a coke zero and basically pushed the soda back to the flight attendant. The FA said she was sorry and attempted to find a coke zero for her (which she did not have many of) and told her that she could only give her a portion of the can not the full can. This is when the lady in question started to freak out and told the FA "What do you think I will use this as a weapon?! Why can't I have the whole can? I think you are discriminating against me. I need your name...." The lady just kept yelling to her "I need your name... I am being discriminated against." This is when a few passengers told her to calm down and one guy told her to "shut her mouth and she is being ridiculous over a can of coke". No one ever said anything anti-Muslim to her at all. She was the one who started screaming discrimination when she did not get what she wanted. The FA asked her numerous times if she would like anything else when the lady just basically pushed her away with a hand in her face. The lady then got onto her phone with her credit card and paid for the internet so she could start spinning this story on social media and she was never in tears. This person is a liar plain and simple and is just pulling the discrimination card.

Last edited by ComeFlyWithMe33; Jun 1, 15 at 3:06 pm. Reason: spelling

FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Diet Coke a Weapon?

Diet Coke a Weapon? - Page 15 - FlyerTalk Forums (Checkout 222)

@gambit @flamer84 @C130 @TurAr @TankMan

@Jungibaaz - The portion in Red is just for you :enjoy:
Please...:rolleyes:...You should know by now that this is a 'conspiracy' to cover up what really happened on that Shuttle America flight. What actually happened was that the entire flight, from crew to passengers, all ganged upon the Ms. Ahmad and hurled anti-Muslim anti-Islam invectives at her. Ms. Ahmad, being the kind person and Muslim she is, actually toned down the event and narrowed it down to only the flight attendant and one male passenger.

I too believed it was some kind of shaming incident to take advantage of social media and blackmail the company for whatever stupid lawsuit....but then why did the pilot and flight crew apologize ?

Here, if you're facing an irate customer, its almost automatic to nod sympathetically and say things like "I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations". It's code for "I know you're pissed but we didn't do anything wrong"

Here, if you're facing an irate customer, its almost automatic to nod sympathetically and say things like "I'm sorry we didn't meet your expectations". It's code for "I know you're pissed but we didn't do anything wrong"

Yea but it happened afterwards, not on the flight.....the problem is social media can literally kill a brand. And while US based airlines are shyt anyway, it is the cut throat competition that will eat them up. If i was United Airlines competitor airline, i would track that woman down and offer her some kind of privileges on my product offering......just to lure more in.

Yea but it happened afterwards, not on the flight.....the problem is social media can literally kill a brand. And while US based airlines are shyt anyway, it is the cut throat competition that will eat them up. If i was United Airlines competitor airline, i would track that woman down and offer her some kind of privileges on my product offering......just to lure more in.

It would be a good idea to track her down and offer her a deal except if the story turns out to be false (see post [HASHTAG]#274[/HASHTAG]). I didn't really believe her (see post #83). I'm sure most of the people read the story and came to a similar conclusion.

Last edited:

Please...:rolleyes:...You should know by now that this is a 'conspiracy' to cover up what really happened on that Shuttle America flight. What actually happened was that the entire flight, from crew to passengers, all ganged upon the Ms. Ahmad and hurled anti-Muslim anti-Islam invectives at her. Ms. Ahmad, being the kind person and Muslim she is, actually toned down the event and narrowed it down to only the flight attendant and one male passenger.

Huh, as I expected, she did overreact. And as I expected, if she was lying the truth would be out soon enough.
If these allegations of her making up the story are true, then people like her are a discredit to us all, especially from those who have actually seen islamophobic attacks.

Thank you for coming clean on this, btw just wondering why no from that flight posted any video of the event to prove her wrong or that she is lying?

I was actually on this flight on Friday evening from ORD to DCA. I have been a reader of this forum for a long time but seeing this all over the news made me sign up so I could tell you what really happened here and hopefully stop this liar in her tracks. I was sitting close enough to her to hear everything that was said. The flight attendant came up to the lady (I believe she even took her order first in the entire cabin as she was seated in the bulkhead 7d) and took her order. She ordered a coke zero and a hot green tea with a Splenda. The flight attendant handed her a full diet coke with a cup on top and then told her that the green tea would take a few minutes and she would get it to her ASAP. The lady said very rudely and condescending to the FA that she ordered a coke zero and basically pushed the soda back to the flight attendant. The FA said she was sorry and attempted to find a coke zero for her (which she did not have many of) and told her that she could only give her a portion of the can not the full can. This is when the lady in question started to freak out and told the FA "What do you think I will use this as a weapon?! Why can't I have the whole can? I think you are discriminating against me. I need your name...." The lady just kept yelling to her "I need your name... I am being discriminated against." This is when a few passengers told her to calm down and one guy told her to "shut her mouth and she is being ridiculous over a can of coke". No one ever said anything anti-Muslim to her at all. She was the one who started screaming discrimination when she did not get what she wanted. The FA asked her numerous times if she would like anything else when the lady just basically pushed her away with a hand in her face. The lady then got onto her phone with her credit card and paid for the internet so she could start spinning this story on social media and she was never in tears. This person is a liar plain and simple and is just pulling the discrimination card.

A drama for attention. I hereby issue a fatwa condemning this woman for lying while wearing the Hijab. :astagh:

On a more serious note, like the boy who cried wolf, this woman has ensured that any actual victims of discrimination in the future will not be taken seriously.

Thank you for coming clean on this, btw just wondering why no from that flight posted any video of the event to prove her wrong or that she is lying?

If she has made an allegation, it's up to her to prove it, from whatever means she can. It's not up to anyone else to disprove it.

Did you actually read between the lines of that 'apology' ?

United Hub - Shuttle America Flight 3504 - News

United Airlines did not admit any wrong doing or even a mistake in that 'apology'. It was so blah of an apology that there is a stack of form 'apology' letters with fill-in-the-blanks fields.

Ultimately, this is a case of 'she said, we said' in the absence of any evidence, let alone proof, of what actually happened. Ms. Ahmad said the pilot, presumably white and male, accompanied her to the office to file a complaint. If true, then as a paying customer, Ms. Ahmad is entitled to a hard -- not merely electronic -- copy of that complaint. Where is it ? If Ms. Ahmad was alert enough to recall specific details that involved gross profanity in the alleged event, there should be no problem for her to produce that hard copy of her complaint. Disregard the pilot's name as evidence and just produce the hard copy of the complaint and that would be enough to raise the credibility quotient of her story.

Did you actually read between the lines of that 'apology' ?

United Hub - Shuttle America Flight 3504 - News

United Airlines did not admit any wrong doing or even a mistake in that 'apology'. It was so blah of an apology that there is a stack of form 'apology' letters with fill-in-the-blanks fields.

Ultimately, this is a case of 'she said, we said' in the absence of any evidence, let alone proof, of what actually happened. Ms. Ahmad said the pilot, presumably white and male, accompanied her to the office to file a complaint. If true, then as a paying customer, Ms. Ahmad is entitled to a hard -- not merely electronic -- copy of that complaint. Where is it ? If Ms. Ahmad was alert enough to recall specific details that involved gross profanity in the alleged event, there should be no problem for her to produce that hard copy of her complaint. Disregard the pilot's name as evidence and just produce the hard copy of the complaint and that would be enough to raise the credibility quotient of her story.

She's had her 15 minutes of fame, which was the whole point. Life moves on.

As I had predicted, the story, particularly the reaction of the co-passengers was obviously made up. People seem to want to cash in on the so called Islamophobia. We all know the story of the boy who cried wolf a bit to often.

Pakistani's
The amount rubbish that sometimes goes for discussion around here is beyond belief. So one woman got can of coke that was already opened and some rude comments deserve 11 pages of garbage?
9/11 is deeply ingranied within the American psyche and the regular media coverage of news about Muslims has reinforced the American mind to regard the Muslim's as threat. This is a phenomenon that has developed in the last 15 years.
atanz when for decades corporate media houses are involved in a campaign against ppl of a specific religion then who will u blame for some 'ingrained psyche' sort of thing. Wht u are calling ingrained was purposefully 'ingrained' over the period of time.
So given this it does not surprise me at all that this incident happened. In fact given the widespread Islamaphobia I am surprised that worse incidents of hatred have not happened.

Wow are ureally living in west? Do u know abt number of muslims and pakistanis ,innocent civilians picked by cia under baseless suspicions of terrorism and their lives got destroyed. Afia siddiqui !!! Even if she was guilty , what treatment was meted out to her,? how many more rapes u want than what usa did in iraq for u to know abt much worst incidents?!!

The relative safety of Muslim's in USA or the wider West is testimony to their law abiding nature, their law enforcement and more mature societies.

In fact the only reason why this ruckus has been made is because people do not expect this to happen in Western societies. There is expectation of high standard and justice in the West and when muslims slightly feel compromised they scream and howl. I am not saying these acts are justified but Muslim reaction to these are indicative of deep hypocracy that blights our societies. Just to illustrate my point read the thread below.
Right on abt hazara part, but dear sir there is a differnece between us and USA and west. We never claimed to be champions of human rights yet all these nations do. Heck forget abt everything else,its the same usa that waged war on iraq , destroyed mideast to free the 'poor' subjects from dictators.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom